• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

People probably already saw but Vermintide is pretty cheap on Nuuvem. £8 for Normal, £12 for CE. Managed to get it with a VPN so, no paypal check.

Deitus

There are other ways to show health and ammo and stuff without it being persistently blasted at you the entire time.

This is true.

aBryYQx_700b.jpg

Jurassic Park Trespasser if anyone was wondering. So dumb.

It looks the Steam image was done by a different artist from the one who did the art in that screen.
Probably. I really wish game art was consistent.

Even today, I will click through to that horrible free-to-play 8bit MMO simply because it has a beautiful pixel art store icon. Gets me every time.
I read some detailed early access impressions on Russian IGN lol a year ago and remember being hyped as hell. Curiously enough, that preview said that the game had been supposed to be out Winter/Spring 2015 lol. Well, that kind of delay is probably nothing to the man who has been developing his game for the past 12 years.

Yeah, everything I've ever heard about AoD has made it sound great. I'm just curious if they're meeting their ambitions upon release. I guess I'll have a chance to find out soon... after I finish the mountain of RPGs in front of me this month.

Jawmuncher

This is true.

aBryYQx_700b.jpg

Jurassic Park Trespasser if anyone was wondering. So dumb.

Everyone has to give JP:T props since it influenced Half Life 2. I'll even go so far as to say without this game HL2 wouldn't be the way it is today. That's either a good or bad thing depending on who you are.

Nzyme32

Good news for streaming folk

In-Home Streaming Beta Update - October 9

9 OCTOBER - SLOUKEN

We have made dramatic changes to the streaming network code that should improve the experience on wireless networks. Please try these out by opting into the beta version of the Steam Client on all computers:
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Betas

Please make sure you're running the Steam build dated October 9th or newer on both the host and client computers.

Please report any issues on the bug discussion group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/homestream/discussions/1/

Thanks!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Evangelion DLC (and more) in Tales of Zestiria!

Totally didn't expect that one coming to the west.
Good thing is, Alishia DLC is on the list.

Wait a second, are they going to sell me DLC? Are they making extra DLC for the PS4 and PC ports or just selling you old ass DLC?

Wait a second, are they going to sell me DLC? Are they making extra DLC for the PS4 and PC ports or just selling you old ass DLC?

twice tho?

Lingitiz

Finally getting deep into Fallout New Vegas. It seems crazy how many different ways there are to finish quests. Definitely have to get out of the Fallout 3 mentality of being able to see everything on a single run.

It's kind of refreshing to play a game that lets you fail so many quests.

zkylon

zkylewd
Finally getting deep into Fallout New Vegas. It seems crazy how many different ways there are to finish quests. Definitely have to get out of the Fallout 3 mentality of being able to see everything on a single run.

It's kind of refreshing to play a game that lets you fail so many quests.

get out of it, burn it down

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You'll have to excuse me, I'm currently playing a non-steam game.
And this forum requires you to wait a minute to edit posts :( I screwed up by returning to the reply to thread page after trying to edit.

Its alright it was just a bit weird lol

tm24

So wonder if anyone has had this happen to them. My friend has had both MGS5 and Witcher 3 get stuck with 1 files (sic) failed to validate and will be reacquired and constantly be stuck in a loop since nothing gets downloaded. Any help?

Turfster

So wonder if anyone has had this happen to them. My friend has had both MGS5 and Witcher 3 get stuck with 1 files (sic) failed to validate and will be reacquired and constantly be stuck in a loop since nothing gets downloaded. Any help?

Do they actually run?
Some games always fail "1 file" and just get a new exe

L.O.R.D

Castle Crashers Steam Update – Coming 10/14

CCSteamUpdatedMenu-1024x576.png

We’ve got BIG news that will make your eyes bug out! We plan on releasing our "Barbarian Makeover" update for Castle Crashers Steam next Wednesday and it’s going to have more barbarians than ever before!!!

That’s right! Our next Castle Crashers Steam Update is on its way. Be sure to mark your calendars for Wednesday, October 14th PST! We’re going to leave the time as a mystery, but we don’t want to keep you totally in the dark so here are the list of changes you can expect from "Barbarian Makeover":

New mini game: Back Off Barbarian
Uncapped frame rate (FPS)
Ultra mode: high quality textures
Updates to UI flow
Russian language support added
General bug fixes and improvements

BoBonMenu-1024x576.png

*Our new mini game, Back off Barbarian, will be replacing the current mini game in Castle Crashers Steam edition. If you wish to play All You Can Quaff, then this is your last chance!

For those who earned the Glork achievement for All You Can Quaff before this update goes into effect, the achievement stays on your account but the name of the achievement will change.

The new achievement tied to Back Off Barbarian is called The Final Countdown. If you don’t get the achievement before the update then you’ll need to work for it in Back Off Barbarian! You can unlock this achievement by surviving until the minimum of 2 minutes and 30 seconds in a Back Off Barbarian match.

Are you ready for higher quality textured deer poop? Let us know your thoughts about Barbarian Makeover in the comments section below!

could this be the remastered update ?

tm24

Do they actually run?
Some games always fail "1 file" and just get a new exe

Yeah, they don't run. He's stuck on constantly looping 0 mb validating update and the game cant run because there's an update. Even deleting random files to try to get it validate more than 1 file fails to actually validate

Contradiction is amazing, grab it for Jenks.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Braveland -- MB-F03AD3060A878B15 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 1 entrants total.
Contradiction -- MB-483C3421A50BB726 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 4 entrants total.
GOTY
Malebolgia -- MB-042EE9D5D4362AEC - Taken by L.O.R.D. 1 entrants total.
Rise of the Triad -- MB-697C262EFC3EFF96 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Quarries of Scred -- MB-13B27838EE879776 - Taken by madjoki. 3 entrants total.

t1444435861z1.png

It's my birthday & there is some Half-Life 3 news

Perhaps this will be a good year for me

Happy birthday!

Dsyndrome

Just noticed that Witcher 3 added two more quickslots for potion/healing usage, and that you can switch with a controller by holding up or down on the D-pad. Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom