• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

aw350

Banned
wtf happened at this post

y7UhPCF.png

Welcome to Unicode (that's an international standard for encoding / representing text data, the string that you see seems to contain control sequences which direct text flow).

Knurek

I use Panda and it's updated. I think is something related to Firefox, not a virus.

Umh, I see this "ruined" too.

İ̠̃̑̊͢'̣̤̩̫͂̉ͧ̈ͮ̇̾ͬ̀͟ͅm̗̘̳̼̎ͤ ̺ͨ̇̍̐ͥ̀̎̈n͔͔̭͚̬͕̉̒͑̆͛́̀̄ͅo̴͕̖͕͓̿̋ͬ͡t̢͈̖͎͙͔̊ͧ͘ͅ ̡̲̪͉̖̰̮̙̘ͩ͌̍͜s̥̬̣̠̭̓ͫ͆̍̅ṳ̸͖͍̺̺̞͖͚͊͂ͤ͢ȑͭ͂҉̢̣͉̦̣̮̦͠ͅȩ̷͙̥̖̙̃̑͊ͪ̾͘ ͉̳͓ͮ̀̂w̴̖͈̳͕̣̆͊̀͐̌̑́̀͟h̛̖̤̫͒̍͋͛̏ͧ̈͂͗a̡͚̱ͥ̽͊̇ͩ̑͗̆̏t̺̤̗̺͖̤̝̭͕̐̂̄̈́͒́̌̈̎͡ ̷̴̣̯̂̀ỵ̨̭̩̰͖̝̱̣̪̈́͐͑ͤͣͤ͘͘ō̶̋̿ͤ҉̛͔ù̏ͬ̿ͦ҉̱̩̱͙̰͍̝̠̘́ ̨̪̺̺͙̘͇̩̻̩ͭ͗͒̓̓̿͠á̶̫̖̱̬͗͠͝r̡̾͋̽ͪ͆̔͋͗̕͏͈̗ẽ̷̗͉ͩͩͤ̇̿͌ ͭ̌ͦ̃͏̹̪͝t͔̻̯́͊̀̋́a͚͔̖͔̗͕͈̭͋ͥ̄̉ͩ̏l̡̜̱̩̖͙͚͙͊̈́ͮ͗k̴̢̝̮͑͐̒ͤ̕i̺͂n̠̠̪̼̦̲̦̐͛̓̔̀ͫg̡̻̫͔̬̣̩͚͒ͣ̎ͩͦͣ̆͞ ̵̉̓ͥ̾͗͋͡҉̟̥̰ã̴̝̤̳̼̤̞̥̫̿̿̊̽͟͞b̨̺͚̥̪̲̫̙̀̂̏̆̽ͬ̈́̏̓͠o̡̡̩̝̣̳̭̞̪̐͂͒ͮ̄ͣͪͮͅu̞̱͈͓̥̜̙̫̅͆̉̑ͨ̉ͥ̂͞t͔̲̉͛̀̃̇,̷͙͎ͩ͑͢ ̢̨͓̦̣͕̪̏͐͋͡ͅeͭ͗ͤ͏̢̗v̢͍̬̩͈̤̯̪̬̞ͣ̃e̤͈̖̦̣͚̿̑͗̈́̃́r̡̬̮̩̲̺̠̜ͤ͒ͫ͆͋̽̍̅͟ẙ̲͓̙͔͔̪̘̩͕͌t̠̖̺͕̞͓͖͚ͭͥ͋͊̊̈́͠h̞̰͎̟̺͉̟̉͒̅̍̂̇̊ͅḯ̸̛̝͓ͣͯ̕n̦̘͐ͬ̕g̾̽҉̨͖͕̹̭̬ͅ'̨̜̜̙ͧ͐̐̓̿ͮs̸͇͓̘̓̔̎̂̏ ̛͎̩͐̚f̧̭̬͍̣̹͍̹̌̋̒͞iͥ̾̾ͩ̑ͤ̕҉̠͓̜͕͖̭̥n̵̶̒͏͚̖̝̤̲e͎̥̟͎͐͠ͅ ̴̢̤͙̥͕̦̳̙̫͍ͦ͐͗̃̐͒̾ͬ͘f̶̛̗͉̪̙̘̪͙̲ͪ̎̈ͣ̔͗̽̂ơ̵̙̭̰̼͓ͭͨ͛͒ͩ̃r̬̺̰͓̮͉͉̜̋̎ͬ͑͆̌͞ ̨̟̮̤̍̅ͭ̋ͬͦ̑̔̀m̶̟̥̣̻͇̜̯͕̦͂e͛̎͏͔͈͍͈̠̲̭ͅ

aw350

Banned
İ̠̃̑̊͢'̣̤̩̫͂̉ͧ̈ͮ̇̾ͬ̀͟ͅm̗̘̳̼̎ͤ ̺ͨ̇̍̐ͥ̀̎̈n͔͔̭͚̬͕̉̒͑̆͛́̀̄ͅo̴͕̖͕͓̿̋ͬ͡t̢͈̖͎͙͔̊ͧ͘ͅ ̡̲̪͉̖̰̮̙̘ͩ͌̍͜s̥̬̣̠̭̓ͫ͆̍̅ṳ̸͖͍̺̺̞͖͚͊͂ͤ͢ȑͭ͂҉̢̣͉̦̣̮̦͠ͅȩ̷͙̥̖̙̃̑͊ͪ̾͘ ͉̳͓ͮ̀̂w̴̖͈̳͕̣̆͊̀͐̌̑́̀͟h̛̖̤̫͒̍͋͛̏ͧ̈͂͗a̡͚̱ͥ̽͊̇ͩ̑͗̆̏t̺̤̗̺͖̤̝̭͕̐̂̄̈́͒́̌̈̎͡ ̷̴̣̯̂̀ỵ̨̭̩̰͖̝̱̣̪̈́͐͑ͤͣͤ͘͘ō̶̋̿ͤ҉̛͔ù̏ͬ̿ͦ҉̱̩̱͙̰͍̝̠̘́ ̨̪̺̺͙̘͇̩̻̩ͭ͗͒̓̓̿͠á̶̫̖̱̬͗͠͝r̡̾͋̽ͪ͆̔͋͗̕͏͈̗ẽ̷̗͉ͩͩͤ̇̿͌ ͭ̌ͦ̃͏̹̪͝t͔̻̯́͊̀̋́a͚͔̖͔̗͕͈̭͋ͥ̄̉ͩ̏l̡̜̱̩̖͙͚͙͊̈́ͮ͗k̴̢̝̮͑͐̒ͤ̕i̺͂n̠̠̪̼̦̲̦̐͛̓̔̀ͫg̡̻̫͔̬̣̩͚͒ͣ̎ͩͦͣ̆͞ ̵̉̓ͥ̾͗͋͡҉̟̥̰ã̴̝̤̳̼̤̞̥̫̿̿̊̽͟͞b̨̺͚̥̪̲̫̙̀̂̏̆̽ͬ̈́̏̓͠o̡̡̩̝̣̳̭̞̪̐͂͒ͮ̄ͣͪͮͅu̞̱͈͓̥̜̙̫̅͆̉̑ͨ̉ͥ̂͞t͔̲̉͛̀̃̇,̷͙͎ͩ͑͢ ̢̨͓̦̣͕̪̏͐͋͡ͅeͭ͗ͤ͏̢̗v̢͍̬̩͈̤̯̪̬̞ͣ̃e̤͈̖̦̣͚̿̑͗̈́̃́r̡̬̮̩̲̺̠̜ͤ͒ͫ͆͋̽̍̅͟ẙ̲͓̙͔͔̪̘̩͕͌t̠̖̺͕̞͓͖͚ͭͥ͋͊̊̈́͠h̞̰͎̟̺͉̟̉͒̅̍̂̇̊ͅḯ̸̛̝͓ͣͯ̕n̦̘͐ͬ̕g̾̽҉̨͖͕̹̭̬ͅ'̨̜̜̙ͧ͐̐̓̿ͮs̸͇͓̘̓̔̎̂̏ ̛͎̩͐̚f̧̭̬͍̣̹͍̹̌̋̒͞iͥ̾̾ͩ̑ͤ̕҉̠͓̜͕͖̭̥n̵̶̒͏͚̖̝̤̲e͎̥̟͎͐͠ͅ ̴̢̤͙̥͕̦̳̙̫͍ͦ͐͗̃̐͒̾ͬ͘f̶̛̗͉̪̙̘̪͙̲ͪ̎̈ͣ̔͗̽̂ơ̵̙̭̰̼͓ͭͨ͛͒ͩ̃r̬̺̰͓̮͉͉̜̋̎ͬ͑͆̌͞ ̨̟̮̤̍̅ͭ̋ͬͦ̑̔̀m̶̟̥̣̻͇̜̯͕̦͂e͛̎͏͔͈͍͈̠̲̭ͅ

To those who are scared of this, i̪̯̩̫̻̙͙t̮͈̺'̰̤̜͙̯s̬͚ ̜̞͔̲̗͓g̼̟͈̜͔o͕̜̗͓̖̬̹̜͕i͚̪̺̘̺̟n̠͎͈̘̖̲̣̝g̼̦̹͇͔̪ͅ ͇̗̖̠̤͔̪̖ṯ͕͈̰̣͈̘o̗̱͙ ̼̼͇̣͕b̙̳̮̤̟͔̤e͔̹ ̰͓̼̭̱̱ͅf̜̣̣̜i̘̮̝n̝͉e̘̟̗͓͍̝̬̰,̼͍̱ ̖̠y͉̰̯̩̖̝ͅo̳̝̞̮̩͈̺̼u͇̰͓̲̺͚͎̤͎ ̝̖̗̖̤̫̭̣c͕͙̰̺a͚̩͖n̺̟̫̼͙ ̯̥̗̹͉̜̣d͚̤͈̞o̝̺̥̠̰͇̦̜ ̣̝t̮͉h͚̫e̩̻̘͙͓͙ ̠͉͍s͍̙̳̣͈͙a̜͚̹͍̳m̖̺̦͈ͅe͚͚̞̰̝̰̬͙:͓̲̼

http://www.marlborotech.com/Zalgo.html

And here's a blog post which shows example codepoints:

http://www.siao2.com/2006/02/17/533929.aspx

zkylon

zkylewd
Nah that is minor issue. They promised HUD toggle button but there isn't one. That is real issue with patch!!!
at least the triss stuff is in. i'll probably replay those parts to see what she's got to say...

as a remedy for my post-witcha woes i've been watching a bit of berserk

not exactly what i was expecting (dat op), but it's pretty alright. i'm not a big fan of seinen cos i feel like it's usually just dark and gritty for the sake of it, but somehow i always end up gravitating towards it, and i've always been curious about berserk so what the hell. def see the inspirations for dark souls, so that's pretty cool

what i should really be doing is watching the little witch academia movies, but i dunno, not in the mood for something upbeat i guess

Some more SFV news, woo.

Looks like they fixed the jiggle bug. Damn them all to hell. Laura looks amazing either way.

Also, Alex is definitely in the background of the New York stage.
as long as the chun li boob pop keeps happening i think we'll be ok

Dr Dogg

For it's praise that it gets (and most of it's justified) Withcer III has been one of the most unstable and buggy games I've played in years, like 6-7 years, and I've played some supposed shockers with less issue than this. So far thankfully it's not soured the experience but had so many crashes (most of them even viewer is pointing to memory issues) and graphical corruption on non overclocked and stable GPUs on the latest drivers as well as some loopy things that happen in the game itself. Don't know what my favourite was, being catapulted from Roach 300 foot in the air when entering Novigrad by the bridge or all the NPC spawn in arms stretched out wide with decapitated heads floating to the side?

Copons

For it's praise that it gets (and most of it's justified) Withcer III has been one of the most unstable and buggy games I've played in years, like 6-7 years, and I've played some supposed shockers with less issue than this. So far thankfully it's not soured the experience but had so many crashes (most of them even viewer is pointing to memory issues) and graphical corruption on non overclocked and stable GPUs on the latest drivers as well as some loopy things that happen in the game itself. Don't know what my favourite was, being catapulted from Roach 300 foot in the air when entering Novigrad by the bridge or all the NPC spawn in arms stretched out wide with decapitated heads floating to the side?

Graphical corruptions? Plenty, to the point that I downright stopped wearing long coats, as their gown parts were always unnaturally stuck somewhere mid-air in front of Geralt.
But CTDs? Never.
Don't know what you guys do to your games, you delinquents.

Anteater

that's what you get for having terrible AA

Nabs

I haven't had a single Witcher 3 crash yet (knock on wood), I hope my luck doesn't run out with the latest patch.

tuxfool

Banned
Yeah, I had odd stuff here and there, but never ever had a CTD. Also W3 accepted my highest card OC. In any other game and engine, the driver would crash well before the freqs I reached in W3.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i've had lots (and i mean LOTS) of bugs, but maybe two ctds max and most of the bugs were of the hilarious nature so no complaints from me

if anything i wish more games were this buggy, it's awesome

I mean what's the point if you can't take nice screens easily.
i mean, my screens are never nice anyways :p

Dr Dogg

Probably most awestruck bug that I encountered as I didn't know about it or how common it was at the time (still in the game mind thankfully).

Hearing a load of screams then see the crew of the Jackdaw rained down from the sky only by the time I get to where my ship should be there's that big hole and a lot of dead sailors (sounds like either a scene from Shenmue or a Saturday night out in Portsmouth). And you wonder why I like AssCreed (well the bugs among other things)

Graphical corruptions? Plenty, to the point that I downright stopped wearing long coats, as their gown parts were always unnaturally stuck somewhere mid-air in front of Geralt.
But CTDs? Never.
Don't know what you guys do to your games, you delinquents.

Might be to do with 10-15 hour play sessions on my account. I did spank though 50-60 hours in the first 5 days it came out. Didn't get a lot of work done that week

tuxfool

Banned
Are Witcher 1 / Witcher 2 similarly buggy? You guys are scaring me, I was planning to play through all three.

W1 is janky by modern standards. W2 is pretty solid at this point and due to the size of W3 the bug/second rate in that game is utterly minuscule.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Are Witcher 1 / Witcher 2 similarly buggy? You guys are scaring me, I was planning to play through all three.

Nah, The Witcher 1 and 2 are totally fine, both have had any real problems squashed out long ago with their Enhanced Edition updates and stuff, any remaining issue you might run into surely has a fix or mod that will take care of it.

tmarg

Hope the necromancer DLC gets a sale again soon.

It's currently $2 at bundlestars.

I just recently played it, having apparently won it a while ago from alienware but not realizing it because the message got eaten by twitch's spam filter. I know it had a fairly poor reception at launch, but it seems like a pretty solid game right now. I don't think there is really much more I would expect them to do at this point.

Arthea

Why would it be illegal? They don't give games for positive reviews, just for reviewers to play and review, like any other publisher.

Probably most awestruck bug that I encountered as I didn't know about it or how common it was at the time (still in the game mind thankfully).

Hearing a load of screams then see the crew of the Jackdaw rained down from the sky only by the time I get to where my ship should be there's that big hole and a lot of dead sailors (sounds like either a scene from Shenmue or a Saturday night out in Portsmouth). And you wonder why I like AssCreed (well the bugs among other things)

Might be to do with 10-15 hour play sessions on my account. I did spank though 50-60 hours in the first 5 days it came out. Didn't get a lot of work done that week

you totally should have jumped in there, for science

aw350

Banned
W1 is janky by modern standards. W2 is pretty solid at this point and due to the size of W3 the bug/second rate in that game is utterly minuscule.

Nah, The Witcher 1 and 2 are totally fine, both have had any real problems squashed out long ago with their Enhanced Edition updates and stuff, any remaining issue you might run into surely has a fix or mod that will take care of it.

Thanks, that helps. I guess while I am playing 1 and 2, 3 might get Enhanced Edition of its own - would be welcome. :)

Dr Dogg

Does anyone know if someone has popped all the recap comicy book loading screens in Witcheroo Tres on YouTube so I can at least get my bearings after some time off. Can they be viewed via the games files with RAD Tools or something?

Why would it be illegal? They don't give games for positive reviews, just for reviewers to play and review, like any other publisher.

you totally should have jumped in there, for science

And thus the great misunderstand between illegal, unlawful and illicit continues. Granted they all have slightly different connotations per country but still without referencing exactly what law something contravenes usually shows little understanding of what said person is talking about.

Do you jump into strange holes in the middle of the ocean? Yeah I thought not.

Arthea

Wild Season had two updates in a week! I would have been hella exited but most of those are bug fixes, omitting those here is a new stuff:

New UI implemented among other things

quick select inventory

Features

- User Interface
New app icon
Changed font on the notification window
Animated main menu (from version 0.6.x)
Screen resolution can now be changed in the options (from version 0.6.x)
Window and Fullscreen mode (from version 0.6.x)
Aesthetics for hero when in water (in progress from version 0.6.x)
New Shipping Bin Window
New Inventory Window
New Freezer Window
New Storage Window
Added cursor icon (this will disappear after 2 seconds in game when not it used)
New Generic Notification
Added sign posts that shows the building’s opening and closing time
Added town circle in town square
Added forest gates

- User Experience
Polished controller support!
Quick View (Spacebar default key then press a directional button to access a specific information window quickly in the game)
New Farming Tutorial via Quest System
Buildings now open and close according to their schedule
Store items now change according to season
New Cooking implementation (from version 0.6.x)

- Added SFX
Added new Mountain BGM
Added ocean waves SFX
Added crickets at night SFX

- Game Tweaks
Increased watering can capacity
Updated items (buy and sell values)
Removed colliders on crops
Autosave feature (saves every 5 minutes) (from version 0.6.x)
Updated story content

Arthea

And thus the great misunderstand between illegal, unlawful and illicit continues. Granted they all have slightly different connotations per country but still without referencing exactly what law something contravenes usually shows little understanding of what said person is talking about.

Do you jump into strange holes in the middle of the ocean? Yeah I thought not.

I'm not sure I follow, we are talking steam here, I thought valve made it clear that games can't be given for greenlight votes and positive reviews, everybody is still giving games for reviewing as always, so how's that illegal, unlawful or illicit?

Yes so it's unlawful rather than illegal. No law has been breached but the terms of the service have.

Oh, that's what you mean
yeah, if you mean that Knurek and I shouldn't have used a word illegal.

in this particular case, no terms were breached either

Dr Dogg

I'm not sure I follow, we are talking steam here, I thought valve made it clear that games can't be given for greenlight votes and positive reviews, everybody is still giving games for reviewing as always, so how's that illegal, unlawful or illicit?

Yes so it's unlawful rather than illegal. No law has been breached but the terms of the service have.

aw350

Banned

That's a side topic, but I'd just say "against Steam rules", because "unlawful" and "illegal" are synonyms for me (maybe they aren't for a native English speaker).

Arthea

Why exactly gog let Huniepop in? I thought they don't allow casual games to sully their library. Or are lewd games an exception?

Is Normality any good or just aged garbage?
I can't judge the game, if "weird but good" or just garbage.

Almost missed this post, as far as I can remember it's not particularly good and a bit on a silly side, but not really horrible either. I'm not sure how it plays now, though

L.O.R.D

new portal 2 update 33 mb that adds native Steam Controller integration to the game

We have updated the public release of Portal 2. This update adds native Steam Controller integration to the game. When using a Steam Controller, you can now rebind game actions from the standard controller configuration screen in the Steam Overlay; in-game on-screen button prompts will automatically update accordingly.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/portal2/announcements/detail/92679896001484067

also
add hl3.txt file to the game

Xanathus

I've been logging into MGS5 every day since release in order to get the daily rewards because they give out MB Coins (the paid currency) fairly frequently and am up to 685 MB Coins. The cheapest extra FOB is 1000 coins but it's pointless to have more than one FOB. Hopefully by the time MGO releases on PC I'll have enough to splurge on a bunch of cosmetic bullshit or whatever pay-to-win stuff they'll introduce. So far it looks like the only things you can use MB Coins for in MGO on the console versions are Gold/Silver paint and some Camo skins. Gold and Silver paints are 1000 coins each :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom