• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
I listened to jshackles and started watching Snowpiercer. He's right.. this movie is pretty screwed up. But it's good so far.. I think.. Some crazy shits..

Edit: Okay nevermind, it just got crazier.. this movie.. it's hitting me so hard.

Deques

ya, but it's a lie! because in press release it was said that we aren't getting Japanese VA, only Asia is getting it, or something like that.

It's a lie?! :(

Well, it's only one day left before release. I hope that it will include everything

KainXVIII

It says that Japanese VA is available in here. It's FF13 you are talking about, right?
umW45Su.png

Steam page clearly says that we get only english audio dub.

Внимание:
The following languages are available for this title:
Audio: English
Text: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Cheddahz, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cheddahz, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle -- MB-8ABE6F3644F89C92 - Taken by Coldsun. 5 entrants total.

t1412761359z1.png

Dr Dogg

The problem is if it is actually that large because of cutscenes, the download compression Steam does will be nearly completely useless, video files just don't compress well at all.

Loot at MGR:R for example.

Really I wouldn't assume anything until it's known for certain what is what regards to being downloaded. We've had folks saying cutscenes are uncompressed, dual audio, encrypted files for locked territories. Fact of the matter is until anyone has the ability to download it and see what the size is no one knows.

Ozium

JaseC, how is Styx?

Better or worse than AC Revelaitions?

Really I wouldn't assume anything until it's known for certain what is what regards to being downloaded. We've had folks saying cutscenes are uncompressed, dual audio, encrypted files for locked territories. Fact of the matter is until anyone has the ability to download it and see what the size is no one knows.

Sounds like a new controversy, someone should make a thread. Dr. Dogg® Approved.

Vuze

sigh, Shadow of Mordor is so much fun but the constant crashes are really ruining it... just been in a fight with three captains and bleep, game freezes and the process makes my whole OS operate at like 3fps until it is force-closed :(

Arthea

We need a sacrificial lamb. Someone to download those 60GB, run it and tell us everything.
Who is willing?

no

sigh, Shadow of Mordor is so much fun but the constant crashes are really ruining it... just been in a fight with three captains and bleep, game freezes and the process makes my whole OS operate at like 3fps until it is force-closed :(

on second thought... may be I won't be buying it.
Is it wide spread problem?

Ozium

We need a sacrificial lamb. Someone to download those 60GB, run it and tell us everything.
Who is willing?

I'll do it if u buy it for me hyuk hyuk

aayyyyyyy lmao

I'll do it for science
as long as someone gives it to me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sounds like the shadow of Mordor was cast over your operating system ayyyyyyy lmao ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC, how is Styx?

Better or worse than AC Revelaitions?

I'm only a few hours into it (I didn't realise until just moments before I stopped playing that you can manually save, so I restarted a few checkpoints unnecessarily, plus I'm waiting for somebody to bestow upon me some wisdom vis-a-vis the last collectable in the second level as I don't think you can backtrack between levels), but I would currently say it's pretty

qKuFHZU.jpg

Once you grow accustomed to the controls, which are a little quirky, it's great to play, but I have to echo the complaints regarding the hand-to-hand combat system -- it's truly dreadful. There need to be a better visual indicator as to when you should strike, although the point is moot if you're one for ghost runs, anyway*. The actual stealth component, on the other hand, is quite solid, even at the early stages of the game where your toolset is limited. I definitely agree with the more positive reviews that say it's one of the better stealth-focused games in recent years. Styx is first game since... probably CS:GO that I've pre-purchased just to play it ASAP (Ubi's games always come with some sort of incentive these days) and I definitely don't regret the decision.

* Naturally, you're forced into a fight during the first level.

Skyzard

Banned
I'm only a few hours into it (I didn't realise until just moments before I stopped playing that you can manually save, so I restarted a few checkpoints unnecessarily, plus I'm waiting for somebody to bestow upon me some wisdom vis-a-vis the last collectable in the second level as I don't think you can backtrack between levels), but I would currently say it's pretty

qKuFHZU.jpg

Once you grow accustomed to the controls, which are a little quirky, it's great to play, but I have to echo the complaints regarding the hand-to-hand combat system -- it's truly dreadful. There need to be a better visual indicator as to when you should strike, although the point is moot if you're one for ghost runs, anyway*. The actual stealth component, on the other hand, is quite solid, even at the early stages of the game where your toolset is limited. I definitely agree with the more positive reviews that say it's one of the better stealth-focused games in recent years.

* Naturally, you're forced into a fight during the first level.

Not sure if this is what you meant but you can replay missions as you like from the hub world - I don't think you can change the difficulty that easy [you can actually, in the game settings at the pause menu]

The combat is brutal and I don't mind that too much, it's more like a fighting chance sort of thing. There are a few upgrades you can get to make it easier from what I saw too. I only found out about the quick save recently too, spent ages repeating sections! Really enjoying it myself though.

Ozium

So the stealth is good in Styx, something that Ass Crud keeps getting worse at.. (first was da best) but how are the collectibles?

Skyzard

Banned
I'm having enough trouble on normal difficulty!

I like the way they did collectibles in this. Basic stuff scattered around huge map. A secret/harder to find item in each mission if you want (also displays the ones you find in your hub like a trophy) and secondary objectives that sometimes include finding things or people as well.

And the map isn't modern with positional tracking...it gives you clues about what's what and you need to figure out where you are and where you want to go, like the old days - and of course the collectibles aren't shown.

--You can actually change difficulty at any time from the pause menu, nice and easy.

JaseC

So this came across my desk, figuratively speaking. Should be handy for those that want to keep track of the different regional prices using Enhanced Steam.

QuNkXps.png

Is there any particular reason why ES seems to be using the sub id to determine pricing as opposed to the app id?

JaseC

So the stealth is good in Styx, something that Ass Crud keeps getting worse at.. (first was da best) but how are the collectibles?

There's only a single type, but judging from one of the gameplay videos Focus uploaded, the per-zone figure increases later into the game.

Pandemic

Quick question, I'm tempted to buy pre-order Ryse: Son of Rome but was wondering. If I were to wait till it's released, will the price increase?

I think I've seen it occur before?

JaseC

Quick question, I'm tempted to buy pre-order Ryse: Son of Rome but was wondering. If I were to wait till it's released, will the price increase?

The price won't increase (there's no pre-purchase discount) but you'll miss out on the soundtrack DLC if that matters at all.

Deques

The price won't increase (there's no pre-purchase discount) but you'll miss out on the soundtrack DLC if that matters at all.

The price increase would be the additional cost for the soundtrack if will be available after release

Arthea

I calculated roughly (with max speeds steam used to give me), it would take me 3-4 hours to download FF13 (assuming download is 60GB), but as steam dl speed is nowhere near stable now and almost never max or what it used to be, it's close to 6 hours, or so. yeahno, not willing to dl until I know it's a good port.

I wonder. I'm completely fine with no crashes at all. Latest drivers and everything.

oh, my 2GB brethren has no problems, good.

I'll do it for science
as long as someone gives it to me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'll do it if u buy it for me hyuk hyuk

steamgaf living up to its name.
it's $10 guys! $10! (><)

Okay this is odd. I have a copy of Fable Anniversary in my items which I'm pretty sure I didn't buy for myself, so it might be an unclaimed gift. Did anyone win a raffle for it and not collect it for some reason? Or am I just drinking way too much again?

Deques

Okay this is odd. I have a copy of Fable Anniversary in my items which I'm pretty sure I didn't buy for myself, so it might be an unclaimed gift. Did anyone win a raffle for it and not collect it for some reason? Or am I just drinking way too much again?

If there is no one who wants to claim I can take it XD

If you did give it to someone, there will be to whom it was sent to on the gift item

Shadownet

Banned
Lol I didn't even know what game you were talking about until after I posted. I don't think I care enough about FF13 to use 60gb or HDD space on it.

Funny thing is a while ago FFXIII for PS3 was like $5 at GameStop. I was like "ehhh its not worth $5"

Yet the moment it came out on Steam, I immediately spent $8 on it. What's wrong with me.

Arthea

Funny thing is a while ago FFXIII for PS3 was like $5 at GameStop. I was like "ehhh its not worth $5"

Yet the moment it came out on Steam, I immediately spent $8 on it. What's wrong with me.

you sound perfectly normal to me.
For example I rebought AssCreed on gog! and I don't even like it, it bores me to tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom