• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibranium

Banned
Just noticed the banner to announce Canadian dollars for Steam. Gotta love this in the FAQ:

Lol. They probably know that a lot of Canadians are going to jump ship from sales and whatnot, showing the conversion rate is fine, $70 video games is not ok. Thank god for GMG, other trading sites and GAF.

Nobody here wants a weak dollar except for the government and economists.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Time of Fury is coming back (it was pulled earlier in the year after just two months). I e-mailed Wastelands about the possibility of receiving a Steam key if I were to buy it elsewhere and was told to talk to Slitherine. After being informed that the matter would be looked into, I received the following follow-up earlier today:

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your patience while I looked into this. Currently the game is not yet live again on Steam, so keys cannot be redeemed, but once we have launched it you will be able to redeem keys as normal. This will be announced in the forums and on the site, so when you see a news item that says it is on Steam, then you will be able to redeem a key and register the game to Steam as normal.

Kind Regards,

Joe Miller
The Slitherine Group

Milamber

you mean rebirth? i would assume BoI+ Wrath is worth a key

IMO, how about spending that key on something you are definitely planning to play right away? Otherwise, keep it for the upcoming sales where the traders will lower their trade prices to match the sales. I imagine that you will have much more to choose from with a single TF2 key by then.

Miguel81

Just taking my time admiring the beauty.

OrQAc9L.jpg

Deitus

you mean rebirth? i would assume BoI+ Wrath is worth a key

I don't imagine there would be any point in playing the original BoI once Rebirth is out.

Then again, Rebirth is 15 bucks, and 5 bucks off if you have the original, so I guess if you get the original now it's basically free assuming you were going to pick up Rebirth at launch.

Edit: Honestly, the existence of Rebirth is discouraging me from playing more of the original, but I don't plan on buying Rebirth until it goes on sale, so I'll just probably not play it at all for a while. Shame.

iosefe

IMO, how about spending that key on something you are definitely planning to play right away? Otherwise, keep it for the upcoming sales where the traders will lower their trade prices to match the sales. I imagine that you will have much more to choose from with a single TF2 key by then.

good suggestion. i shall wait patiently

maybe i'll open a crate...

Gjerven

I (and probably most other Norwegian steam users) really thought the prices would go up with steam changing to the Norwegian krone.

However most prices have stayed almost the same, and some has dropped. The more expensive the game is, the higher price difference.

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth which was 49.99€, now cost 43€.
7 Days to Die was 22.99€, now cost 21.5€.

It seems prices are more aligned with EU1, than EU2 which Norway is/was a member of.

iosefe

I (and probably most other Norwegian steam users) really thought the prices would go up with steam changing to the Norwegian krone.

However most prices have stayed almost the same, and some has dropped. The more expensive the game is, the higher price difference.

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth which was 49.99€, now cost 43€.
7 Days to Die was 22.99€, now cost 21.5€.

It seems prices are more aligned with EU1, than EU2 which Norway is/was a member of.

any notable price errors? i believe i saw Marvel Super Heroes, but it might have been in a different currency

madjoki

any notable price errors? i believe i saw Marvel Super Heroes, but it might have been in a different currency

There's a lot of 'glitches' on Norwegian store,
but it's display bug rather than actual price glitch. (Price shows correctly on review/confirmation step).

There's a lot of 'glitches' on Norwegian store,
but it's display bug rather than actual price glitch. (Price shows correctly on review/confirmation step).

That was some cold shit they pulled. Got all exited for Batman Origins and Thief at 20kr each, only to have it show up as 200kr at the last possible moment before payment.

But I am generally surprised that the prices are fair compared to their euro equivalent. Wonder if it will last.

I almost posted this on the "Modders re-enable native Oculus Rift" support, but decided not to as changing values is "modding" too, but it's funny how the topic title made it seem like it was some incredible feat when in reality it was just "Rift, on" in one XML file cleverly hidden under DATA.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Well, the time for buying anything directly from the Steam Store is over.

Someone please tell me how much Alien Isolation is right now in USD

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well, the time for buying anything directly from the Steam Store is over.

Someone please tell me how much Alien Isolation is right now in USD

$50 in the store, or a lot less from people that got it for $1 from the AMD code

Cheddahz

Banned
I purged my friends list on Steam, so don't worry, I'm not dead or whatever
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cheddahz, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle -- MB-8ABE6F3644F89C92 - Taken by Coldsun. 5 entrants total.

t1412761359z1.png

DocSeuss

Just 5 more letters until you're a full gold member! Much better than regular "no tag for you" member.

SS2 is the last game of Levine's that I actually enjoyed. Would love a faithful remake with what is capable now.

Wasn't Thief 2 made shortly after?

I purged my friends list on Steam, so don't worry, I'm not dead or whatever

If I was on that list, you're gonna regret it later, since I have Secrent Indie Game Gifting Plans that will come into effect once both of my projects hit Steam. People on my friends list shall be rewarded. >:D

Copons

So, uuuh, I see that Valve is rewarding Norway for whaling and stuff. :'(

Let's involve Greenpeace in this shenanigan in order to finally create the amazing EU3 region with growing East EU countries and crashing South EU ones, where games are all 75% off by default?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom