• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Finally bit into this Killer Bundle on Bundlestars. So much for willpower. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not sure about the other titles, or rather, none have been on my radar. Which ones have you guys had a relatively good time with?

I've been playing Contradiction and I'm absolutely loving it. It's a detective game but it uses video (like a movie) for it's sequences. In a lot of ways it's like a point and click adventure game but obviously with a bit more graphical fidelity than most of them have. It's extremely well done and I'm finding the acting to even be surprisingly good. The music and musical cues are also spot on. The story is interesting and
even has a supernatural twist

Highly recommended, especially for a bundled game.

Adnor

Banned
I completely forgot there is a new Battlefront in development, I don't think I've seen any of the game besides the first in-engine trailer.

Almost here...

And yes, you guessed it:
it's a hidden object game!
I've been playing Contradiction and I'm absolutely loving it. It's a detective game but it uses video (like a movie) for it's sequences. In a lot of ways it's like a point and click adventure game but obviously with a bit more graphical fidelity than most of them have. It's extremely well done and I'm finding the acting to even be surprisingly good. The music and musical cues are also spot on. The story is interesting and
even has a supernatural twist

Highly recommended, especially for a bundled game.
Agreed. Never thought I'd play--let alone enjoy--an FMV game in the year 2015.

Have you seen... this?

Salsa

yeah im talking outta my butt just cause it looks great. ill try the beta tomorrow

im just already bummed about dlc cycle after bf4

yeah im talking outta my butt just cause it looks great. ill try the beta tomorrow

im just already bummed about dlc cycle after bf4

I've got a 2gb 760. I have everything set to high and it's running fine for me on the TV (1080). Whether you end up liking it or not is another story. I'm still liking it though.

bigzgod

Huh, I wasn't doubting you or JaseC, I was just being more specific with what I meant. And you just gave me an answer. Thanks.

To be fair, it has happened before on big games. I believe XCOM: EU and Thief both had last minute changes to their subs that forced region locks at the last minute, pissing off a ton of people in the process.

More like than not however, you're safe.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
To be fair, it has happened before on big games. I believe XCOM: EU and Thief both had last minute changes to their subs that forced region locks at the last minute, pissing off a ton of people in the process.

More like than not however, you're safe.

You're thinking of retroactive locks on region-specific store subs. Thief's the only one that wasn't reverted, though, since it required the cart trick to purchase as a gift.

Usually I mention the possibility of a game getting region-locked subs closer to release, but Vermintide is out in less than two weeks and the keys will be requested a few days or so before then so retailers have plenty of time to input them into their databases, which makes new subs showing up in the interim decidedly unlikely. Even if they do, though, one could just cancel the pre-order.

Knurek

If anyone still doesn't have it, MacGameStore has KOTOR I for $2.49. Steam key.

Was thinking of getting the game on GOG, but since Aspyr did the KOTOR II patch/achievements, there's no telling whether they won't do the same with KOTOR I down the line. Steam it is then.

Huh? I'm not seeing anything HO about the game.
It looks more like a Legend Entertainment game, truth be told. Companions of Xanth or Gateway to Shannara.

Whoops, you're right. I saw the items on the side and made some bad instant assumptions.

Sorry, Goosebumps!

Anteater

maybe they've patched it but watchdogs runs pretty good on my end (760 gtx), seems to use a lot vram is all so I have to lower the texture quality. Game controls pretty responsively so playing at 30fps isn't bad. Still some streaming issues that causes minor stuttering here and there when driving I think.

game is alright, a lot of stuff I probably won't bother doing, but the missions are good enough for me to mess around with, well worth the 4 bucks so far.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So with Contradiction finished, I'm now completed my 52 games in the year challenge.

Feels good man

Only 16 of them on Steam though, sorry SteamGAF

Having finished Grey Cubes a few days ago I'm at 50 or 51. Haven't updated my post for a while and I've lost the bit of paper I had them written down on!

yuraya

Holy shit @ that Dark Souls 3 menu screen music. Someone uploaded the menu song from stress thread. Here is the link.

FROM sure does know how to fucking hype people up for their game.

Monooboe

So I was writing all my GOTYs on my Steam profile and noticed something weird, I've put Portal 2 at number 2 2011, that's quite high and thinking back I don't remember Portal 2 that fondly. Maybe time to replay?o_O

Sarcasm

Okay I have this WEIRD issue with GTAV. My PC specs are as follows:

I7 3770K 3.2ghz (or .4)
GTX670 2GB
16GB+ RAM DDR3

Now I can get a constant 60 FPS if I tell it to ignore the memory limit and max some stuff and have very high textures. After a few hours game starts dropping, which I assume means memory is full, and than it just goes away (thus going back to 60). Get micro-stutter every now and than.
Now if I heed the memory limit and leave it in the green with some room left over the game constantly drops to the low 20's.

How come if I lower the settings I get worse performance? What should I set it on? I have adaptive v-sync on via the Nvidia control panel.

fertygo

Okay I have this WEIRD issue with GTAV. My PC specs are as follows:

Now I can get a constant 60 FPS if I tell it to ignore the memory limit and max some stuff and have very high textures. After a few hours game starts dropping, which I assume means memory is full, and than it just goes away (thus going back to 60). Get micro-stutter every now and than.
Now if I heed the memory limit and leave it in the green with some room left over the game constantly drops to the low 20's.

How come if I lower the settings I get worse performance? What should I set it on? I have adaptive v-sync on via the Nvidia control panel.
maybe last few post at this thread also can help you? sound like similar issue
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1047766&page=181

Any good recently released s̡̛͓̣̱͕̝̪͎̟̘͖̰̗͎͈͙̓̊ͤ̅̒͡p̵̛ͥͩͯ̅ͨ̊́̈̀̂̐͗̔̍̔̐̏̇ͩ͢҉̩̣̲̩̱͍̟̮̖̖̥̦̝̞̯o̡̗̞̫̗̲̭̹̳͍̙̩̻ͨ̑͆́̒̍͒͑ͦ͆ͦ̒̒̎̊̔̐ͯ̚͘͡ǒ̢̥̭̦̳̞̯̬̣̳͍̲͍̻̎͌̑̒̈̀̑ͣͅkͪ̇ͪͤ͆̃ͧ̿͛̎͗ͦ͏͉͓̹͚̖̠̕y̸̐͒̐̉̿̒ͦͮͥ̃ͣͪ̈ͭ͛ͧ͏̣͚̮͉͈͙͓̩̠̩͕ games for halloween?

fertygo

Any good recently released s̡̛͓̣̱͕̝̪͎̟̘͖̰̗͎͈͙̓̊ͤ̅̒͡p̵̛ͥͩͯ̅ͨ̊́̈̀̂̐͗̔̍̔̐̏̇ͩ͢҉̩̣̲̩̱͍̟̮̖̖̥̦̝̞̯o̡̗̞̫̗̲̭̹̳͍̙̩̻ͨ̑͆́̒̍͒͑ͦ͆ͦ̒̒̎̊̔̐ͯ̚͘͡ǒ̢̥̭̦̳̞̯̬̣̳͍̲͍̻̎͌̑̒̈̀̑ͣͅkͪ̇ͪͤ͆̃ͧ̿͛̎͗ͦ͏͉͓̹͚̖̠̕y̸̐͒̐̉̿̒ͦͮͥ̃ͣͪ̈ͭ͛ͧ͏̣͚̮͉͈͙͓̩̠̩͕ games for halloween?

wtf happened at this post

y7UhPCF.png
So..should I edit my pagefile? Its set to 4GB.

I guess its worth a try.

Guys. Trails SC is happening

I don't think it'll ever TRULY be out of QA hell -- I imagine we'll continue finding little sniggly issues long after launch, and fixing them via patch on the PC version -- but yeah, our for-reals QA process is over and the game is in master testing.

The goal is nigh!

-Tom

aw350

Banned
Finished 4 Elements.

It's a pleasant, match-3 type game (you match a chain of 3+ stones and you can turn in four directions) with power-ups and some interesting on-board items. There are 64 levels split into 4 chapters. Before each chapter, there is a hidden object scene. The levels inside a chapter go in packs of 4, after each 4 there is a short break where you have to spot differences between two pictures. The levels are timed, the timer is pretty accommodating, but sometimes it gets hot. The difficulty is not overly large, you will complete most levels on the first try, although some will be tense, and you will likely fail several levels as well (I failed 3-4, plus I failed one particularly tricky level at least twice). It takes around 7-10 minutes to complete a level, so you are looking at about 6-8 hours to complete the whole game.

The graphics are pleasant, a bit low-res, but nice. The music is unobtrusive and, in my opinion, pretty charming. There are no issues running the game whatsoever.

There are 14 achievements, you will get most as you play, the remaining will require some restarts. The game has a bit of a flaw there in that it does not normally let you repeat a level you already completed *and* the saves are automatic instead of manual, but you can backup / restore save files, it's not too difficult.

All in all, I liked the game a lot. If you are into relaxing puzzles, try it out.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
You guys are going crazy, ev̡èry͠t͘hįn͏g̛͡'̶s̕͠ f̖̱̘̻͚́͠i̗̟̭̯͞n̯͚͍̹͙͘͠e̠.̬̱̘̪̹̻͍͠

It looks fine for me, just says spooky, I think you might have a virus.

Ningen please
You guys are going crazy, ev̡èry͠t͘hįn͏g̛͡'̶s̕͠ f̖̱̘̻͚́͠i̗̟̭̯͞n̯͚͍̹͙͘͠e̠.̬̱̘̪̹̻͍͠

I'm completely S͉̘͕̯̖͈̘̭̥̉ͣ́̏ͦ̀͡͞t̷͇͕͍ͤ͌̆̄̉͊ͨ́͡Ă͋҉̬͉̱̮̯̟ͅB̴͍̤ͪ͊̓̐̿ͩ̈́̒͘l̴̻̎̇ͅe̻͍̜̓̍̍̇̕͢

Ludens

Banned
Uhhh.. you guys should update your antivirus asap

I use Panda and it's updated. I think is something related to Firefox, not a virus.

Umh, I see this "ruined" too.

I use Panda and it's updated. I think is something related to Firefox, not a virus.

P̢̨̂͗ͦ̏̐́ͥͮ̎ͨ̔͆͠͏̵̩̻̯̹̠̦̖̗̲̦͈̬a̺̳̮̼ͧͣ̏̃́ͨ̐́̚̕̕͞n̨̺͙̪͓̂̂̑̏̀̈́̈́̇ͨ͘d̸̶̺͖̤̝̗̬̥͆͋̿͐̈́͒̈̆̅ͮ̃a̸̷̧̟͔̫̙͈̰͕̗̻͆̑̅̃̽ͮ̐̋͝ͅ?̸̛̪̦͕̻̯̲̻̗̬̘̠̩ͯͧͯ͒ͦ͑̊ͥ͋ͯ̊͐͒͘

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom