• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just randomly received 90% off coupons for Deponia, and The Book of Unwritten Tales. Since I own these, I will happily give the coupons away. Please pm me as I can't keep up with the thread. Also they expire on the 14th.

Just FYI, if you click the little magnifying glass at the top of the thread, type in your username and hit enter, you'll be shown a list of posts wherein you've been quoted/mentioned (ordered by recency), so you can "offer and run" and not have to worry about missing people.

Edit:
I should probably clarify that, for obvious reasons, it's only viable if you have a rather unique username. If your username were "lol" and you searched for that, well, you'd have to wade through a lot of noise. ;) The alternative here is searching for quote=yourusername.

Turfster

Am I the only one who tries to write jokes about the game in the title of PMs to ModBot even though nobody reads them?

I used to try to sweet-talk Modbot.
I was denied, though.

Just FYI, if you click the little magnifying glass at the top of the thread, type in your username and hit enter, you'll be shown a list of posts wherein you've been quoted (ordered by recency), so you can "offer and run" and not have to worry about missing people.

Mind, blown.

There really aren't much, and you'll probably want to wait for a sale

If you could get it below 5 bucks, I'd recommend Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae, it's not really comparable to games you mentioned because it's pretty low budget (it's why I recommend getting for really cheap) but it's really kind of fun, even though it lacked enemy variety, it has some depth and it's fun to master if you're into that kind of games, probably the closest to those games you listed.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/263620

Yeah, I saw that one before, Ill keep my eye on it, thanks.

Killer is dead, Marlow Briggs or Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance maybe?

Killer is dead and MGR are a bit out my budget, But I picked up Marlow briggs:- Heard nothing but good about it. Thanks.

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae seems up your alley and there is a demo on playism you can try before throwing down money. It's like a DMC Bloody Palace The Game.

There is a demo? Yup Im on on that. Thanks.

JaseC

Mind, blown.

I should probably clarify that, for obvious reasons, it's only viable if you have a rather unique username. If your username were "lol" and you searched for that, well, you'd have to wade through a lot of noise. ;) The alternative here is searching for quote=yourusername.

Styx looks pretty cool, it's nice of them to keep the discount going until the 13th to give people a little bit longer to decide. Gonna watch some videos and check out some reviews on it.

Shadownet

Banned
So I'm going to attempt to guess what Costume Quest 2 gameplay is based on what I saw in a video.

Is it a game where you collect costumes and fight monsters in traditional turn based style? And each costume give you different powers?

I'm kinda interested in it but I know almost nothing about it or the first one.

Dr Dogg

Seeing as I'm on review moaning watch I'll just say this, there are no problems with reviews at all but there seems to be a big problem with the way people, ie the readers/viewers , interpret them. If someone has a different opinion and is honest about it that's not a flaw that's just a difference of opinion but if the reader can't quite fathom that then there's an issue. No review should conform to a predefined consensus but they might end up that way if the games themselves and multiple reviews experience the same thing. There might also be polarizing views but it should be for the reader/viewer to decide if they agree or disagree with the sentiments of the review from their own tastes compared to the reviewers.

Knurek brought up John Walker doing another review of an adventure game and that he should stop reviewing them if he doesn't enjoy them but from that you can get a handle on what John Walker likes and doesn't like about that particular type of game. You can compare that to your own experience with past games you have played that he may have given impressions on. We're never going to agree on everything as humans but having the understanding of why someone likes and dislikes things opposed to your own views is just important to painting a picture of what you might get out of something.

I swear these days things need to be spelled out for some people :p

Turfster

Humble Nordic Games 2 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Supreme Commander Gold
  • Aquanox
  • Aquanox 2
  • Black Mirror
  • Summoner
TIER 2: BTA
  • MX vs ATV Reflex
  • Titan Quest Gold
  • Darksiders
  • Red Faction Armageddon
TIER 3: 10$
  • Darksiders II
  • Spellforce 2: Demons of the past
  • Deadfall Adventures

Anteater

Yeah, I saw that one before, Ill keep my eye on it, thanks.

Killer is dead and MGR are a bit out my budget, But I picked up Marlow briggs:- Heard nothing but good about it. Thanks.

There is a demo? Yup Im on on that. Thanks.

if you like sidescrolling games, there're a few more options like Valdis Story and Guacamelee to keep an eye on, they aren't exactly what you're looking for but I think you will probably like them if you like action games in general. Valdis story is an action game with some influence from dmc, and guacamelee is a brawler/platforming game which actually plays well, and there's a bayonetta skin ;)

Rand6

• Supreme Commander Gold
  • Aquanox
  • Aquanox 2
  • Black Mirror
  • Summoner
  • MX vs ATV Reflex
  • Titan Quest Gold
  • Darksiders
  • Red Faction Armageddon
  • Darksiders II
  • Deadfall Adventures

Darksiders1 and 2 are worth it (but who doesn't have them??)

Dr Dogg

Did Deadfall Adventures cost $1,000,000,000 to make or something? It never gets a discount inline with the kind of game it is.

Shadownet

Banned
Disappointed

Herc_is_Disappointed.gif

Please get it while it still has Playfire rewards

ModBot said:
Instructions for PLASTICA-MAN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PLASTICA-MAN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-098BD531E574B73E - Taken by Lone_Prodigy. 6 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Gun Monkeys was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1412706037z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
So I just want to preface this by saying that I do not think this game is very good (although the soundtrack and battle system are fantastic), but I do want to support Square Enix putting more games on Steam, so this is for the Goddess and all that.

can't say no to pretty

Deitus

• Supreme Commander Gold
  • Aquanox
  • Aquanox 2
  • Black Mirror
  • Summoner
  • MX vs ATV Reflex
  • Titan Quest Gold
  • Darksiders
  • Red Faction Armageddon
  • Darksiders II
  • Deadfall Adventures

Supreme Commander for a dollar is a fantastic deal. I'll probably pick that up even though I already own it, just to have a copy on Steam. The Gold version means it comes with the expansion right?

JaseC

Is this safe to buy and activate in the US? I know it's region-locked for Eastern Europe and a couple other places.

Yeah, only Eastern Europe, India and Asia (14 countries) have region-locked retail subs.

Supreme Commander for a dollar is a fantastic deal. I'll probably pick that up even though I already own it, just to have a copy on Steam. The Gold version means it comes with the expansion right?

Yes.

I'm probably in for the $1 tier (since I don't have any of them) but I really wanted MX vs. ATV as I have good memories of playing that.

I already have everything else in the BTA tier, though, so I'll probably have to go without. :(

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game -- MB-9637440458389382 - Taken by iosefe - Taken by Fantastapotamus

Varg

Banned
Are these separate keys for the humble bundle or are they grouped up ? Some games I do not want and would rather give then away

MadGear

• Supreme Commander Gold
  • Aquanox
  • Aquanox 2
  • Black Mirror
  • Summoner
  • MX vs ATV Reflex
  • Titan Quest Gold
  • Darksiders
  • Red Faction Armageddon
  • Darksiders II
  • Deadfall Adventures

God i loved Schleichfahrt and Aquanox to death which is why I'm supper happy that Aquanox 3 is currently in development (but due to my somewhat pessimistic nature when it comes to sequels that are developed by different developers I don't expect it to impress me as much as the old games did). I'm definitely getting the $1 tier games, even though i still have Aquanox 1/2 and Supreme Commander as disc versions :D

However I'm still not sure if I should upgrade to $10 because of Darksiders 2. Deadfall looks okayish but not really hyped to play it and I already own all of the BTA games. So i probably should wait for a better deal on Darksiders 2.

Phawx

Surprisingly, I owned more of the $6 and $10 tier and owned nothing in the $1 tier. That worked out well for me

Benedict

Enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for Benedict:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

AquaNox 2 Revelation -- MB-6E6CD4A901F67058 - Taken by Casimir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom