• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

header.jpg

Just beat this. To get it out of the way, yes this was miles better than korra. So if you didn't like that game you should be able to enjoy this. If you liked korra well you'll obviously enjoy this as well. Plays like a mix of Bayonetta and MGR (When you buy the parry skill), though a bit dumbed down from those two I felt. However i'm not a pro character action game player, so i don't go into systems on harder difficulty and such. This is all just talking about playing through the game on normal. With that said the game is pretty short, playing on normal ended up being about 4 hours for me. So unless you're a big Transformers and/or platinum fan and can see yourself replaying the game multiple times for achievements, or doing the challenge rooms. I would say 20 and under would be the sweet spot for those just looking to play through it in a afternoon. With all of that said I am quite glad the budget here was higher then their last affair with activision. While you can still see that there's a budget, it doesn't stick out as much this time around. Overall it's easily the best transformers game I have played.

header.jpg

Just beat this. To get it out of the way, yes this was miles better than korra. So if you didn't like that game you should be able to enjoy this. If you liked korra well you'll obviously enjoy this as well. Plays like a mix of Bayonetta and MGR (When you buy the parry skill), though a bit dumbed down from those two I felt. However i'm not a pro character action game player, so i don't go into systems on harder difficulty and such. This is all just talking about playing through the game on normal. With that said the game is pretty short, playing on normal ended up being about 4 hours for me. So unless you're a big Transformers and/or platinum fan and can see yourself replaying the game multiple times for achievements, or doing the challenge rooms. I would say 20 and under would be the sweet spot for those just looking to play through it in a afternoon. With all of that said I am quite glad the budget here was higher then their last affair with activision. While you can still see that there's a budget, it doesn't stick out as much this time around. Overall it's easily the best transformers game I have played.

you just got the game last night tho.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
you just got the game last night tho.

The game is super short, as Jaw said. I was able to beat it by renting the PS4 version from Redbox and was able to return it the next morning. The game is short but has quite a bit of replayability in that there are 5 different playable Autobots you can take through the campaign's three different difficulty levels. There are also a lot of collectibles and things, most of which I completely missed. It's a great game, but a little light on story.

Lomax

Has anyone played Runestone Keeper? It's in a $5 bundlestars bundle, but... $5 seems a bit steep and i don't want any of the other games. curious to hear opinions on the game if anyone has tried it.

Thanks! Checking out both now.... microtransactions noted for marvel, thanks for that heads up too.

Also... huniepop. not sure what I'm looking at.

HuniePop actually has really great match-3 mechanics, surprisingly enough. Puzzle Kingdoms is also a decent puzzle quest clone though I'd only pay bundle level prices for it. And Clash of Heroes is a great great great game if it wasn't mentioned already.

Hektor

Forgot that i had them:
ModBot said:
Instructions for Hektor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Deponia -- MB-E3606010448915B8 - Taken by autoduelist
Gone Home -- MB-95CE5A20C6C8E624 - Taken by Mr. Doop
Chaos on Deponia -- MB-B885626DF1E7916C - Taken by Megauap

MUnited83

For you.
Platinum games have to be played several times to be fully apreciatted. Playing it once is like playing through only the tutorial.

Jawmuncher

Platinum games have to be played several times to be fully apreciatted. Playing it once is like playing through only the tutorial.

I've said before a good game can be enjoyed with just one play through. I enjoyed Transformers playing it just once so i'm happy with what I got. I don't really agree that I need to play on extreme mode to get the most enjoyment out of it.

I'm generally and one and done kind of gamer. Bayo 2 i bought full price cause it was 2 for 1, MGR i spent full price for on PC since i think it was like $15 or something if you pre purchased and lastly Korra I got during the glorious russian prices.
Buy 5 copies and I might consider it.

well shit, if thats the case I'm better off buying 5 copies of Disgaea 5 and giving them away (you receiving the first copy of course)

Tizoc

The game is super short, as Jaw said. I was able to beat it by renting the PS4 version from Redbox and was able to return it the next morning. The game is short but has quite a bit of replayability in that there are 5 different playable Autobots you can take through the campaign's three different difficulty levels. There are also a lot of collectibles and things, most of which I completely missed. It's a great game, but a little light on story.

Yup, for me it took 2 sittings to beat it on Normal. Now my Hard playthrough is twice the length mainly due tos tronger enemies and because I'm looking for collectables :p
Also gives me an excuse to post this awesome gif (not by me)
dpptnj.gif

Dodging and countering like a pro~

I'm generally and one and done kind of gamer. Bayo 2 i bought full price cause it was 2 for 1, MGR i spent full price for on PC since i think it was like $15 or something if you pre purchased and lastly Korra I got during the glorious russian prices.

well shit, if thats the case I'm better off buying 5 copies of Disgaea 5 and giving them away (you receiving the first copy of course)

Hook me up with a copy bruv.

zkylon

zkylewd
I look forward to your play through commentary from your screenshot feed
gonna be a stream of spoiler tagged pictures tho

i really wish we got more screenshot space, going through old pictures and deleting them is super tiresome

header.jpg

thanks for the writeup

i'm not a crazy fan but nostalgia from seeing the old designs really got to me, but yeah, i don't plan on replaying this over and over and asking price way too much for what i'm interested in paying right now what with so many good things coming up soonish

will wait until it's cheap den

Dr Dogg

gonna be a stream of spoiler tagged pictures tho

i really wish we got more screenshot space, going through old pictures and deleting them is super tiresome

Steam desperately needs to 1) give Cloud space per game for screenshots 2) allow you to uploaded the png copies or the jpg ones. Other than that do something like they do with videos where they allow you to link to your vids on YouTube but allow you to link to a reputable photosharing/arching site. Never gonna happen :(

Arthea

The hell valve? I left a game downloading and went to have a dinner, getting back I find it "scheduled" with barely 1GB downloaded ... in an hour, steam could have downloaded half of my library in that time, not one game. OK maybe not half, but still
*rage*

Maybe. I do like RPGs and VNs. Just apparently not what you do.

As for DmC, it wasn't nearly as bad as it should've been considering NT developed it. That Capcom handholding with the combat went a long way... didn't help the character designs or the story overall though.

I don't consider DmC a true DMC game, but I'd be very interested to replay the DE version of it with all of the changes that move it more into the DMC mold. However, Capcom apparently has no interest in publishing a version of this on Steam/PC so I've been waiting for it to hit $15 or less used on PS4.

you just hate RPGs and VNs, time to admit it, especially good ones.

I kinda agree with you on DmC, that it's not DMC, but an OK game all things considering, Donte still sucks, tho.

MUnited83

For you.
I've said before a good game can be enjoyed with just one play through. I enjoyed Transformers playing it just once so i'm happy with what I got. I don't really agree that I need to play on extreme mode to get the most enjoyment out of it.

I'd say that depends on the game. In the case of Platinum's games, you're basically skipping over a lot if you only do one playthrough.

Hektor

In case anyone was still wondering about the transmorphacons from amazon and doesnt believe the twitter account that jaw asked, they just send me the key for the dlc with the instruction to activate it on Steam:

zkylon

zkylewd
Steam desperately needs to 1) give Cloud space per game for screenshots 2) allow you to uploaded the png copies or the jpg ones. Other than that do something like they do with videos where they allow you to link to your vids on YouTube but allow you to link to a reputable photosharing/arching site. Never gonna happen :(
yea all of that sounds awesome. i think also improving the way you can go through your screenshots, online or off, is important cos deleting old uploaded screens is hell

i like taking a lot of screenshots cos the way i go through games is i play them for a while and after shutting them down i like looking back on stuff that i did and screenshots are great for not forgetting stuff

is there a way to turn up the controller sensitivity in Life is Strange? i don't like the dragging thing with the mouse to interact with shit but the controller sensitivity is so damn slow

And I would use the disc to skate over my room with a disc copy of Fallout 4

:'(

Steam needs a complete rework tbh

Dr Dogg

Danger Origin talk

What's the score with Fifa 16 on PC this year? It's cheap as chips on GMG VIP at the mo (well for a newly released EA game). Couple of my mates have got it on PS4 and say it's pretty good upgrade over 15, especially FUT.

The hell valve? I left a game downloading and went to have a dinner, getting back I find it "scheduled" with barely 1GB downloaded ... in an hour, steam could have downloaded half of my library in that time, not one game. OK maybe not half, but still
*rage*.

Yeah was being a little stop start for me with The Witcher III patch that I've just left it to sort itself out and fingers crossed it's done when the footy has finish.

Arthea

That's not the case, many games are made in such a way that you see very small part of it playing once. It's like enjoying prologue, not saying you can't enjoy it, but it doesn't count as beating a game too. Seeing more of a game you can enjoy it less or more, it depends, but still.
Not saying that applies to Transformers, as I haven't played it yet.

Ruruja

Danger Origin talk

What's the score with Fifa 16 on PC this year? It's cheap as chips on GMG VIP at the mo (well for a newly released EA game). Couple of my mates have got it on PS4 and say it's pretty good upgrade over 15, especially FUT.

Well it's the same as PS4/XBO versions which is always a big plus over PES. As for gameplay; passing's nicer, you have to be a bit more accurate (even on assisted I hear, which is good) as interceptions are a lot more likely otherwise.

They changed LB from close dribble to shimmying the body without touching the ball, which is useless and frustrating as you'll keep pressing LB to do a tight turn and your guy will do a random jink and you'll lose the ball.

I find shooting to be pissweak and quite shit compared to previous years though, but like I said the fact it's not a piss in the face to PC fans like PES is, means I'll buy it over that regardless (unless it was truly awful).

Arthea

Danger Origin talk

Yeah was being a little stop start for me with The Witcher III patch that I've just left it to sort itself out and fingers crossed it's done when the footy has finish.
It's cheap like right now? *goes to check*

Unless you plan to watch footy for a week, that's not gonna happen.
... or you finally are off dialup?

Kaleinc

Banned
Watched Laura SF5 trailer: green, electricity. Blanka? fml, at the end legit blanka ultra 1. And why is every special end with a grab?

Arthea

since when cheap chips are 40€?
damn rich people and their stupid spending habits

edited: OTOH some CoDs are discounted more than 50%? Is the world about to end or something?

This is looking a bit disappointing.

I'm looking for more of Mafia and Mafia 2, not the typical hyper-action-comical-explosion-fest of the usual third person action game

you forgot open world

dex3108

I'm looking for more of Mafia and Mafia 2, not the typical hyper-action-comical-explosion-fest of the usual third person action game

I am ok with their idea form Mafia 3 but gameplay is really disappointing. Explosions everywhere, jumping from speeding car without damage, handling seams arcady (i hope that there will be simulation mode like in Mafia 2(.

I'd imagine Mafia would do well to drop a lot of the gamey things about it and focus a bit more on immersion. But as long as they have radars, third person view, and persistent on screen UI, having tickets doesn't mean anything to me.

tuxfool

Banned

I remember all sorts of people whining that Mafia wasn't GTA enough to be interesting to them.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
2K want to have another GTA franchise that they develop while rockstar takes their time(5-6 years) to release the next numbered GTA so I guess that's what mafia became.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom