• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

2K want to have another GTA franchise that they develop while rockstar takes their time(5-6 years) to release the next GTA so I guess that's what mafia became.

Worst thing is that even in GTA you get hurt when you jump out of car and cars don't explode on every impact.

Has anyone played Runestone Keeper? It's in a $5 bundlestars bundle, but... $5 seems a bit steep and i don't want any of the other games. curious to hear opinions on the game if anyone has tried it.

Thanks! Checking out both now.... microtransactions noted for marvel, thanks for that heads up too.

Also... huniepop. not sure what I'm looking at.
I'm looking for some good match3 too. Iron cast is on my wishlist, I Have to say that the puzzle mechanics in huniepop are good, I liked it

Uzzy

Watched Laura SF5 trailer: green, electricity. Blanka? fml, at the end legit blanka ultra 1. And why is every special end with a grab?

Her outfit is inspired by the Brazilian Flag, because she's Brazilian. Her electricity is there for the same reason.

I'm also amused at the World Cup appearing on the Brazil stage. Last time I checked, Germany owned Brazil's footballing soul.

Nzyme32

but people want more explosions.

I remember all sorts of people whining that Mafia wasn't GTA enough to be interesting to them.

Screw those guys! The Mafia games have been great because they were so narrative driven, focused on the characters and a fair bit more realism than every other Hollywood-ised mess of a game. Admittedly where Mafia games have suffered before has been a taxi like approach of "jobs". By the looks of it at least, they are compromising what Mafia was to appeal to that crowd that want a regurgitated shit of a game, when really all they needed to change was the kinds of activities you are doing and a little bit more freedom to go out and do what you want or other things rather than the story. I hope they don't go too far down that path

Dr Dogg

yea all of that sounds awesome. i think also improving the way you can go through your screenshots, online or off, is important cos deleting old uploaded screens is hell

i like taking a lot of screenshots cos the way i go through games is i play them for a while and after shutting them down i like looking back on stuff that i did and screenshots are great for not forgetting stuff

It's a shame really as you'd think they'd want to give users more power over presenting the products they have on their own store front. I've had folks comment on some of my screens saying they bought it because.

Steam needs a complete rework tbh

If only they hired someone who genuinely cares. Don't know who that might be.

Well it's the same as PS4/XBO versions which is always a big plus over PES. As for gameplay; passing's nicer, you have to be a bit more accurate (even on assisted I hear, which is good) as interceptions are a lot more likely otherwise.

They changed LB from close dribble to shimmying the body without touching the ball, which is useless and frustrating as you'll keep pressing LB to do a tight turn and your guy will do a random jink and you'll lose the ball.

I find shooting to be pissweak and quite shit compared to previous years though, but like I said the fact it's not a piss in the face to PC fans like PES is, means I'll buy it over that regardless (unless it was truly awful).

To late I bought already but thanks for the write up.

It's cheap like right now? *goes to check*

Unless you plan to watch footy for a week, that's not gonna happen.
... or you finally are off dialup?

It's getting there. Maybe for the weekend but slowly, slowly...

Her outfit is inspired by the Brazilian Flag, because she's Brazilian. Her electricity is there for the same reason.

I'm also amused at the World Cup appearing on the Brazil stage. Last time I checked, Germany owned Brazil's footballing soul.

cryingbrazilianfaninsillyhat.gif

Anyone know how to move Hitman Blood Money window? It is all the way to the upper left of the screen and the header is off screen.

Win key + cursor key up or right might do the trick

Caerith

I'd imagine Mafia would do well to drop a lot of the gamey things about it and focus a bit more on immersion. But as long as they have radars, third person view, and persistent on screen UI, having tickets doesn't mean anything to me.

Radar, third person, and persistent UI don't break immersion for me. I consider them a trade off for the fact that I'm not really there and it's still just a video game.

Cars bursting into flames from a minor impact (that doesn't event dent them) and then exploding seconds later? Ugh.

Jawmuncher

For me the only games where I see multiple playthroughs are worthwhile is something like Nier.
I personally don't get anything out of having more gameplay options in a character action game. Oh in bayonetta now I can play the first half of the game with all the weapons, no thanks.
To each their own however.

Buraindo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Buraindo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Paperbound -- MB-87ECD2F1CD7B9A17 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Town of Salem -- MB-C22CDC67E825E49F - Taken by TheLight. 1 entrants total.
Chargeshot -- MB-484DFC6C0DC1384B - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.

t1444418400z1.png

Videogames.

Teggy

If I played Tales of Zestiria first would it ruin all other Tales games for me (being less fun to play and also story-wise)? I have a whole bunch that I haven't played (Symphonia 1+2, Graces, Hearts, and Xillia).

Locust

In case anyone was still wondering about the transmorphacons from amazon and doesnt believe the twitter account that jaw asked, they just send me the key for the dlc with the instruction to activate it on Steam:

They didn't ship the game yet though, right?

Arthea

If I played Tales of Zestiria first would it ruin all other Tales games for me (being less fun to play and also story-wise)? I have a whole bunch that I haven't played (Symphonia 1+2, Graces, Hearts, and Xillia).

No it wouldn't, most of them aren't related, except for those that have sequels, like Symphonia 1-2 or Destiny 1-2 or Xillia 1-2.

edited: ToG has a card game that can't be played without knowing all series, though

dot

Nah, i don't think so.

Just play it in any order.

Annubis

The older ones are the best ones, so you'd just make them even better =P

is there a way to see all the soundtracks i own Steam?

right now, if I click on Library - Music, it will only show the soundtracks for games that I have installed.

Notch wasn't only person that profited from Minecraft XD

Minecraft streamer buys $4.5 million mansion

Can't knock the hustle.

Dude makes some solid content. Used to watch his stuff regularly.

That's weird. When I do that it shows all of the soundtracks I've purchased.

Huh. It shows me a handful of my tracks from ITunes, a handful of scattered albums (Fitz the Fox) and a bunch of gibberish that doesn't seem to be sorted.

I loaded up Kanye's "Welcome to Heartbreak" in Steam.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-3BBCA7FEBD03644E - Taken by Mixed2k

Actually, it doesn't show all of the soundtracks that I've bought (Armikrog is missing, as an example) but a lot of them are listed. None of the ones listed are installed though.

Huh. It shows me a handful of my tracks from ITunes, a handful of scattered albums (Fitz the Fox) and a bunch of gibberish that doesn't seem to be sorted.

I loaded up Kanye's "Welcome to Heartbreak" in Steam.

Yeah, it's really unorganized for me also. A lot of generic "soundtrack" listings while others have the name mentioned.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
RPG Maker MV purchased - check
Basic storyboard complete - check
Characters created and design mockups complete - check
Weapons/armor/accessories created - check
Graphic designer working on putting everything together - check

This should be fun

This should be fun
Make sure to document your progress and either post here or in the indie dev thread. Should be really interesting to follow this. Good luck of course.

This should be fun

Now, if only you had some experience with an attention to detail-based project that had a literal shit ton of users...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam
Clicker
Adventure

Ha actually I have two games in the pipeline at the moment but both are in the early stages. This RPG I'm working on as well as a Clicker game based on Idle Master.

Since the RPG game requires more graphically I've secured the talents of a dedicated artist that will be working on making it pretty while I do the code-stuffs. The clicker game requires significantly less work, and is being made with Game Maker.

Also, we have an indie dev thread?

Radar, third person, and persistent UI don't break immersion for me. I consider them a trade off for the fact that I'm not really there and it's still just a video game.

Cars bursting into flames from a minor impact (that doesn't event dent them) and then exploding seconds later? Ugh.

I don't see immersion as something that you have or you have "broken" it. Nor do I think it is about hiding the fact that you're playing a video game, that would be silly.

It's about having access to information that you shouldn't have, that dumbs down the game in a meaningful way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom