• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

The PC version of Revelations is an awesome port. You must of heard wrong or your computer wasn't up to shape. I personally think it is just the anti-Ubisoft stigma this forum has currently.

I played Crysis on everything maxed out smooth with 60 FPS or so, might have been some dips somewhere, but I couldn't handle Revelations maxed out.

derExperte

CQ2 QL: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-costume-quest-2/2300-9540/ 60fps btw!

I played Crysis on everything maxed out smooth with 60 FPS or so, might have been some dips somewhere, but I couldn't handle Revelations maxed out.

Can't say that Rev ran noticeably worse than Broho, no performance problems when I played both last year.

I wonder if I should even bother getting AssCreed Revelations...I did enjoy AssCreed 2.

Bro is better, play that first. Rev feels more like a large add-on (still took me 20hrs).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I'm with Buzzbird. I had no trouble maxing out Revelations at 1680x1050 with just a 570.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Humble Nordic Games 2 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Supreme Commander Gold
  • Aquanox
  • Aquanox 2
  • Black Mirror
  • Summoner
TIER 2: BTA
  • MX vs ATV Reflex
  • Titan Quest Gold
  • Darksiders
  • Red Faction Armageddon
TIER 3: 10$
  • Darksiders II
  • Spellforce 2: Demons of the past
  • Deadfall Adventures

Ummm I don't know about everyone else but I feel like that's an amazing bundle. I don't have any of those games so I'm curious to play darksiders at some point.

JaseC

It's a little surprising to see Styx currently sitting at #3 in the Top Sellers list, behind Mordor but ahead of Borderlands and CS:GO. It seems the generally-positive reviews have had a nice effect.

It's a little surprising to see Styx currently sitting at #3 in the Top Sellers list, behind Mordor but ahead of Borderlands and CS:GO. It seems the generally-positive reviews have had a nice effect.

Haven't seen it mentioned, so apologies if its been covered, but is Styx one of the characters from Of Orcs and Men? Is this a spinoff?

EDIT: Just saw the OT:
The game is developed by Cyanide Studios, published by Focus Interactive and works as a prequel for Of Orcs and Men.

Grief.exe

"In a few days" they told me 1 yesterday.

I'll wait until you let us know about the frame rate before I cancel my pre-order.

If it's 60, then no problem, but I just can't support intentionally hiding pertinent information from consumers. Let alone my aversion to playing games below 60 FPS.

JaseC

Lucky you. Had to reduc the game to Medium, especially the shadows, it just killed the framerate, at least at the beginning of the game.

It's less "lucky us" and more "unlucky you". ;)

t3LgP8w.png

Haven't seen it mentioned, so apologies if its been covered, but is Styx one of the characters from Of Orcs and Men? Is this a spinoff?

Yeah, the very same. I don't know if the game is a prequel in terms of canonicity, but it is set before OO&M.

derExperte

That it almost looks like a AAA game for a reduced price is another positive.

Meanwhile Costume Quest 2 is ca. 50th.

Vazduh

Does Serious Sam Classics Revolution still give you the original classics games?

Serious Sam Classics: Revolution is a unified version of the Croteam's original Serious Sam Classic: The First Encounter and Serious Sam Classic: The Second Encounter experience, which is currently in development by Alligator Pit, an indie development team made of Serious Sam fans with the support of Croteam.

Serious Sam Classics: Revolution is a standalone product and it is completely free to those Steam users that already own both original Serious Sam Classic games on Steam (Serious Sam Classic: The First Encounter and Serious Sam Classic: The Second Encounter).

Benedict

Repost for new page.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

AquaNox 2 Revelation -- MB-6E6CD4A901F67058 - Taken by Casimir

Tizoc

There are so many nice gaf-folks. Thank you dot, you're a nice guy.

Only ones I am interested. But not super high on my list, so pass I think. Supreme Commander devs are the same as Planetary Annihilation, right? And Deadfall is actually a good deal, or at least cheapest yet I think.

You'd be getting those games for $2.50 each....

Benedict

Some more for you, from Humble Bundle

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

AquaNox -- MB-FC984121442414E0
Supreme Commander Gold Edition -- MB-90E0494618DF2AE6 - Taken by Leg-End

fantomena

I'll wait until you let us know about the frame rate before I cancel my pre-order.

If it's 60, then no problem, but I just can't support iintentionally hiding pertinent information from consumers. Let alone my aversion to playing games below 60 FPS.

I'll let SteamGAF know asap and I'll also create a video like I always do.

Dr Dogg

I was going to say I ran Revelations really well and in 3D (which really worked well in that).

Yeah. But it seems the -50% is only valid till tomorrow :(

Opps that's a good point. Is it a world wide release on Steam? I know it's releasing for Europe on current consoles and PC at retail this week while NA is getting it next week. Actually checking the US store page it says it's unlocking in 6 days and some hours so is the 50% promo also expiring for them at the same time as well? Anyone from NA want to check that out please?

Though it's always nice when us unwashed Europeans get a release day advantage but simultaneous releases are best for everyone in the digital age

Lomax

Totally locked in a low BTA price for the new humble before I realized it was only a weekly. Oh well, at least had a few +1s in the dollar tier.

Wait, hows this now?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I heard when it was released that if you bought Revelations you also got Serious Sam Classic The First Encounter and Serious Sam Classic The Second Encounter. It's kind of shitty if that's not true, as I think the complete pack is the only way to get the classic versions now.

MayMay

Banned
So, the size of FFXIII on the Steam page (in the requirements) got bumped from 30GB to 60GB.

Ohhh uncompressed CGI cutscene goodness lol. No pre-load means its gonna take me like 10 years to download though.

Supreme Commander Gold for a $1? Hell yeah. I suppose I'll goof around with Summoner as well.

So, the size of FFXIII on the Steam page (in the requirements) got bumped from 30GB to 60GB.

Ohhh uncompressed CGI cutscene goodness lol. No pre-load means its gonna take me like 10 years to download though.

Christ.

Dr Dogg

Oooooor by doubling the size might take into account preloading so you have space to download then unpack, hence twice as much. Wishful thinking mind :\

Chariot

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chariot, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Summoner -- MB-F866B016EC01F550 - Taken by rainking187
Supreme Commander Gold Edition -- MB-2E3139AC07D14648 - Taken by Purkake4
Black Mirror -- MB-BB54F206F5493D02 - Taken by Knurek
Only needed Aquanox.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Toki767, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Toki767, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

FINAL FANTASY XIII -- MB-241DDE737DD7BA81 - Taken by Khronico. 59 entrants total.

t1412714677z1.png

Uzzy

The Uncompressed Goddess is real.

So, anyone up for some Supreme Commander games later?

Shadownet

Banned
How often do AC games go on sale? Planning on picking up 2, Brotherhood and Revelations in the future.

Edit: NVM im a dum dum. It's on sale right now/

Double Edit: Are AC games region free?

Good god. I'm going to have to do some serious cleaning to be able to install that.

MayMay

Banned
The PS3 Version of XIII was already 39GB big (with 32GB being the CGI Cutscenes), so I guess the 30GB HDD requirement wouldnt have made sense in the first place. And it'd make no sense if SE would give us the compressed video files lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom