• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
I purged my friends list on Steam, so don't worry, I'm not dead or whatever
Images-article-2012-09-16-channel-ten-glee-crying.gif

Milamber

So, uuuh, I see that Valve is rewarding Norway for whaling and stuff. :'(

Let's involve Greenpeace in this shenanigan in order to finally create the amazing EU3 region with growing East EU countries and crashing South EU ones, where games are all 75% off by default?

I'll bring the high pressure water cannon.

Ozium

So, uuuh, I see that Valve is rewarding Norway for whaling and stuff. :'(

Let's involve Greenpeace in this shenanigan in order to finally create the amazing EU3 region with growing East EU countries and crashing South EU ones, where games are all 75% off by default?

No thanks, whale meat is fucking delicious..

best red meat I ever ate, I tell you what..

in Shibuya

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm sure I'll re-add people here in a few weeks/months/sales, but I just need to distance myself for a while (no hard feelings or anything)

Copons

I'll bring the high pressure water cannon.

If I were you, I'd bring it to the amazing EU3 region opening party for the bestest wet shirt contest, South EU vs East EU.
At that point, who'd care about fjords anymore. Or Steam.

No thanks, whale meat is fucking delicious..

best red meat I ever ate, I tell you what..

in Shibuya

Yeah but Japan >>>>> Norway. If a Japanese came asking me to kill my cat, I'd be all yes ok, you're the better people, I'm fine with it, make me your slave and pixelate my genitals.
If fantomena asked me to pixelate my genitals, eh I dunno, first thing first I'd ask why.

Shadownet

Banned
Alright, since I'm sure we all got a chance to vote. I've decided to sell 6 copies of Alien Isolation, while keeping 3 to raffle. If you're interested in buying a copy, contact me on GAF/Steam. All proceeds will be use to buy more games to raffle away for SteamGAF. So it's a win/win.

I'll also raffle/ stealth gift away the other games I got based on who got it on their wishlist.

Miguel81

Alright, since I'm sure we all got a chance to vote. I've decided to sell 6 copies of Alien Isolation, while keeping 3 to raffle. If you're interested in buying a copy, contact me on. All proceeds will be use to buy more games to raffle away for SteamGAF. So it's a win/win.

I'll also raffle/ stealth gift away the other games I got based on who got it on their wishlist.

You're a good guy, Shadow. This will make a couple of GAFfers happy(
scared
).

Arthea

we really won't know how GG13 runs until we download and play it ourselves, will we?
not that I expected otherwise, but it would have been nice if someone got and reviewed early copy, at least to know how it runs, I mean.

Arthea

Good game 13?

I'm ecstatic! Somebody got my reference, finally! and to think I thought I play too much of obscure stuff for that.

I know you just guessed, no worries (><)
It's Neptunia reference

Actually, what happened to Neptunia remake coming to PC, no news after initial possibility talk?

Shadow of Mordor is pretty fun guys.

now that you all guys agree that it is worthy game, can someone say how it runs if only 2GB VRAM are available? (><)

catabarez

I'm ecstatic! Somebody got my reference, finally! and to think I thought I play too much of obscure stuff for that.

I know you just guessed, no worries (><)
It's Neptunia reference

Actually, what happened to Neptunia remake coming to PC, no news after initial possibility talk?

now that you all guys agree that it is worthy game, can someone say how it runs if only 2GB VRAM are available? (><)

Runs perfectly fine with 2GB VRAM, just may have to turn down some settings.

we really won't know how GG13 runs until we download and play it ourselves, will we?
not that I expected otherwise, but it would have been nice if someone got and reviewed early copy, at least to know how it runs, I mean.

Gynal Gantasy 13? sounds like a hentai game.

Milamber

Mordor's cutscenes are pre-rendered bull. Even if you got the preorder costume, the cutscenes show him in his original costume.

Shadownet

Banned
Mordor's cutscenes are pre-rendered bull. Even if you got the preorder costume, the cutscenes show him in his original costume.

Yeah that was bugging me too. Talion look so much cooler in a hood. Honestly as much as I love Shadow of Mordor. They haven't really thought out some of the stuff that could put this game over the top.

Dr Dogg

Right just to stop everyone going into blind panic. Available disc space quoted on store pages are never a good indicator of what you're going to download or the final install size. It's just a guideline of what you should have. Granted going from 30 to 60 is a jump but you shouldn't assume it's going to be a oh my gosh 60gigglybytes. Example, Alien Isolation states it needs 35gb on the store page where the download was just over 14 and install size is 24gb. So calm down!

Also I'm going to post a little experiment later so do any of you peeps know of any framerate locked games on Steam that also have a console version. Dark Souls and Dead Rising 3 come to mind off the top of my head but anymore would be brilliant. Cheers in advance.

aku:jiki

Shadow of Mordor is pretty fun guys.
If you prefer your gaming to have no genuine interaction, then sure, I guess it's a blast.

You couldn't tell just from the compression artifacting alone? I feel like you should be banned from this thread for being a disgrace to the master race.

Shadownet

Banned
Right just to stop everyone going into blind panic. Available disc space quoted on store pages are never a good indicator of what you're going to download or the final install size. It's just a guideline of what you should have. Granted going from 30 to 60 is a jump but you shouldn't assume it's going to be a oh my gosh 60gigglybytes. Example, Alien Isolation states it needs 35gb on the store page where the download was just over 14 and install size is 24gb. So calm down!

Dont you dare tell me to calm down! Dogg has been brainwashed by Squeenix! trying to put his voodoo on us! Telling us not to worry! the 60GBs is going to hit us like a bomb!
*conspiracy theory*
I really hope you're right though. otherwise it might take me a month to download the game. I will have to spread it out.

Arthea

Did the PS3 version have English and Japanese VA on one disc? Maybe they added all the different language VA to all versions due to complaints? Just spit balling.

I thought we aren't getting Japanese VA. You think SE changed their stance on this?
I can't say I really remember, I usually play with English VA, but I think Japanese wasn't available on PS3 too.

Dont you dare tell me to calm down! Dogg has been brainwashed by Squeenix! trying to put his voodoo on us! Telling us not to worry! the 60GBs is going to hit us like a bomb!
*conspiracy theory*

you know... that's very plausible theory

Doggie, kindly answer me this:
Have you prayed to the Goddess today?

Milamber

You couldn't tell just from the compression artifacting alone? I feel like you should be banned from this thread for being a disgrace to the master race.

What? The moment it played in the beginning I realized it was pre-rendered. I was just hoping that the next ones would cut to in-game as he would have some scene having him get a costume change or something. But noooo, jump to immediate resurrection in new costume and scene back to his old one throughout the damned game.

Echoplx

Also I'm going to post a little experiment later so do any of you peeps know of any framerate locked games on Steam that also have a console version. Dark Souls and Dead Rising 3 come to mind off the top of my head but anymore would be brilliant. Cheers in advance.

The problem is if it is actually that large because of cutscenes, the download compression Steam does will be nearly completely useless, video files just don't compress well at all.

Loot at MGR:R for example.

Deques

I thought we aren't getting Japanese VA. You think SE changed their stance on this?
I can't say I really remember, I usually play with English VA, but I think Japanese wasn't available on PS3 too.

It says that Japanese VA is available in here. It's FF13 you are talking about, right?
umW45Su.png

Arthea

It says that Japanese VA is available in here. It's FF13 you are talking about, right?
http://i.imgur.com/umW45Su.png[/IMG[/QUOTE]

ya, but it's a lie! because in press release it was said that we aren't getting Japanese VA, only Asia is getting it, or something like that.

Milamber

We're gonna give you exclusive preorder shit! But we're not gonna implement it well at all!

EDIT: I may have come off as a little harsh, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom