• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deepo

Steam switched to Norwegian Kroner as currency last night for me. That's usually very bad news, as the conversion is normally €49.99 = 499 NOK, which is far from the truth and much more expensive in NOK.

Imagine my surprise when I now realize that most games are about 15% cheaper in NOK than they were in Euro.

Will it last? I doubt it. But if it does, I'm a happy camper.

Shadownet

Banned
[/QUOTE]
You know that I know that we all know, the moment Final Fantasy XV come out on Steam. JaseC will be the first to get it, and then 30-50 people on our friends list will pay more than $5 to get it. Heck I know I would pay full price for it.

[quote="Faabulous, post: 133405646"]Same with me bro. I didn't even blink.[/QUOTE]
The moment I redeemed it, I asked myself "what have I done. It wasn't even that good!"

@Arthea.
Wait you bought the original AssCreed? No wonder you were bored. The original game is pretty much a tech demo to me. You play it for the gameplay for a couple hours. Cause the story and everything else range from bad to mediocre. AC 2 is where AssCreed started to shine in every departments. IMO.

Arthea

damn it, I was beaten so badly and so many times... but as I made it instead of working, will post anyway
iDkB4q9PWmQre.gif

gog doesn't make any sense to me

you are weird

on second thought... may be I won't be buying it.
Is it wide spread problem?
I havent played much of it but I didnt have any problems. My bro has put like 10 hours in and he also hasnt had any problems as well. (I got a gtx650ti and he has some amd7000 card, I cant be bothered to remember those 4 digits)

Arthea

BTW Jasec, do you now that gog has only little above 800 games, you could easily 100% it!
I'm not even close, actually
bundles skyrocket steam game count real fast

edited:
thanks all, SoM runs good for most people, got it.

But what about XII? Surely that's worth at least 6 bucks.
nope!

Dr Dogg

Considering AssCreed gets shat on from a great height by all and sundry (apart the indoctrinated fans like myself of course) I'm going to take impressions on the gameplay and the world with a pinch of salt until it's out. PC performance on the other hand is what has got my worming about in my seat, fingers crossed, chanting 'please be good, please be good, please be good'.

Edit: Also my Sleepy Dawgs Definitely, Maybe Edition has shipped!!!

Okay this is odd. I have a copy of Fable Anniversary in my items which I'm pretty sure I didn't buy for myself, so it might be an unclaimed gift. Did anyone win a raffle for it and not collect it for some reason? Or am I just drinking way too much again?

You know you're in too deep when you're forgetting how stuff is in you inventory and can't remember if it was a gift for someone of not. That of have more important things going on than Steamy stuff.

They went for English accents? Seriously? What a joke.

I think the real response should be sacrebleu!

Milamber

Can't you just change voices to French with English subtitles like in Brotherhood?

EDIT: My question was answered there. I'm an idiot.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
BTW Jasec, do you now that gog has only little above 800 games, you could easily 100% it!
I'm not even close, actually
bundles skyrocket steam game count real fast

edited:
thanks all, SoM runs good for most people, got it.

nope!

I can't remember the last time I bought a game on GOG (excluding free titles).

Dr Dogg

I recon for $20 - $25,000 you could snag every last one of Uplay's 700+ titles. Origin would probably be easier pickings with around 450+ items (not all games mind) for less, maybe $15,000 tops.

Just think in a parallel dimension JaseD and JaseE are already kings of the Uplay and Origin castles.

Jawmuncher

I recon for $20 - $25,000 you could snag every last one of Uplay's 700+ titles. Origin would probably be easier pickings with around 450+ items (not all games mind) for less, maybe $15,000 tops.

Just think in a parallel dimension JaseD and JaseE are already kings of the Uplay and Origin castles.

In those Dimensions Uplay and Origin are the superior DD services though.

Arthea

steam related
I really have worst luck possible, I avoided Jack Keane for years, just got it as a mutator, gog, why you do this to me?
why steam related? I have Jack Keane2 on steam (><)

JaseCreed (steam)
JaseDoh (origin)
JaseEek (uplay)?
JaseFantastic (gog)?

I'll see myself out now (><)

fantomena

Quick example.

Alien Isolation: 340 NOK in store, was 49,99&#8364; which is 409 NOK.

Same thing seems to be for every 49,99&#8364; game. I simply spare about 70 NOK which is about 8,5&#8364;.

Thanks, Gabe.

Milamber

Then why do Russians get everything cheapest anyway :<

I recently bought 2 full Adidas track jacket, pants and shoes and that cost me a pretty penny. I can't imagine how much it would cost for a full weeks worth in itself. They rich son.

EDIT: I should clarify there were several Russian guys in Adidas store also buying them like they are free when I was there.

It's because Gaben needed a way of keeping Communism at bay. Pirating MP3 is downloading communism, and pirating games is the same. So Gaben gave them better prices and now they buy their games.

Dr Dogg

Accounting for the imbalance of oligarch's probably.

Let's be honest there will never be a way that's perceived to be 'fair' for everyone due to various regional economic factors. Where $60 may have become the norm Stateside that's still too much for some countries. So when those countries get prices either equivalent to their economic situation or as an incentive to purchase legitimate copies then some of those paying $60 see it as unfair. Which is even more bizarre as Europeans are paying 1:1 $ to &#8364; and even worse for Australians (I'm sure some African and Asian territories as well). Just go with what you think a game and your time with it is worth.

Milamber

I for one can't wait for Steam pricing to hit UAE. Price for a brand new PC game over here is usually 169 AED (46 USD) but the only problem is that this is such a console centric country. The PC section hardly ever gets physical copies unless it is massively marketed along with the console versions. So I am still forced to paying full 60 USD for new releases online.

EDIT: Heck, they even sell these cards here so we might be getting it soon...

Arthea

Accounting for the imbalance of oligarch's probably.

Let's be honest there will never be a way that's perceived to be 'fair' for everyone due to various regional economic factors. Where $60 may have become the norm Stateside that's still too much for some countries. So when those countries get prices either equivalent to their economic situation or as an inventive to purchase legitimate copies then some of those paying $60 see it as unfair. Which is even more bizarre as Europeans are paying 1:1 $ to &#8364; and even worse for Australians (I'm sure some African and Asian territories as well). Just go with what you think a game and your time with it is worth.

but it's not even about fairness at this point, it's about swindling. I don't get how it can be legally viable to use &#8364; conversion rates that almost everybody uses, that makes 0 sense as it has nothing to do with what conversion rates really are. It's like you go to a local grocery store, get robbed on entering and leaving and everybody thinks it's a normal way to do things!

Sendou

In case it's not obvious, the average income in Russia is way lower than in other industry nations.
That and because Valve wants to tackle the high piracy rates there.

Yeah I get that. I was just wondering why they took the opposite direction with Norway but what Dr Dogg said is probably it.

bjaelke

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bjaelke, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Supreme Commander Gold Edition -- MB-E2BA1F2D3A4773C7 - Taken by Annubis. 1 entrants total.
Titan Quest Gold -- MB-274D5BC8169DD01B - Taken by ScreamingTrees. 2 entrants total.
AquaNox 2: Revelation -- MB-1DB92B94D8E78477 - Taken by 73V3N. 1 entrants total.
Black Mirror -- MB-553D07407F1A872C - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
MX vs ATV Reflex -- MB-36C95321C6E0499B - Taken by Alien8. 2 entrants total.
Red Faction: Armageddon -- MB-2D87539EEBEE2966 - Taken by Divius. 1 entrants total.
Darksiders -- MB-F6E467BA7B5411DB - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
AquaNox -- MB-6994BFBC488234AC
SpellForce 2 -- MB-5EC9B58CF7D20C27 - Taken by Knurek. 4 entrants total.

t1412769280z1.png

Dr Dogg

but it's not even about fairness at this point, it's about swindling. I don't get how it can be legally viable to use &#8364; conversion rates that almost everybody uses, that makes 0 sense. It's like you go to a local grocery store, get robbed on entering and leaving and everybody thinks it's a normal way to do things!

We used to a while back get a break down on what tax we paid but that stopped in about 2011. Seeing as Valve are registered in Luxembourg the VAT rate for software is 15% I think. So take a $60 it would be $69 with tax. Now using some hokey maths $69 = &#8364;55 so even with tax it's not really 1:1. That's all going to change in Jan next year for EU Member States though when tax will be based on the rate of the purchasing country not the invoicing one. I wonder if Valve will absorb the extra cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom