• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/17342-blast-process-segapcports

In an effort to help Jase get more games into his Steam library, one of our fellow GAFfers started a thunderclap page in hopes of getting SEGA to bring more of their games to Steam.
Feel free to click the link above and support, doesn't hurt to try~
Do it for Jase.
Do it for Ronan

I'd love to see Vanquish on the PC. The voice acting is cringe-worthy, but, man, does it play like a dream.

Edit:
styxyvaoh.jpg

Yay.

av2k

Hey guys, is Divinity Original Sin worth picking up if we only have one or two hours a night to dedicate to playing it?

Hoping it's not a very grindy game so I can play in small spurts if needed.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Welp, I already owned whatever that Mystery gift was, sorry. Here you go (not my gift originally, I don't know who the original donator is)
It might be Witcher 3, who knows? *wink wink*

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Whocoulditbe?, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery game -- MB-9637440458389382 - Taken by iosefe
I have no idea what it is

iosefe

It is, actually. 40% has been their standard discount for ages now, but they've raised the base price several times.

i still remember when it was 15 base, back around version 0.13

*EDIT*
oh dear...what could it be?

*EDIT2* i ALSO already own it

Nillansan

In an effort to help Jase get more games into his Steam library, one of our fellow GAFfers started a thunderclap page in hopes of getting SEGA to bring more of their games to Steam.
Do it for Jase.
Do it for Ronan

Thank you Tizoc!

You can all discuss the campaign here: Sega PC ports campaign continues with petition (Vanquish, Bayonetta, VF5).

So I'm going to attempt to guess what Costume Quest 2 gameplay is based on what I saw in a video.

Is it a game where you collect costumes and fight monsters in traditional turn based style? And each costume give you different powers?

I'm kinda interested in it but I know almost nothing about it or the first one.

yes, basically is like that, first game was special because of its charm, gameplay was mediocre.

I finished the first one and will buy the sequel eventually.

Welp, I already owned whatever that Mystery gift was, sorry. Here you go (not my gift originally, I don't know who the original donator is)
It might be Witcher 3, who knows? *wink wink*

I have no idea what it is

For future reference, I think when you get that screen saying that you've already redeemed that product, you can click next to proceed to the page about installing it, and it will tell you the name of the game there.

iosefe

I can confirm that it is not Bad Rats cause I don't actually own Bad Rats. I DO own The Witcher 3 though, sooooooo....

just sayin

i don't

o.o

i'ts probably tropico...
For future reference, I think when you get that screen saying that you've already redeemed that product, you can click next to proceed to the page about installing it, and it will tell you the name of the game there.

It's Really Big Sky

i guess i'll put it on the Free to a good home thread

Vecks

Haven't done this in a while. I hope it works.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vecks, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

AquaNox -- MB-E6892A7010EC5502 - Taken by Patison
AquaNox 2 -- MB-14F09AC610AA27BF - Taken by darkchewie

XShagrath

Yeah, only Eastern Europe, India and Asia (14 countries) have region-locked retail subs.
What is the best way to go about getting a key for this from Nuuvem? I try to add it to my cart, and it says it's not available in my region. Would a proxy from Brazil with a US Paypal or VISA work?

Shadownet

Banned

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Where is the JaceC kickstarter?

A Kickstarter for a copy of Rugby Challenge 2 isn't a bad idea. :p

What is the best way to go about getting a key for this from Nuuvem? I try to add it to my cart, and it says it's not available in my region. Would a proxy from Brazil with a US Paypal or VISA work?

Yeah, a proxy/VPN will bypass the "This item is not available in your region" error.

XShagrath

Yeah, a proxy/VPN will bypass the "This item is not available in your region" error.
Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be figuring this out when I get home from work. My boss has over 1000 hours in Borderlands 2 and is itching for me to pick up Pre-Sequel so we can play together.

Dr Dogg

Hmmmm there's something about Jase's new avatar that seems amiss.

Hang on...

Maybe?

!!!

I can confirm that it is not Bad Rats cause I don't actually own Bad Rats. I DO own The Witcher 3 though, sooooooo....

just sayin

Yeah you're in trouble now. Admitting to not owning Bad Rats is only going to have waves of peeps trying to gift it to you. That's how they got me :(

yuraya

Hey guys, is Divinity Original Sin worth picking up if we only have one or two hours a night to dedicate to playing it?

Hoping it's not a very grindy game so I can play in small spurts if needed.

There is no grinding. But the game is very lengthy. 50-100 hours to finish it. Its blast to play so those 1 or 2 hours a night will quickly become 3 or 4 hours ;)

There are so many nice gaf-folks. Thank you dot, you're a nice guy.
Humble Nordic Games 2 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Supreme Commander Gold
TIER 2: 4,62$
  • Darksiders
TIER 3: 10$
  • Darksiders II
  • Deadfall Adventures
Only ones I am interested. But not super high on my list, so pass I think. Supreme Commander devs are the same as Planetary Annihilation, right? And Deadfall is actually a good deal, or at least cheapest yet I think.

I am soooo on the fence about the Definite Edition fo Sleeping Dogs.

I loved Sleeping Dogs, but... actually I looks the same like the normal game. I cant even see things like volumetric fog that they advertised...

Tellaerin

Do it for Jase.
Do it for Ronan

Bayo, Vanquish... I still don't see anyone pushing for a PC port of Anarchy Reigns as part of this initiative. Get with the program, guys. >_<

Buzzbrad

The Steam deals for AC-games, especially Black Flag are so shitty Ive seen it for cheaper in my local game shop which is a small grocery store.

Not at all. $5 a game is a steal, the Black Flag one might be a bit high but not unreasonable since the game lasts quite long.

Dr Dogg

I thought that hair look familiar. So Saoirse is iosefe' girlfriend now.

My condolences JaseC.

Thanks, will never unsee that.

Haha, for all I know she could be holding up a plush of that as my avatar is pretty much the full photo. :p

Hahaha I wouldn't have noticed until Jase and iosefe postsed after each other. Coinkedink?

Anyway moving on before the thread police have a go at me.

I am soooo on the fence about the Definite Edition fo Sleeping Dogs.

I loved Sleeping Dogs, but... actually I looks the same like the normal game. I cant even see things like volumetric fog that they advertised...

Well good news as my copy is in the middle of processing so should have it ready to go on Friday and I'll flood the thread (and maybe the OG OT) with some pics and such of what the differences are.

fantomena

Not at all. $5 a game is a steal, the Black Flag one might be a bit high but not unreasonable since the game lasts quite long.

Just because it's long doesn't make it good.

Im not saying Black Flag is a bad game. I own on PS4 and finished it, but I found it to be a 6-7/10 game.

Liberation is terribad. AC3 is very bad, AC2 is very good, AC1 is entertaining for 2 hours, then it goes to be a repetive boredom, AC: Revelations is mediocre (and the PC-version if fucking awful optimized).

And the point that some of the games are about 5&#8364; should be obvious since some of them are years old.

Buzzbrad

Just because it's long doesn't make it good.

Im not saying Black Flag is a bad game. I own on PS4 and finished it, but I found it to be a 6-7/10 game.

Liberation is terribad. AC3 is very bad, AC2 is very good, AC1 is entertaining for 2 hours, then it goes to be a repetive boredom, AC: Revelations is mediocre (and the PC-version if fucking awful optimized).

And the point that some of the games are about 5€ should be obvious since some of them are years old.

The PC version of Revelations is an awesome port. You must of heard wrong or your computer wasn't up to shape. I personally think it is just the anti-Ubisoft stigma this forum has currently.

chronomac

Had an extra. Enjoy!
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Supreme Commander Gold Edition -- MB-CB3404601AD16354 - Taken by freshVeggie. 4 entrants total.

t1412709337z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom