• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

The budget for Revelations 2 was less than what I spent on lunch. I enjoyed it and money isn't everything that makes a game enjoyable but it's missing the extra bit of sheen you usually find with a top tier Resi game.

Shadow Complex

I swear during the Bloodstained Kickstarter Stream they mentioned that Shadow Complex was finally getting a PC version...

Edit: I'm not crazy after all (yet)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=163574131&postcount=2046

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=163583068&postcount=2237

Infinite Undiscovery

This on the other hand can die painfully in a fire.

FloatOn

Revelations 1 was good except for that end boss. Truly terrible.

As for 360 games lost in limbo: I desperately want that coop Castlevania game on steam. And Bomberman Live (or Ultra).

edit - just thought of some more I used to frequent:

snoopy flying ace
Third Strike
Street Fighter 2 HD
Puzzle Fighter 2 HD

why would capcom NOT port these?

If this can be AAA
oqNmVa9.jpg

resi can be too.

Resident Evil mainline is AAA. But I think the Revelations games are a side B game. I'm not saying they're bad, I liked them both but I don't think they can be considered AAA. Also lol AC.

fertygo

Yes, you will but only when you activate it. Pre-order copies will give the bonus regardless of when you activate it, even if it's long after it comes out.
Nice!
I know, I meant like Steamtrades, reddit, BST thread, etc.

Doesn't seem to matter though if it's locked to his area.

Yeah found the trader on steamtrades, so I actually use their "currency" instead money for transaction lol

GaussTek

Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Shadow Complex, Infinite Undiscovery, and Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise are the games I'm truly sad to see stuck on that console.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise. You know, I think there's a higher chance of getting those ported on PC first than real Xbox 360 BC on PC lol.

Revelations 1 was good except for that end boss. Truly terrible.

the story also stopped making sense after a while. they were doing twists on twists and then what was supposed to be wasnt and i dont fucking know what's happening but this solar panel water city is like extra fucked right now

Resident Evil mainline is AAA. But I think the Revelations games are a side B game. I'm not saying they're bad, I liked them both but I don't think they can be considered AAA. Also lol AC.

REV1 was a AAA portable game, though.

Parsnip

I swear during the Bloodstained Kickstarter Steam they mentioned that Shadow Complex was finally getting a PC version...
Not as directly as that, but yes they did indeed imply that they were working on getting it out of an obsolete platform, I forget what the wording on that was exactly.

Given that the 360 BC came after that, it makes me wonder if that was all there was to that comment.

header.jpg

You know how it works:

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Buraindo
3 - Se7enSword
4 - Lolcomin
5 - corrosivefrost
6 -

Maybe...

* - Maniac
* - Black Soma
* - Kiru

Murricans and Asians are welcome too.

t1444417200z0.png

Some people hating on CDPR in the patch thread, these people...who else supports a single player game months after release like them? Not to say TW3 wasn't even broken at launch!

Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Shadow Complex, Infinite Undiscovery, and Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise are the games I'm truly sad to see stuck on that console.

More like: Dishwasher: Dead Samurai, Dishwasher: Vampire Smile, Charlie Murder, Radiant Silvergun, Guardian Heroes, etc.

Apparently, James Silva says Vampire Smile is still coming to PC, but they're tied up with Salt & Sanctuary at the moment, so god only knows when/if they'll go back to the project. I bug him about it occasionally on twitter and he says it's still kicking, so there's that, I guess...

tuxfool

Banned
Some people hating on CDPR in the patch thread, these people...who else supports a single player game months after release like them? Not to say TW3 wasn't even broken at launch!

They're not entirely wrong. There were performance issues on consoles and some buggy quests. I had just about 0 issues on PC, but some of these things are annoying. That said most other developers would just have called it a day quite a while ago.

Haunted

If this can be AAA
oqNmVa9.jpg

resi can be too.
I know you're probably joking, but bugs don't exclude games from being AAA. :p

AAA is all about development and marketing budget. Revelations 2 was obviously a fairly low-key, low-budget game.

pahamrick

They're not entirely wrong. There were performance issues on consoles and some buggy quests. I had just about 0 issues on PC, but some of these things are annoying. That said most other developers would just have called it a day quite a while ago.

At least CDPR didn't release an update that caused the game to immediately crash to desktop whenever you used a certain ability then take a month to patch it (Dragon Age: Inquisition).

Tizoc

GMG got a bigass sale going on, includes (all prices are after using discount code)
Deadly Premonition for under $2
Ducktales for under $6
Lost Planet 3 for under $7

To name a few.
Odd name for their sale though, but I'm not that much of a troller to use it :p

Salsa

liking Mad Max. think half of it is cause of how it runs like butter

camera control is atrocious tho, wtf? super slow and there's some weird acceleration to it

tuxfool

Banned
At least CDPR didn't release an update that caused the game to immediately crash to desktop whenever you used a certain ability then take a month to patch it (Dragon Age: Inquisition).

I had no issues with DA:I either, but yeah, they were pretty slow with the patches. And when those arrived it broke things.

AFAIK they never ended up fixing the tactical view so that it worked properly with a mouse, instead of shitty console controls.

is it mainly console peoples? I jumped back in a couple weeks ago and noticed a few bugs here and there that werent there before but nothing game breaking or anything

camera control is atrocious tho, wtf? super slow and there's some weird acceleration to it

yah the slow mo during fights can get annoying when you come out of it and get a combo broken because you didnt see the guy or have time to react

pahamrick

But they lied, there is no separate button for HUD toggle :(
Really? I haven't checked out the game yet. Put it down, debating on waiting for both expansions to be out before I pick it back up.

I had no issues with DA:I either, but yeah, they were pretty slow with the patches. And when those arrived it broke things.

AFAIK they never ended up fixing the tactical view so that it worked properly with a mouse, instead of shitty console controls.

Really Patch 10 was the only time I started having trouble with the game. I couldn't figure out why it would instantly crash to desktop as soon as I got into combat, then come to find out an ability was now bugged.

Taking a month to fix something like that is kinda ridiculous.

Do you like war boys off-scream punching you from the back?
is it mainly console peoples? I jumped back in a couple weeks ago and noticed a few bugs here and there that werent there before but nothing game breaking or anything
Those were not framerate related complaints, just people going "lazy dev" after reading the patch note. It's all very bizarre.

dex3108

Really? I haven't checked out the game yet. Put it down, debating on waiting for both expansions to be out before I pick it back up.

I can't find it anywhere. There is no option in Key Binding options, or in HUD options. I don't know where it could be if it isn't there.

Knurek

Funny thing, I've been playing Witcher 3 without GOG Galaxy, but lo and behold, I fired up the client to download the 1.10 patch and it has been keeping track of my achivements so far.
Either it scans game saves or it has a TSR/service running all the time. Not sure which is worst. :\

Dr Dogg

Not as directly as that, but yes they did indeed imply that they were working on getting it out of an obsolete platform, I forget what the wording on that was exactly.

Given that the 360 BC came after that, it makes me wonder if that was all there was to that comment.

Don't kill my hopes and dreams :(

We cross-reference their Steam profiles and publicly shame them. Then we shame the ones who actually paid money for that shit and make off like Notch.

With considerably less money. Instead of snorting coke off a $1,000 hookers buttcrack whilst swigging Cristal for the bottle in some trendy Manhattan club, best we could hope for is hoofing glue from a carrier bag next to a cat lady whilst drinking a 4 pack of Special Brew in some grotty alleyway. I doubt Notch did either of those though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom