• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel81

If you guys are looking for some incredible lighting effects, and to take countless screenshots give Alien a go. I think I wore out my F12 key. Disregard if you completely hate the horror genre, as the creepy atmosphere is extremely thick.

Dr Dogg

Great here's another game I'm going to start up before I've finished what I'm currently playing. I'm going on a no new games strike next year
will probably last a week before caving in

15290923508_c95cb960c4_o.png

Still as Stall said Alien Isolation supports 2.35:1 out the box (well desktop aspect ratio set right first) and if you're very lucky and the camera stops flipping moving aliasing can but cut down dependent on scenery (for pics at least).

This Steamlessness page for checking which playfire awards you can get didnt update lately, did it?
The last update for me was from 2nd October.

Edit: And did the other steam pages like badges page, market transactions etc. finally got a blue background yesterday?

I recon for $20 - $25,000 you could snag every last one of Uplay's 700+ titles. Origin would probably be easier pickings with around 450+ items (not all games mind) for less, maybe $15,000 tops.

Just think in a parallel dimension JaseD and JaseE are already kings of the Uplay and Origin castles.

Makes me wonder what happened with JaseA an....

JaseA and JaseB timelines disappeared after the Great Desura War and the explosion of the GameSpy Arcade popularity.

....dammit

If you guys are looking for some incredible lighting effects, and to take countless screenshots give Alien a go. I think I wore out my F12 key. Disregard if you completely hate the horror genre, as the creepy atmosphere is extremely thick.

Completely agreed. The game is really something to look at. The textures of the underside of tables plus the lockers are really fantastic.

I played Crew Expendable to tool around in the Nostromo a bit. Got to the part where I had to "lead the Alien through a maze of airducts" with no light source". Fuck you guys. NOPE.gif

...when can I preload FF13?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Funny thing is a while ago FFXIII for PS3 was like $5 at GameStop. I was like "ehhh its not worth $5"

Yet the moment it came out on Steam, I immediately spent $8 on it. What's wrong with me.
I get you. I don't like the franchise and yet I bought the game for $10.

FloatOn

Uf, two chapters more to finish RE4. Man, this game is LONG.
And there are Assignment Ada and Separate Ways too :(

nothing to be sad about m8

one of the best games ever and it keeps on giving. I'm going to pick up the uber hd edition when it gets a decent enough sale. I'm due for a replay.

Dr Dogg

Makes me wonder what happened with JaseA an....

....dammit

Well I was thinking some contrived story akin to the Jet Li film The One. Where all the multiple Jase variants are being assimilated by a megalomaniac Jase, JaseC. After a fight to the death he absorbs the other Jase into him and his game count increases. Statham will be in here later on to explain it and whiter on about the multiverse or something.

Completely agreed. The game is really something to look at. The textures of the underside of tables plus the lockers are really fantastic.

I played Crew Expendable to tool around in the Nostromo a bit. Got to the part where I had to "lead the Alien through a maze of airducts" with no light source". Fuck you guys. NOPE.gif

If I was a texture artist tasked with doing the underside of tables I wouldn't be able to resist myself putting some chewing gum there or some graffiti like 'Carly loves Chris'

...when can I preload FF13?

About a day and 4 hours.

Uf, two chapters more to finish RE4. Man, this game is LONG.
And there are Assignment Ada and Separate Ways too :(

You could skip Assignment Ada and just play Separate Ways if you like. Separate Ways tells the story of Ada's perspective while AA is just some sort of minigame which is non-canon anyway.

I found RE4 had the ideal lenght. The changes in locations, from the village to the castle and then to the island is what makes it seem so long. First time I played through the game I thought the game would end in the castle but hey look at that: another location. I'm always plesently surprised when a game continues while you were thinking it just about to end.

kiyomi

Great here's another game I'm going to start up before I've finished what I'm currently playing. I'm going on a no new games strike next year
will probably last a week before caving in
One does not simply mix spoilers and quotes.

Dr Dogg

One does not simply mix spoilers and quotes.

Bah! Spoiler tags are abused to death anyways.

Those extra frames suck all the scary out of RE4 :p

To be fair it gets flipping scary when the framerate dips and the game slows down just as a pick axe is flying straight towards Leon's head.

you take that back

Well seeing as I have a part in their downfall I'm an accessory to murder

Even clicking the play button takes courage, man fuck this.
I can just force AA with driver right?

oipic

Does it show what I unlocked already? To me it seems it shows all that I am eligble for, but I already unlocked all for Canyon Crapers.

Yep, once you sign in through Steam (if it'll let you - it's currently down it seems, at least for me). It indicates which achievements have been unlocked already, which you are still eligible for, and also those that you unlocked outside of the Playfire reward window.

Megasoum

Banned
Hey guys, a bit of an OT question but since this is pretty much the PC gaming thread...

Anybody heard anything about Far Cry 4 being bundled with NVIDIA cards like many Ubi are?

I want to buy the game but 70$CAD on steam sucks... It's like 48$USD for the Gold edition (99$CAD on Steam) on Indian Origin but buying stuff with my CC from Indian Origin makes me nervous a bit.

Arthea

oh hi there

so, greenlight now officially lives on valve time for how long? 2 months?

edited: funny fact, yesterday there were 1173 greenlit games, today ... 1172. Are we ungreenlitting games now too?

oh hi there

edited: funny fact, yesterday there were 1173 greenlit games, today ... 1172. Are we ungreenlitting games now too?

Maybe they didnt want to release it anymore on Steam or canceled it.

Just wonder whats the influx of all those Otome games are. Not that its bad, but somehow I wish that some All-Ages versions of other VNs would be released on Steam.

Arthea

http://i.minus.com/juJNhTcevBBjR.png[/IMG

:([/QUOTE]

sorry for your loss, on the bright side you can now buy FF13 and will have some money left for Xmas. ;)

[quote="Kiru, post: 133418306"]In case you don't visit GAF outside of the Steam Thread:
[URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=908657"]RUMOUR: GTAV will be a 50gb download - Largest PS4 / XONE Game Yet.[/URL]

noice[/QUOTE]
not really, because [SPOILER]70€ [/SPOILER]

I won't buy FFXIII after I saw Spoony's review and the rage of my friends. I wait until I win a raffle or they make some 75% sale.
Smart man. I mean personally I wouldnt buy it at all but yea that game is trash. Don't let these people fool you, they're just buying it in hope that square will also port over ff16

Dr Dogg

Well this is some semi Steam related new for those thinking about building a Steam Machine.

Lian Li have a new set of slim enclosure coming out (PC 04 05 & 06) which are either M-ITX, M-ATX & ATX respectively. The real neat thing about them, unlike their other slim enclosure, the PC-Q series, these are wall mountable, are open on both sides for air flow and have a full window. Also they have a reverse PCIe riser card in them so you're not looking at the back of the PCB of your GPU. The only time I've seen one that wasn't a twisted cable was on the Valve Steam Machines. So for the nerdy amongst us could be a nice show piece that takes up next to no space.

-MD-

How do you even find the relics in Styx? Specifically the one in level 2 (incinerator), I already finished the level I just wanna know how you go about finding them.

Edit: Apparently you can whistle...

derExperte

BTW my fellow Norwegians:

Wasteland 2 Digital Deluxe is currently 54.99 NOK on Steam.

Go to the checkout and see the price jumping up.

hold on a second, does it mean price mistakes won't work anymore, or is it just Norwegian thingie?

Norway has a bunch of those fake price mistakes, I don't know why it's like this but it seems to be a totally different issue than your usual misprice.

Miguel81

Even clicking the play button takes courage, man fuck this.
I can just force AA with driver right?

Haven't tried, but I can say that the in-game AA options don't do much to alleviate jaggies. It's still quite a looker with just FXAA, though, mostly because it's a dark game and the lighting is gorgeous.

Arthea

If I want hours of tedious boredom with pretty looking things I go listen to a guide at an art museum.

Oh, I had a pretty girl once I couldn't resist. I can now.

harsh!
also more importantly both would cost you more than $10 (><)

Knurek

Smart man. I mean personally I wouldnt buy it at all but yea that game is trash. Don't let these people fool you, they're just buying it in hope that square will also port over ff16

It's a better game than Dragon Age 2, and that one got 94/100 in PC gamer.
You should really expect a string of 10/10 reviews once the game hits PC centric websites.
Actually, they can pretty much just reuse the DA2 review tagline:
"Final Fantasy XIII

The best RPG combat ever. Not gaming&#8217;s best story, but maybe its best storytelling. Darker, sexier, better."

dani_dc

oh hi there

Could have been taking down due to copyright issues or some other issue.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Anybody want any of the following vouchers?

66% off Dieselstormers
90% off The Book of Unwritten Tales (x2)
25% off Heavy Bullets
90% off Electronic Super Joy: Groove City

Just let me know.

Annubis

I won't buy FFXIII after I saw Spoony's review and the rage of my friends. I wait until I win a raffle or they make some 75% sale.

Yeah, that's about what I'm thinking too.
It's even worst when people tell me that auto-battle does a fine job for most of the game...

Celegus

Has anyone else played Defense Grid 2 yet? I'm about 10 levels in and it is certainly more defense grid, but that's a-ok with me. The difficulty on hard is perfect for the first time through. I'm a little confused about the tower items though, and if there's any significance to the little icon and number next to them when you're selecting your loadout.

Please add me (steam id: rallykupo) if you are playing, so that I have some people to compare to on the leaderboards! Sadly it looks like there must be some kind of hack/glitch that has already ruined the overall leaderboards.

Arthea

Yeah, that's about what I'm thinking too.
It's even worst when people tell me that auto-battle does a fine job for most of the game...

if you don't bother with ranks of your battles, it does, not for most bosses, but regular enemies. otoh why wouldn't you care about how well you did in a battle?!

Milamber

I loved Spoony's review about FF games. For example, I think all the bad things he says about FF8 are true, and still I love that game so much.
On FFXIII, is not the same. I know all the points in his review are right, but the game is so bad I can't even play it...and I played ALL FF titles until FFXIII came out. Then, I hated every single FF they released.
So you're saying they should return to FF9 style gameplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom