• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

So, the size of FFXIII on the Steam page (in the requirements) got bumped from 30GB to 60GB.

Ohhh uncompressed CGI cutscene goodness lol. No pre-load means its gonna take me like 10 years to download though.
This is six times the size my first hard drive was. :(

SSPssp

So, the size of FFXIII on the Steam page (in the requirements) got bumped from 30GB to 60GB.

Ohhh uncompressed CGI cutscene goodness lol. No pre-load means its gonna take me like 10 years to download though.

Oh man, this is terrible, its worse than Wolfenstein. Not only will it take 2 days just to download the thing, I don't have enough space! Oh well, I wasn't going to play it soon anyways, Wolfenstein is still sitting at 12 minutes.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, is Divinity Original Sin worth picking up if we only have one or two hours a night to dedicate to playing it?

Hoping it's not a very grindy game so I can play in small spurts if needed.

Definitely. The game is pretty strait forward. If you encounter enemies more than two-three levels above your own characters, it means that you are in a area meant for higher level characters. There will be other areas with lower level enemies that are meant to be explored first. Additionally, the combat is turn based, so you don't have to recall actions at the spur of the the moment.

Getting that 1 TB seems like a necessity for gaming now.

I'm navigating PC gaming with a 120GB main SSD. It is working adequately to the point that I've repeatedly delayed upgrading to a larger one.

Zafir

It's worth getting a bigger hard disk just to avoid the hassle of uninstalling and re-installing games all the time. I used to have to do that, but since then I've gotten 2 3TB hard disks(Long story why I have 2) and now I never have to remove a game again! 286 steam games installed so far, lol.
It's all going to depend on how much they support their cloud service in Japan. That's the reason were even getting this in the first place.
Well, even if that fails. If they see the games selling well on Steam, it might push them to consider releasing more.

From UE4 facebook page: "What do you get when a group of developers who've worked on BioShock, Halo, Guitar Hero and Rock Band come together and build something beautiful with Unreal Engine 4?

Just take a moment and watch this Kickstarter video. "

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/molassesflood/the-flame-in-the-flood

9cb31834253bc992663a5bea595f59bb_large.gif

Mono

My poor, poor 80 GB harddrive. ;^;

Dr Dogg

If only FFXIII had a physical release. I could add it to my awesome crazy haul of physical PC games from just this year alone!!!

I think I've got issues. Although does come in handy with gargantuan in storage size releases and my awful internet connection.

Dascu

OMG Buttoks rises from the ashes like the Phoenix bird.

I am not bothered about the game being 30fps (as I can barely run it at that 800x600 :3) but that's just dumb. IDTech5 sucks.

This QTE is unbeatable:
http://i.imgur.com/csr0CHh.jpg[/IG]
I need to set the game running on 30 fps in order to beat it, and still was hard as hell.
It seems is a known bug :\[/QUOTE]

Huh..I only failed it once, never set the game to 30 fps.

Something definitely felt off about it though.

[spoiler]Died once during the Krauser button-mashing QTE later on[/spoiler]

Ozium

Why does Alien look so good on such minimum requirements?

then we have the evil within which requires 4mb vram for 30fps?

wot

based creative assembly

Anteater

Crazy Buttocks on a Train basically confirms that the PCversion of Evil Within is 30 FPS capped, port was not developed by Tango:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=133318376&postcount=349

I don't care much personally, but some are going to be upset.

fuck I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with light!

not like i'm playing it at 60fps now but sad to hear it'll never be running at a higher framerate in the future if it's frame capped.

Aaron

Why does Alien look so good on such minimum requirements?

then we have the evil within which requires 4mb vram for 30fps?

wot

based creative assembly
Especially strange running on the Rage engine, which looks great with modest hardware.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
On brighter The Evil Within news, the game is out in the wild and some people are playing/streaming it. Game is a solid 30fps on PS3 at least, 15 second load times on PS3, and the people playing it both say and seem to be really enjoying it, saying it's very good, and it's been getting better and better the more they play it.

Vuze

GAF, please enlighten me: who is cboat and why does everybody handle his post as a fact?

I just finished Remember Me after a good 10 hours and liked it quite a bit.
Not sure why ppl were complaining about the combat, I think it's cool you could chain together different effects as you wanted and it didn't feel too bad at all.
Artstyle and music are plain awesome, I think the game benefits from playing through it in multiple sessions to appreciate the gorgeous and detailed locations.
I didn't quite catch up with the story but it had two okay twists so overall I'd really recommend it to everybody who is in for a gorgeous voyage through cyber-punk Paris.

Some pics I took:

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
GAF, please enlighten me: who is cboat and why does everybody handle his post as a fact?

I just finished Remember Me after a good 10 hours and liked it quite a bit.
Not sure why ppl were complaining about the combat, I think it's cool you could chain together different effects as you wanted and it didn't feel too bad at all.
Artstyle and music are plain awesome, I think the game benefits from playing through it in multiple sessions to appreciate the gorgeous and detailed locations.
I didn't quite catch up with the story but it had two okay twists so overall I'd really recommend it to everybody who is in for a gorgeous voyage through cyber-punk Paris.

Some pics I took:

Leaker that has a good track record.

To link it to your review of Remember Me, he was the one who leaked footage of it before it was formally announced.

Deitus

Only ones I am interested. But not super high on my list, so pass I think. Supreme Commander devs are the same as Planetary Annihilation, right?

Sort of. A number of the team making Planetary Annihilation previously worked on Total Annihilation and Supreme Commander. But the creator/designer of TA and SC (Chris Taylor) is not attached to Planetary Annihilation in any way.

On the other hand, what I've seen of the game is heavily inspired by Supreme Commander and Total Annihilation. They are clearly making a game in that style.

Huh, so they got the rights to the title "sth-sth. Annihilation"? Something new learned.

I'm not sure on the whole rights situation with Total Annihilation. Neither the publisher, nor the developer are still in business. It is likely someone owns the IP (and it's probably not the people making Planetary Annihilation), but who knows if they would actively enforce it.

But I think the case could be made that the name doesn't infringe. It's kind of like how the developers of Xenogears went on to make Xenosaga, and later Xenoblade, all under different publishers (and I don't believe they own any of the IPs). I haven't heard any legal issues come up as a result. I guess Demon's Souls to Dark Souls is a similar situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom