• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hitting 3 different monitor sizes and types is the path to ruin.

I didnt think of that. both monitors are 24" 1080p but the TV is...not. 42? 50? I think its 42 i cant remember. Its also 1080p tho.

Can't be worse than having 2 or more of the same monitor that aren't quite the same color temperature. My friend has a setup like that and seeing it drives me nuts.

my 2 monitors would drive you insane then

Milamber

Can't be worse than having 2 or more of the same monitor that aren't quite the same color temperature. My friend has a setup like that and seeing it drives me nuts.

Ooh yeah, that is definitely worse. Same for me getting a batch of the same monitors for the office and somehow 3 of them on first startup have completely different levels as default. Goddammit LG.

I didnt think of that. both monitors are 24" 1080p but the TV is...not. 42? 50? I think its 42 i cant remember. Its also 1080p tho.
Do what I do and use the TV for big picture mode stuff or movies and use the monitors for everything else.

my 2 monitors would drive you insane then

Ooh yeah, that is definitely worse. Same for me getting a batch of the same monitors for the office and somehow 3 of them on first startup have completely different levels as default. Goddammit LG.
It's part of the reason I'm afraid to buy another monitor.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my new monitor stand by light blinking instead of changing color when I turn off my computer still drives me nuts, and I still wonder if its broken >_>

when its on it works fine and it kills my old one quality wise :/

Corpekata

Banned
-MD-'s opinion on PC videogames is moot, he doesnt mind 30fps in games. He is basically human garbage and should be mocked. and beaten. Beaten with 120hz monitors and GTX titans.

Really gonna just assault the living shit out of that dead horse ain't ya?

Miguel81

-MD-'s opinion on PC videogames is moot, he doesnt mind 30fps in games. He is basically human garbage and should be mocked. and beaten. Beaten with 120hz monitors and GTX titans.

I can't blame long-time PC gamers for having issues with 30fps. Even I am having difficulty playing RE4 at 30 due to the last couple of years of at or near 60. I will be getting TEW, though, because suffering is what horror games are all about.

Milamber

From what I learned with most Euro-Jank style games is that they attempt to use their own systems to play their game instead of using the same style as most popular games out there. They don't always succeed but I tend to forgive them due to their situation. It's not like they are a huge corporation with millions in marketing/programmers/testing.

Also this game coming out right after Mordor doesn't really help.

Skyzard

Banned

I like your friends review style, subbed.

His main complaint has been my complaint - falling from ledges. Seems a bit inconsistent so far but I'm determined to find out how to do it properly without fail. I think it's something to do with the speed you're walking off has to be slow. And don't correct the direction with the analogue stick, let it do it by itself.

Otherwise it seems like he was rather impressed by the design and gameplay.

I don't agree that it should be super easy to platform like in AC and much prefer the way styx is doing it. But ledge detection seems too unfair or perhaps the controls for it need better explaining with how many people seem to be annoyed by it.

This was the thread I read about it too:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/242640/discussions/0/613938575178908035/?tscn=1412742350

Rhaknar

I can't blame long-time PC gamers for having issues with 30fps. Even I am having difficulty playing RE4 at 30 due to the last couple of years of at or near 60. I will be getting TEW, though, because suffering is what horror games are all about.

isnt RE4 60 tho? and I was mostly kidding anyway, I dont blame PC gamers for having issues with 30fps. I do think saying 30fps is "unplayable" and that you cant have a good experience at 30fps (basically writting off 90% off all console games, many of them most of us would consider some of the best games ever) completely fucked. Fucked in a way that is completely their right, but still fucked.

that and Im bored at work, so Im sorry. Anyway, any way to have 2 different wallpapers on the 2 screens? As much as I like my carol wallpaper, I could use with some variety

is that place better? i've noticed not much goes for one key, even stuff that was on price error such as LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Happens on GAF too. More than one heated discussion has been had over it, too... That said, I haven't used dispenser so I can't really comment on that. I mostly use Steamtrades or buy off of GAFers.

is that place better? i've noticed not much goes for one key, even stuff that was on price error such as LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Price varies from trader to trader, look around before you buy anything. The good thing about dispenser is its all automatic, you don't have to wait for traders to come back to you.

Miguel81

isnt RE4 60 tho? and I was mostly kidding anyway, I dont blame PC gamers for having issues with 30fps. I do think saying 30fps is "unplayable" and that you cant have a good experience at 30fps (basically writting off 90% off all console games, many of them most of us would consider some of the best games ever) completely fucked. Fucked in a way that is completely their right, but still fucked.

that and Im bored at work, so Im sorry. Anyway, any way to have 2 different wallpapers on the 2 screens? As much as I like my carol wallpaper, I could use with some variety

I actually forced 30 frames on RE4 so that I could possibly ease myself into TEW. It's harder with behind-the-back games that have a lot of left/right motion. My eyeballs take a serious hit, which translates to nausea.

-MD-

He actually sounded like the really liked the game, like the first 4 1/2 minutes of that video is praise, he said he disliked the textures and platforming and couldn't recommend it because of that.

Ledges can be a bit tricky sometimes and I did fall a couple times, this guy obviously has played a lot more of the game than I have but I haven't been frustrated by the platforming, I really appreciated letting me jump where I wanted to jump and not just hold forward on an analog stick like these pseudo stealth AAA games do.

I'll have to play more to really have a solid opinion on it, the 3 hours I played I had no special takedowns so I couldn't kill from ledges or while hanging and stuff like that. I don't think he even talked about the combat in the game unless I missed it? That's the weakest part of the game imo but as I said before I think it's designed to punish you when you get caught, it's not really something to ding the game over.

Keep in mind it can be bought for 24 bucks

lol

zkylon

zkylewd
watching the gb quicklook of that alien game it looks pretty rad

but i'll never understand who makes first person 3d games without a jump button

From what I learned with most Euro-Jank style games is that they attempt to use their own systems to play their game instead of using the same style as most popular games out there. They don't always succeed but I tend to forgive them due to their situation. It's not like they are a huge corporation with millions in marketing/programmers/testing.

Also this game coming out right after Mordor doesn't really help.

so it's euro jank?

tbh i was kind of turned off by the goblin thing

i don't lie kgoblins

I like your friends review style, subbed.

His main complaint has been my complaint - falling from ledges. Seems a bit inconsistent so far but I'm determined to find out how to do it properly without fail. I think it's something to do with the speed you're walking off has to be slow. And don't correct the direction with the analogue stick, let it do it by itself.

Otherwise it seems like he was rather impressed by the design and gameplay.

I don't agree that it should be super easy to platform like in AC and much prefer the way styx is doing it. But ledge detection seems too unfair or perhaps the controls for it need better explaining with how many people seem to be annoyed by it.

This was the thread I read about it too:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/242640/discussions/0/613938575178908035/?tscn=1412742350
yea he's got a pretty chill and humble down to earth style that's pretty enjoyable

i don't always agree but it's hard to get mad at him heh

madjoki

Dispenser is 100% automated, you get trading offer and just need to accept.
Makes it too easy to do trading. Should be banned.

iosefe

Price varies from trader to trader, look around before you buy anything. The good thing about dispenser is its all automatic, you don't have to wait for traders to come back to you.

thats helpful. if only the icons and images would actually load though.

Rhaknar

so it's euro jank?

its from the guys that made Of Orcs and Men and Game of Thrones (and Mars War Log? wait thats Spider) so yes :)

I love me some good euro jank tho, and even tho OOAM was incredibly disapointing, the goblin was the best part of it so im curious about it

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I actually forced 30 frames on RE4 so that I could possibly ease myself into TEW. It's harder with behind-the-back games that have a lot of left/right motion. My eyeballs take a serious hit, which translates to nausea.

Actually I read that 30 FPS wasn't implemented properly into RE4 UHD and causes some weird inconsistencies so you might be taking nausea from that.

Miguel81

Actually I read that 30 FPS wasn't implemented properly into RE4 UHD and causes some weird inconsistencies so you might be taking nausea from that.

Interesting. I'll be looking into that, as it does seem like a rather odd motion in the game. Like a delayed surreal-type feeling.

Milamber

Define bulk.

Set of 5, 10, 15, 20, etc. Depends on seller. You can get individually but then the Paypal tax would be higher.

EDIT: Speaking of Euro Jank, ETS2 is coming along nicely. Can't wait for American Truck Simulator. I want it on Early Access dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom