• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
For a game that supposed to have limited ammo and resources there is a lot of god damn shooting in those Evil Within gifs.

Trust me, if the demo was anything to go by, there's limited ammo. Was hardly enough ammo in the demo to kill 3-5 enemies. A regular Haunted takes 8-12 bullets to take down on normal, and even if you take them down, they reanimate and come back to life shortly unless you burn the bodies or fully destroy the brain, and sometimes will come back even stronger. But the gunplay is satisfying.

turnernader

Neo Member
Can i get an invite to the steam community? that would be awesome. Just started building my library and built my pc a couple weeks ago. cant wait to get started

Amzin

I'm on one of the fastest corporate networks within 500 miles and that's too many gifs :p

There's a reason people keep trying to make alternatives to them

Dascu

Ugh, I'm trying to avoid TEW footage.

Thanks for spoiling the game, Dusk_Golem.

Plus now I've used up all my bandwidth.

I might as well just go back to console gaming at this rate.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Posted this in the OT, but SteamGAF deserves love too. The Evil Within non-spoiler GIF train!

None of these gifs are by me, all from previous TEW threads.

none of those gifs are 60fps so its all hot garbage, might aswell stick needles in my eyes and nails in my dick than look at that disgusting mess

Benedict

So, if NeoGAF mods allow graphic violence in this thread, whats stopping us from posting full frontal nudity and penetration images?

Posted this in the OT, but SteamGAF deserves love too. The Evil Within non-spoiler GIF train!

Game looks pretty great. Straight up nightmare fuel though. Will not be purchasing.

about that...

so basically I won't be buying this anytime soon. Thanks for clearing that up!

yup he basically ruined the entire story and game with those gifs. What a jerk.

Hay guys, any suggestion on a cheap action game to play?

Dont really want to pay much (hense why im in the stream thread lol)

Frame of reference DMC, Ninja gaiden, Bayonetta.

Want to spend £10 max, but honestly only want to pay £5

Wouldn't mind trying a decent F2P or early access title.

So is MGS going to have "Hideo Kojima's" in it too? Last I checked games are team effort. People are always so enamored of Japanese directors...

Dusk Golem

Can't say the same for my phone though. Yeesh.

Edited it down, don't want to kill people's devices. D:

Plus now I've used up all my bandwidth.

I might as well just go back to console gaming at this rate.

Oui, but the bright side is I can ensure you none of the gifs wre spoiling more, the game has a lot more than I just posted, and most of the gifs are actually quite old.

Vazduh

Enslaved is currently on sale, you should check it out.

Messiah

Killer is dead, Marlow Briggs or Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance maybe?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae seems up your alley and there is a demo on playism you can try before throwing down money. It's like a DMC Bloody Palace The Game.

Vuze

From the Godzilla talk last night, here are some copies of Omegalodon:
Thanks for the game!

---

lol @ that repeated 33% off on Black Flag. But since I got Mordor right now (which is mechanics-wise what I expected AssCreed to be like since forever) I'm not even tempted to buy anything from the sale.

I'm also looking forward to Evil Within. Not interested in playing it myself but it looks like something I'd enjoy watching somebody else playing. The real challenge will be to find some YouTube guy without facecam and exaggerated screams.

So, if NeoGAF mods allow graphic violence in this thread, whats stopping us from posting full frontal nudity and penetration images?
If it's game-related it's ok :p

I see you weren't there when Chariot "reviewed" sakura spirit.... that was pretty full-frontal.. or at least front-loaded :p

Javier23

Banned
From Gamespot review of Styx:
In some ways Styx feels like a stealth game from an earlier era, but one that's more dated then vintage. It tries to pick up a few tricks from more modern games in the genre, but much of its core wouldn't have been out of place alongside the earlier Tenchu or Metal Gear Solid games. That prospect may sound exciting, but Styx unfortunately finds itself in the shadows of better stealth experiences.
From Hardcoregamer:
Styx: Master of Shadows is as pure a stealth game as they come. It forces you to be thoughtful and to observe, and rewards your patience with a satisfying tension that few games can match. The abilities Styx has at his disposal are all great fun to use, and the levels are designed in such a way as to encourage experimentation and creativity. Ghosting through a level is exhilarating in ways I haven’t felt in ages, and Styx brings a substantially better story to the table than most of its contemporaries. Despite a few rough edges, Styx: Master of Shadows deserves a place alongside Metal Gear Solid 3, Hitman: Blood Money, and Mark of the Ninja as one of the best titles the genre has to offer.
lol

Dusk Golem

From Gamespot review of Styx:

From Hardcoregamer:

lol

Genres like stealth games are going to stir different people differently. An inherent flaw with reviews is that people appreciate different things about different games. For some, an old-school styled stealth game is exactly what they want. Others don't enjoy being frustrated/stuck/being challenged in that way.

Anteater

There really aren't much, and you'll probably want to wait for a sale

If you could get it below 5 bucks, I'd recommend Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae, it's not really comparable to games you mentioned because it's pretty low budget (it's why I recommend getting for really cheap) but it's really kind of fun, even though it lacked enemy variety, it has some depth and it's fun to master if you're into that kind of games, probably the closest to those games you listed.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/263620

If it's game-related it's ok :p

I see you weren't there when Chariot "reviewed" sakura spirit.... that was pretty full-frontal.. or at least front-loaded :p
something was loaded, alright...

But yeah, if we can avoid stupid amounts of violent shit or nudity, that'd be great. I know we're kinda being sarcastic about complaining now though. We're fine right now, I think.

Dusk Golem

In other horror related news, I've played and beaten Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Silence of the Sleep, Neverending Nightmares, and a few other recently released horror games on GAF, I'll pretty soon get to writing impressions of all of them. Been a while as I've been gone on trips.

Toki767

So I just want to preface this by saying that I do not think this game is very good (although the soundtrack and battle system are fantastic), but I do want to support Square Enix putting more games on Steam, so this is for the Goddess and all that.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Toki767, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

FINAL FANTASY XIII -- MB-241DDE737DD7BA81 - Taken by Khronico. 59 entrants total.

t1412714677z1.png

I just randomly received 90% off coupon The Book of Unwritten Tales. Since I own these, I will happily give the coupons away. Please pm me as I can't keep up with the thread. Also they expire on the 14th.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Am I the only one who tries to write jokes about the game in the title of PMs to ModBot even though nobody reads them?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Managed to play another 40 minutes or so of Alien Isolation. Haven't even seen the damn thing yet and I'm still nervous, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom