• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Grim Dawn basically have one thing that I wish Path of Exile to have = a gun, its also have and plenty of Bloodborne-esque weapon and cyberpunk-ish medieval setting. Awesome.

Just issued refund for my purchase, would buy again at Winter sale.

also in one hour that I player its hard freezed my pc, something that Diablo 3, PoE or Torchlight never have.. I need new PC T_______T

tuxfool

Banned
I've been logging into MGS5 every day since release in order to get the daily rewards because they give out MB Coins (the paid currency) fairly frequently and am up to 685 MB Coins. The cheapest extra FOB is 1000 coins but it's pointless to have more than one FOB. Hopefully by the time MGO releases on PC I'll have enough to splurge on a bunch of cosmetic bullshit or whatever pay-to-win stuff they'll introduce. So far it looks like the only things you can use MB Coins for in MGO on the console versions are Gold/Silver paint and some Camo skins. Gold and Silver paints are 1000 coins each :/

That sweet f2p hamster wheel.

Knurek

Hmm, installed the new mobo+CPU, no adventures this time like when I had to update BIOS for GTX970

It's just that...
Windows Performance index shows decrease for HDD, down from 7.9 to 5.9
I do have 840 EVO, so no fancy M.2 drive or some such. Moving stuff from SSD to MagHDD gives me around 100 MB/s (large files, obviously speed goes down when moving small ones), from SSD to another SSD up to 500 MB/s.
Not sure what could cause such a drop. :\

Ludens

Banned
I've been logging into MGS5 every day since release in order to get the daily rewards because they give out MB Coins (the paid currency) fairly frequently and am up to 685 MB Coins. The cheapest extra FOB is 1000 coins but it's pointless to have more than one FOB. Hopefully by the time MGO releases on PC I'll have enough to splurge on a bunch of cosmetic bullshit or whatever pay-to-win stuff they'll introduce. So far it looks like the only things you can use MB Coins for in MGO on the console versions are Gold/Silver paint and some Camo skins. Gold and Silver paints are 1000 coins each :/

I'm doing the same with the hope those MB coins will be used in MGO too, I'm not interested into buying a FOB, totally useless.

Probably most awestruck bug that I encountered as I didn't know about it or how common it was at the time (still in the game mind thankfully).

Hearing a load of screams then see the crew of the Jackdaw rained down from the sky only by the time I get to where my ship should be there's that big hole and a lot of dead sailors (sounds like either a scene from Shenmue or a Saturday night out in Portsmouth). And you wonder why I like AssCreed (well the bugs among other things)

At last, another excuse to post this!

Ascension of the Jackdaw

Tizoc

Friggin' hell
Either my ISP is having major technical issues or I need a new router, I'm leaning more towards the former.
My net hasn't been working for over 12 hours now, restarted the damn thing a few times but no internet connection. Contacted my ISP who refreshed the connection from their end and they said nothing is wrong.
Net bill is paid and all Windows can tell me is that there is a connection issue between my router and the ISP.
Got a new router but won't be able to test it til 9 hours later after work =_=

aw350

Banned
Friggin' hell
Either my ISP is having major technical issues or I need a new router, I'm leaning more towards the former.
My net hasn't been working for over 12 hours now, restarted the damn thing a few times but no internet connection. Contacted my ISP who refreshed the connection from their end and they said nothing is wrong.
Net bill is paid and all Windows can tell me is that there is a connection issue between my router and the ISP.
Got a new router but won't be able to test it til 9 hours later after work =_=

Using tracert to determine where the connection breaks sounds like a logical next step. (In command line, do something like: tracert -d 8.8.8.8 --- then look at which host will respond last. If that's your router, check into its settings, if that's your ISP, the problem is theirs.)

Dr Dogg

I'm assuming the DLC plans tickled a few peeps in the right spot, increases via ability by jump up the top sellers list, folks see the third teir is getting closer and decide to take a punt and caused this chain of events that's popped Zesty in the top 10. Better analyst than Pachter!

ezodagrom

Well, it's #6 in the top sellers list. For no discernible reason really, the release is still over a week out. What happened?
I'm guessing once it reached 70%, more people decided to pre-order, which resulted in more exposure due to the top sellers list, which resulted in more sales?

Vuze

Ugh, really not sure what to spend my GMG credit on before it expires... the titles I'm most interested in which they have up for pre-order are from Square Enix (aka will be super cheap and frequently in deals after a short amount of time) or are way cheaper in other places (Mad Max i.e.). Not gonna pay 60 bucks for Fallout 4 and apart from that... I dunno. #firstworldproblems for sure

Might try to get it converted to PayPal credit

I'm assuming the DLC plans tickled a few peeps in the right spot, increases via ability by jump up the top sellers list, folks see the third teir is getting closer and decide to take a punt and caused this chain of events that's popped Zesty in the top 10. Better analyst than Pachter!
They had chariot at idolm@ster
Im thinking of getting the insurance so i can dump some good soldiers in my FOB so i can invade ppl safely without the risk of losing my bros. did my first invasion last night and it was pretty fun, luckily i didn't alert the player

CSD is getting Steam Controller support next week. Initially it was for November

tumblr_inline_nvx30kU6FO1rad51e_1280.png

First off, the Steam Controller has been added to the list of controllers supported by CSD. I’ve implemented a new UI for the buttons to better illustrate how to manipulate the touchpads on the controller. For more details and some impressions, be sure to check out my blog post from a few weeks back.

I’m adding a special CSD preset for the Steam Controller so that all you have to do is boot up the game and it’ll be instantly configured for the gamepad. I’ll also be posting an official guide that gives some general tips and tricks on using the controller, etc. It’s been a ton of fun playing with the controller and figuring out how best to implement it into the game, and while the sequel will expand on it a great deal more, I think this implementation is pretty darn fun. You’ll get to try it yourself next week!

http://chubigans.tumblr.com/post/130766184574/dev-blog-cook-serve-delicious-v320-preview

and also DS3 support

Tizoc

Using tracert to determine where the connection breaks sounds like a logical next step. (In command line, do something like: tracert -d 8.8.8.8 --- then look at which host will respond last. If that's your router, check into its settings, if that's your ISP, the problem is theirs.)

Thanks for this, will test it out when I get home.

Durante

CSD maintaining its position as pack leader in input device support in all game. Great job. Great game as well, incidentally.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are mgs5 and swordcoast
legends buyable and usable from eu if picket up on nuuvem? Thanks

MGSV isn't actually all that much cheaper on Nuuvem; BRL$200 is roughly USD$53.15, so you'd be slightly better off contacting fantomena and having him gift you a copy on Steam itself. Sword Coast Legends is fine, though, but you'll need to use a VPN to buy it.

BF4 is really good, especially after the nine billion patches that have come out for it. I can't count the number of hours I've put into that game. But it's very different from Battlefront. I'm loving the Battlefront beta. So much that I pre-ordered the deluxe edition. As someone who played a ton of Battlefront II, it's like a modernized version of that, but not an exact copy. I love how simple and easy it is to jump into. I can just have fun playing it. BF4 is a lot more focused on gunz and serious military shit
and things like placing C4 in front of elevator doors and then waiting for someone to use the elevator so you can blow them up
. :p
Uh huh, did not think you are into Battlefield. Pretty cool and the way you explain, it sounds fun.

Monooboe

MGSV isn't actually all that much cheaper on Nuuvem; BRL$200 is roughly USD$53.15, so you'd be slightly better off contacting fantomena and having him gift you a copy on Steam itself. Sword Coast Legends is fine, though, but you'll need to use a VPN to buy it.

Tried VPNing Sword Cost Legends and doesn't seem to work, it goes as far as paypal. Tried multiple times on different computers and browsers. Yeah I really do want that game for that price.:D

bigzgod

Are mgs5 and swordcoast
legends buyable and usable from eu if picket up on nuuvem? Thanks

Although they are technically expired, last I heard, the MGSV Nvidia codes are still usable, if you know anyone with them still laying around. That should probably be cheaper.

bigzgod

Tried VPNing Sword Cost Legends and doesn't seem to work, it goes as far as paypal. Tried multiple times on different computers and browsers. Yeah I really do want that game for that price.:D

From what I've been hearing, a significant portion of Nuuvem are now strictly purchase locked, where they actually won't sell to you unless your address is in Brazil. Guess the publishers are cracking down hard on Nuuvem sales.

Your best bet is to actually ask someone in Brazil to purchase it for you, since the key itself isn't locked. Unfortunately, paypal is a pain since any funds transferred to those in Brazil incur a PP fee, even as a gift. Just an fyi if you're thinking of going that route.

JaseC

Your best bet is to actually ask someone in Brazil to purchase it for you, since the key itself isn't locked. Unfortunately, paypal is a pain since any funds transferred to those in Brazil incur a PP fee, even as a gift. Just an fyi if you're thinking of going that route.

Even that route is a little tricky. Nuuvem supports neither gift purchases nor multiple purchases of the one item, so whoever assists needs to be absolutely sure they don't want the game for themselves.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Porradaria Upgrade -- MB-B0AFCFCAB0189677 - Taken by Vuze

Take it

fertygo

Even that route is a little tricky. Nuuvem supports neither gift purchases nor multiple purchases of the one item, so whoever assists needs to be absolutely sure they don't want the game for themselves.

Creating another account is simple tho, and indeed work for buying same game.. the limit only tied to nuveem account itself

JaseC

Creating another account is simple tho, and indeed work for buying same game.. the limit only tied to nuveem account itself

Yeah, I know (I've long had two or three myself), but there are few South Americans on here and them having to create throwaway Gmail accounts and Nuuvem accounts would be pushing your luck.

bigzgod

What's the cheapest Steam store price for Zestiria that is freely giftable? Norway?

Yup, Norway. $42.05. Canada isn't that much off as well at $42.46 and it's easier to find someone from Canada to buy the game for you compared to Norway, at least in my experience.

aw350

Banned
Yeah, I know (I've long had two or three myself), but there are few South Americans on here and them having to create throwaway Gmail accounts and Nuuvem accounts would be pushing your luck.

Can a Brazilian proxy (eg, brazilproxy.com) work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom