• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Playing some dark souls 2, been going really well for a while but just got to shrine of amana and IT'S BULLSHIT.

There is just too many mages and I'm playing glasscannon build, which lead to me running trying to get close to them and boom, half HP from some magic missile thing from the other side of the map.

Maniac

Banned
Speaking of non-Steam related news, who else is excited for Citizen Con today? They are going to announce the Squadron 42 celebrity cast, the rumored Mark Hamill hype is real.

Mark Hamill would be sooooo awesome. I'm personally looking forward to seeing more about the Star Marine module or whatever it's called. I want me some shooty bang-bangs. I did see the explosion & damage-system vidoe though, which looks... Incredible.

Playing some dark souls 2, been going really well for a while but just got to shrine of amana and IT'S BULLSHIT.

There is just too many mages and I'm playing glasscannon build, which lead to me running trying to get close to them and boom, half HP from some magic missile thing from the other side of the map.

And that's already the nerfed version.
When the game came out their spells had way way stronger homing.

The way it is now is quite easy in comparison

fantomena

It really is. And also Origin.

Fuck that shit. Fuck Star Wars games in general, cause fuck EA and Origin.

SMH Disney. SMH.

Well, kinda have to study now, but just gotta say that Battlefront 2 was waaay more entertaining than DICEs Battlefront.

And no, it's not because I find FPS games boring in general, I had a lot of fun with Blops 3.

Anteater

watchdogs isn't bad so far, played the first act of the game.

the game is pretty much structured like the other ubisoft open world games, hack a tower blah blah, bunch of sidequests/collectibles and such

the game controls pretty well and it's really responsive, but it's basically a modern cover tps but not much worse than most of them, with a layer of hacking gimmick, you can do a few things with hacking, things like making an enemy explode, hack the environments to raise cover spots, distract enemies, and so forth, you could mix stealth and rambo together although the AIs aren't particularly smart, I think it's still entertaining.

most of the missions so far requires you to figure out how to unlock a door or something, which requires you look around an area and learn how to get to a switch, and it serves as some kind of light puzzle, I think it's sorta cool.

I'm enjoying it and find it kind of funny, at least combat wise I like it better than gta games

duppolo

i would like to buy normal version of sword coast legend at 17 but i cant: can someone help me? thanks
also, if someone has a mgsv code to selle, im in!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm enjoying it and find it kind of funny, at least combat wise I like it better than gta games

I thought the shooting in GTA5 was superior to Watch_Dogs, but I did enjoy how the silenced weapons and stealth takedowns allowed you to clear whole areas without an open gunfight in a lot of the combat scenarios in WD.

AsfaeksBR

Ok, so I opened Steam and it popped up a box saying that I could add a phone number to enhance the protection of my account.

I clicked it but nothing opened. Then I went to the Settings to see where it was and try again, but I can't find it.

Anyone knows where this option is?

Ok, so I opened Steam and it popped up a box saying that I could add a phone number to enhance the protection of my account.

I clicked it but nothing opened. Then I went to the Settings to see where it was and try again, but I can't find it.

Anyone knows where this option is?

Settings -> View account details

I couldn't add it and others on reddit said that as well. It gives an error.

edit: it worked now

Anteater

I thought the shooting in GTA5 was superior to Watch_Dogs, but I did enjoy how the silenced weapons and stealth takedowns allowed you to clear whole areas without an open gunfight in a lot of the combat scenarios in WD.

oh I still haven't played gta5 :(

I get what they're going for with WD though, maybe the execution could be better, but it's still pretty entertaining with what it has

Ribeiro

For some strange reason, buying with a VPN has never worked for me on Origin. PP always declines the payment, maybe it's because I have verified PP and they check the address? It's weird.

My Paypal is verified also, dont think thats the problem. Maybe your credit card is blocked for buying from strange and uncommon countrys.

Anastasia

Well, kinda have to study now, but just gotta say that Battlefront 2 was waaay more entertaining than DICEs Battlefront.

And no, it's not because I find FPS games boring in general, I had a lot of fun with Blops 3.

I have to disagree, and I played so much of II. I think the beta captures the spirit of II really well, while changing certain things (like vehicle spawns) in smart ways. It doesn't handle exactly the same, but it's very similar for the most part. I'm really looking forward to trying the other modes in the full game, and seeing how DICE handles stuff like supremacy.

Uh huh, did not think you are into Battlefield. Pretty cool and the way you explain, it sounds fun.

I really like shooters. :p

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
It's currently $2 at bundlestars.
Thanks for the heads up! I've been waiting for it to get a discount on the steam store because I had card money, but 2 bucks isn't bad.

Ugh, really not sure what to spend my GMG credit on before it expires... the titles I'm most interested in which they have up for pre-order are from Square Enix (aka will be super cheap and frequently in deals after a short amount of time) or are way cheaper in other places (Mad Max i.e.). Not gonna pay 60 bucks for Fallout 4 and apart from that... I dunno. #firstworldproblems for sure

Might try to get it converted to PayPal credit
Wait, GMG credit expires??

Durante

Zestiria is up to 76% already.

...what can I say, I understand the exploitative psychological nature of these pre-order bonuses well enough, but I still enjoy watching bars go up.

For some strange reason, buying with a VPN has never worked for me on Origin. PP always declines the payment, maybe it's because I have verified PP and they check the address? It's weird.
What i do is always have some money on paypal itself and use that money when buying from nuuvem or proxied origin

Lomax

Wait, GMG credit expires??

Someone posted an email saying all Playfire/GMG credit will expire November 13th. However, I don't know anyone else who got that email (and damn near everyone in this thread had some Playfire credit at some point), so if there is a major program change coming that applies to everyone, they definitely aren't making it widely known yet.

Uzzy

Huh, just checked the steam page and I can't see the daily. Weird.

It's explained in his theme lyrics:

"Your time is up, my time is now
- STEALTH MODE ACTIVATED
"

It's just that those lyrics are also in auditory and written stealth

You mean 'JOHN CENA SUCKS, JOHN CENA SUCKS'

cause those are his theme lyrics.

GRaider81

Really enjoying Battlefront myself. Granted it has a whole tonne to do with it being Star Wars though. Replace the skins with military gear and it would be pretty dull imo. Flying some of those ships will never get old.

But yeah fuck origin. I hate that it's on my computer,

Jawmuncher

I don't mind battlefront, but I still wish it played more like Battlefront 2. I preferred the classes and vehicles being on the maps. Not a fan of most stuff being pick ups on the maps.

Mad Max question.

To Completely clear the threats in a region do you have to do all races in that region perfectly? Parts of Jeets teritorries are yellow but there is no more landmines, convoys, scarecrows ect.

Mad Max question.

To Completely clear the threats in a region do you have to do all races in that region perfectly? Parts of Jeets teritorries are yellow but there is no more landmines, convoys, scarecrows ect.

No you don't, are you sure you have everything checked off? I know I had a problem finding all the minefields.

duppolo

Normally its more cheaper on the Mexico Store, or at least it was, And i already bought origin games in others stores, and never had problem.
Ribeiro can you please help me to buy Sword coast legends from brazil? If you know how to allo buy mgsv at a cheap price, you e il be The beat in The world

ArjanN

I think I know what he's talking about
Second dungeon when you have to use the orb to cool off certain platforms

Honestly Ori is pretty easy overall. There's the occasional moment where spikes blend into the background too much but otherwise it's fine. Even the escape sequences which people complained about aren't actually that hard at all, and everywhere else you can just make lots of save points.

Vlad

Honestly Ori is pretty easy overall. There's the occasional moment where spikes blend into the background too much but otherwise it's fine. Even the escape sequences which people complained about aren't actually that hard at all, and everywhere else you can just make lots of save points.

If anything, I found Ori to be rather bland. Sure, it looked gorgeous, but the actual game itself was fairly straightforward with boring combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom