• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Yeah, they don't run. He's stuck on constantly looping 0 mb validating update and the game cant run because there's an update. Even deleting random files to try to get it validate more than 1 file fails to actually validate

Weird.
Remove the whole thing and restart from scratch, possibly on another drive?

(Yes, I know this sucks for huge games like that)

It kinda sucks, so you're probably better off staying this way.

Dascu is awesome; I will not stand for you sullying his good works.

Yes I saw, but I thought that wasn't reliable yet since the game isn't out. I mean, could it change when it will be released? Not entirely sure how this works.

Ask question > get same answer from two people with over 3000 games in their Steam libraries > question the answer...

Makes sense.

I believe the most prolific (and somewhat isolated case) of anything which you're afraid of with it being made region specific after the fact had to do with Saints Row 4 and Nuuvem. JaseC knows more about that than I do... suffice it to say that most publishers/devs don't seem to be in the habit of randomly adding/changing region locks on things that are basically ROW. If it doesn't have it before release (see: Sonic: The Lost World mentioned previously by me on this page), the likelihood of the region ending up with a locked sub is relatively miniscule.

bigzgod

Are there any deals for Fallout 4 out?

The cheapest right now is GMG with a 23% off voucher. I'm betting that there will at least be a 26% voucher out or better prior to release.

I don't think it'll be cheaper elsewhere, unfortunately, the best time to have gotten it was that 50% GMG coupon glitch.

ss_ce0881a997b36e426591ac55d500924b6322a0a3.jpg

I'd assume this is hubando #2, on the left. No guarantees though.

Don't look at his arms for too long or you may never be the same again.
How could someone look at the art and go "yep, we gonna make money off that"?

Stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Runestone Keeper -- MB-ACEBAB3BC3E7931D - Taken by Annubis
Paperbound -- MB-2BEF79E391FE9B16 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
ChargeShot -- MB-9CF62A38680B54D6 - Taken by darkchewie
Rise of the Triad -- MB-5D3CA92502568A08 - Taken by pahamrick
Quarries of Scred -- MB-94338E25E5274D92 - Taken by Belgarion

Sch1sm

Finally bit into this Killer Bundle on Bundlestars. So much for willpower. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not sure about the other titles, or rather, none have been on my radar. Which ones have you guys had a relatively good time with?

The cheapest right now is GMG with a 23% off voucher. I'm betting that there will at least be a 26% voucher out or better prior to release.

I don't think it'll be cheaper elsewhere, unfortunately, the best time to have gotten it was that 50% GMG coupon glitch.

Yeah still got a month...I'll hold off on GMG for now.

Tenrius

Dascu is awesome; I will not stand for you sullying his good works.

Well, I should play it some more, but what I've seen was really underwhelming, especially the combat. Aesthetically and thematically it was sort of a mix between Dark Souls and killer7 which is pretty great.

zkylon

zkylewd
nevermind, you can

apparently there are giant spiders in new witcha dlc

im getting my money back

fuck you cdpr, i thought we had a deal. i preorder everything you do, you make spiders look stupid so they don't make me miserable

Caerith

They have significantly less hideous art.

You must not've seen the "sex" scenes from Sakura Swim Club that someone linked.

nevermind, you can

apparently there are giant spiders in new witcha dlc

im getting my money back

fuck you cdpr, i thought we had a deal. i preorder everything you do, you make spiders look stupid so they don't make me miserable

There are no spiders in Persona 4. Just saying.

Ask question > get same answer from two people with over 3000 games in their Steam libraries > question the answer...

Makes sense.

I believe the most prolific (and somewhat isolated case) of anything which you're afraid of with it being made region specific after the fact had to do with Saints Row 4 and Nuuvem. JaseC knows more about that than I do... suffice it to say that most publishers/devs don't seem to be in the habit of randomly adding/changing region locks on things that are basically ROW. If it doesn't have it before release (see: Sonic: The Lost World mentioned previously by me on this page), the likelihood of the region ending up with a locked sub is relatively miniscule.

Huh, I wasn't doubting you or JaseC, I was just being more specific with what I meant. And you just gave me an answer. Thanks.

zkylon

zkylewd
But there were already giant spiders in the base game?
yeah but arachas are so goofy looking that they don't affect me. i don't particularly enjoy them, but they're fine, they don't move like spiders or look like spiders, they're just pinecombs with purple legs or something.

i hope it's just those on the dlc and the ppl from rps were just being dumb, cos otherwise i'm just refunding that stuff. i'm gonna wait until there's gameplay videos of them and stuff, but ehh, depressing

There are no spiders in Persona 4. Just saying.
can't you see i'm keeping it for a special moment -___-

Just finished the first episode in Life is Strange. I liked it, even liked the bit of time i spent with Warren, only thing that bothered me was the dozen of msgs he sent, like bro, stop acting like a loser :/ My main issue with the game is how these people talk. Who talks like this? Is this how people talk in the country side or something? Won't be home tomorrow so I'll play episode 2 on Sunday.

Also, fuck Chloe's step dad. what a fucking cunt.
Battlefront feels like that garbage Medal of Honor game all over again.

yea its pretty trashy. it'll sell well though cause you know, star wars.

To each his own I suppose.

I'm having a blast.

I was playing it and it reminded me of destiny in the sense where I wouldn't label the game "fun" but for some reason I couldn't stop playing it. Like I would rather player games that i actually like but for some reason I cant. deleted the beta that way I would stop wasting my time on it since like i said, didn't like the game but couldn't stop playing it. Maybe it was cause i was playing with my friends.

Isn't it still around? I have the EPIC Games client where I play the new UT and I see a section for Fortnite there.

theres a new UT? wat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom