• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

So today we went to a cat shelter to pick a little sister for the cute mofo on your left, and now we're arguing about names because my girlfriend don't like "Grim Piñata".

totally related to HL/Valve/Steam

Your girlfriend has a point. "Piñata" would have some unfortunate implications for a living animal.

Copons

Omega Destroyer

Appreciating the suggestions, but I think sooner or later someone will say something about derailing and stuff. :p

also... Zilla? but then I'd need to do a sequel to Brodzilla! Too much work...

Your girlfriend has a point. "Piñata" would have some unfortunate implications for a living animal.

Don't you dare opposing the Vortigaunt wisdom.

iosefe

Appreciating the suggestions, but I think sooner or later someone will say something about derailing and stuff. :p

also... Zilla? but then I'd need to do a sequel to Brodzilla! Too much work...

Don't you dare opposing the Vortigaunt wisdom.

how about Alyx

derExperte

So today we went to a cat shelter to pick a little sister for the cute mofo on your left, and now we're arguing about names because my girlfriend don't like "Grim Piñata".

totally related to HL/Valve/Steam

After that Max Payne review I don't think you need a new cat, you need Jesus.

Uncool, man, uncool.

Turfster

Lol the Alien Isolation Crew Expendable price on the humble store is 50€, just like the base game, but according to the description doesn't include it?
They're also doing a strategy week

derExperte

AssCreed Lib HD 50%? Nope, try again next sale. Freedom Cry is reasonably priced on the other hand (if we ignore the price mistake a while ago).

Yeah, nearly disliked that review. lol.

I did. Furiously. Also reported for being wrong.

Copons

After that Max Payne review I don't think you need a new cat, you need Jesus.

Uncool, man, uncool.

Yeah, nearly disliked that review. lol.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Max Payne sucks balls. Deal with it.

Now come at me, I don't care, I'll be AFK for the second part of my Twin Peaks marathon
and then a couple of episodes of Masterchef Italia reruns

For what is worth, though, I've really enjoyed the 40 mins of the sequel I got to play this morning!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Now come at me, I don't care, I'll be AFK for the second part of my Twin Peaks marathon]

Have you reached the Season 2 lull yet? It's as bad as everybody says it is, however the finale (well, I suppose it's a season finale now) is more than worth the slog, especially if you're a Lynch fan in general.

Copons

Have you reached the Season 2 lull yet? It's as bad as everybody says it is, however the finale (well, I suppose it's a season finale now) is more than worth the slog, especially if you're a Lynch fan in general.

I should have said that this is a hype induced marathon, but I've already watched it like 5 or 6 times, and I'm kinda fine with James singing too. :D

header.jpg

Gave Luftrausers a try this morning. I can't see it being a long term thing, but it's a pretty cute little time killer. The controls with the stalling are really interesting. I've played enough games in my life at this point that it's rare to have a game where the controls really surprise me, and this game did that. They annoyed the crap out of me at first, but after getting the hang of them more you can pull off some really cool maneuvers, it's like asteroids with thrust stalling and gravity added in. I also like the ship part unlocks and level challenges taking a really simple game and adding a little bit of progression to keep moving things forward.

Arizato

Finished Transistor today, finally. Easily one of my favorite experiences of 2014, the artstyle was incredibly beautiful along with the soundtrack (Which I am listening to right now, actually!). Loved the character development and the skill system where you were given so much freedom in creating your own builds, especially when you are rewarded with certain characters backgrounds if you mix and match skills. The only thing I found frustrating was some of the fights, with recovering enemies and the like. The "turn based" system was cool though! The game didn't overstay it's welcome and Supergiant Games should get points for how they treated homosexual characters as they made no big deal out of it, they were treated as normal human beings without their sexuality being thrown into our face, which is simply awesome!

I also just bought Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition, as I bought Sleeping Dogs a year ago for 5 dollars or so. I liked the game alot but didn't finish it (Think I played 4-5 hours of it) and didn't buy any DLCs. Did I do the right thing buying the Definitive Edition, GAF?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I swear Kerbal is getting more expensive.

It is. I bought it this summer at 40% off and I only paid $16 for it. They must have raised the base price somewhat.

Excellent game though. So much worth even the full price.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
header.jpg

Gave Luftrausers a try this morning. I can't see it being a long term thing, but it's a pretty cute little time killer. The controls with the stalling are really interesting. I've played enough games in my life at this point that it's rare to have a game where the controls really surprise me, and this game did that. They annoyed the crap out of me at first, but after getting the hang of them more you can pull off some really cool maneuvers, it's like asteroids with thrust stalling and gravity added in. I also like the ship part unlocks and level challenges taking a really simple game and adding a little bit of progression to keep moving things forward.

That banner reminds me of Yoshiyuki Sadamoto's artstyle a long while back.

no, they just REALLY don't want people to get their games on steam - that's all

It's a shame. For all of their faults Ubisoft is one of the few AAA devs that I do enjoy from time to time, and I could usually bank on them hitting that $12.50 to $7.50 range really quickly. Guess I might just have to look for a uPlay deal at some point if it's going to stay this high on Steam.

Anyone having issues redeeming Indiegala Ionball 2? I got forbidden, access denied, retrying won't help, please verify your key parameter!

iosefe

I swear Kerbal is getting more expensive.

I'm ready
about that...
https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/about.php said:
The demo version is free to download and play, and will remain so forever. During development, the game is available for purchase at a discounted price, which we will gradually increase up to its final retail price as the game nears completion. So by ordering early, you get the game for a lot less, and you'll get all future updates for free. Please read this for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom