• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

What if its plastic surgery beauty? Still truth or a white lie? Also if its a white lie why it gotta be white?

Because it's just barely noticeable. ;)

------

Starting the Walking Dead today. I figure since I've added to my backlog, time to start chipping away again. I have low expectations going in already because of the way "choices" are set up in all these Telltale games. That, and I never watched the show and have zero ties to it like I did GoT.

I was playing it and it reminded me of destiny in the sense where I wouldn't label the game "fun" but for some reason I couldn't stop playing it. Like I would rather player games that i actually like but for some reason I cant. deleted the beta that way I would stop wasting my time on it since like i said, didn't like the game but couldn't stop playing it. Maybe it was cause i was playing with my friends.

theres a new UT? wat?

Yea, you can play it right now for free. It's not finished yet but looking good.

https://www.unrealtournament.com/#splash

Tenrius

I kinda wish SOMA didn't have these stealth/escape sections, they feel clunky and unnecessary. I want to get back to the cool sci-fi story, not to be bludgeoned to death by a random robot.

Parsnip

Well, I think I finished MGS5.
I kind of liked the ending. A lot of people seemed very mad about something, I guess I need to look up what exactly was the big deal. I sort of half guessed the twist a long time ago and the more I played the more obvious it was.

By the twist I mean The Truth.
I also saw the Quiet Exit and the Paz arc.

I still have a bunch of extreme and such missions left to do, and a few sideops as well. Unless there's something else that happens when you complete everything, I might be done with the game.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I kind of liked the ending. A lot of people seemed very mad about something, I guess I need to look up what exactly was the big deal. I sort of half guessed the twist a long time ago and the more I played the more obvious it was.

I still have a bunch of extreme and such missions left to do, and a few sideops as well. Unless there's something else that happens when you complete everything, I might be done with the game.

There's nothing more to see, just
listening to the Truth tapes.

Jawmuncher

CQ7Cwo0WIAAh6gH.jpg:large

confirmed to be related to sean (bottom left)

I actually didn't finish that 2nd arc yet. i got the items, just haven't went to seen the scenes yet.

also Im with you on liking the ending, did you see mission 51? i know it was cut but after watching that mission it made me like the game a lot more(yes i know its cut content but at least we know how it was SUPPOSED to end)

also i called that twist before the game even came out lol :p well about 3/4s of it.
I knew it wouldn't be snake but I didn't predict the real big boss being part of this plan

Salsa

Good times.

crazy that it was like 2 years ago already?

someone posted something on drunk gaf from 2012 today and it made me realize how long ago ive been here. was already pretty established by that time

the irl test comes when I visit the US next year. im supposed to have lots of "friends" there now who are gonna take me out / etc ya bunch of dweebs

fertygo

Well, shit.. seem I can't buy Zestiria afterall, very wary of my spending.. sucks.

I just getting Shymponia separately later I guess

yuraya

Watch the cut content on youtube.
There is also another nuclear disarmament ending on top of the 51 stuff.
But yea the ending was fine. Kojima doesn't deserve the hate he is getting. People are just butthurt and way too invested with all the konami stuff.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
But yea the ending was fine. Kojima doesn't deserve the hate he is getting. People are just butthurt and way too invested with all the konami stuff.

My issue wasn't with the ending, but more the plot threads that felt like incomplete thoughts and the story-heavy expectations all of the advertising led many on with. There's a lot about the game that feels incomplete or aimless, most complaints I've seen have been nothing but valid for one reason or another. It's a game that plays fun, but for such a story rich franchise, it left me extremely disappointed at what I was given.

Don't worry, battlefront is actually really fun.

Doubt it'll get affordable anytime soon since famous franchise, so I'm trying to have all the fun during the beta. #peasantplayer

Actually, I am now very interested in Battlefield 4. Two years old. Should drop to 5-10 bucks soon
I hope

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Miller is without a doubt the best acted character in mgs5, huey being the 2nd, but fuck that piece of garbage

Yeah, those two nailed it. Huey's so good at playing the victim card it hurts. I enjoyed Kiefer Snake the few times he spoke for longer than a few seconds, though I know he's still pretty divisive.

read this as millamber and didnt even doubt it

"You feel it too, don't you?"
"Milleramber, cool it a bit, would ya?"
*tongue waggle*

Parsnip

My biggest issue with MGS5 is its pacing.
MGS games have kind of never been great at it because Kojima is nuts and would have always needed an editor, but MGS5 is actually better in that sense because the story bits are much more restrained. Hard to say if that's just Kojima being better at actually telling a story or did he actually get an editor who isn't afraid to reign in Kojima's bullshit. :p

But then the game structure breaks the pacing even more.

Also pretty much everything about the vocal cord parasite stuff is awful.

There's nothing more to see, just
listening to the Truth tapes.
Did that.
Is there a handy list somewhere of cut content, or is it just one video or something?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Well, shit.. seem I can't buy Zestiria afterall, very wary of my spending.. sucks.

I just getting Shymponia separately later I guess

If I win the lottery I'll pull an Oprah and gift everyone here a copy.
Don't even have money for that lol.

yuraya

Quiet is the best character in MGSV. Her
love story with Venom is best thing about the game.

Is there a handy list somewhere of cut content, or is it just one video or something?

Just mission 51 which came with the the ps4 collectors edition. You might as well watch
nuclear disarmament ending because despite it being in the game..the only way to unlock it is if everyone on your FOB server disarms their nukes. Which is never gonna happen so you might as well as watch it online.

All the other stuff is just speculation.

I am going to pull the trigger on the overclocked ASUS 980ti in a week it seems.

My current SLI setup got retired a few weeks back becuase of fan failures and the working card is close behind. I actually had to jump start the fan with my finger on boot. Quality fans you got there MSI.

I also have to put in a new CMOS battery which means I got to pull out the whole board as I got some shielding that is screwed in on the back of the motherboard. And I have another baby 45mm fan I need to install in there as well.

Will do all that shit at once hopefully.

Anastasia

Doubt it'll get affordable anytime soon since famous franchise, so I'm trying to have all the fun during the beta. #peasantplayer

Actually, I am now very interested in Battlefield 4. Two years old. Should drop to 5-10 bucks soon
I hope

BF4 is really good, especially after the nine billion patches that have come out for it. I can't count the number of hours I've put into that game. But it's very different from Battlefront. I'm loving the Battlefront beta. So much that I pre-ordered the deluxe edition. As someone who played a ton of Battlefront II, it's like a modernized version of that, but not an exact copy. I love how simple and easy it is to jump into. I can just have fun playing it. BF4 is a lot more focused on gunz and serious military shit
and things like placing C4 in front of elevator doors and then waiting for someone to use the elevator so you can blow them up
. :p

Salsa

shitty part:

- dont care about those graphics on MP shooter

- will run like crap cause its all about graphix on MP shooter

dont wanna be a hypocrite tho cause im all about games advancing and usin every resource

ExoSoul

Banned
shitty part:

- dont care about those graphics on MP shooter

- will run like crap cause its all about graphix on MP shooter

dont wanna be a hypocrite tho cause im all about games advancing and usin every resource

Ran it on ultra on a GTX 860 with no problems, I could even downsample it from 200% at 1080 with no interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom