• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
mhF3SG.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
Playing some dark souls 2, been going really well for a while but just got to shrine of amana and IT'S BULLSHIT.

There is just too many mages and I'm playing glasscannon build, which lead to me running trying to get close to them and boom, half HP from some magic missile thing from the other side of the map.

yea shrine of amana is pretty awful

i generally just summon the lady knight there to draw aggro from the mages

but that place is super annoying

L.O.R.D

just finished Transformers Devastation with my friend on PS4

this is really good game, how ever,i felt its too repetitive , and many places are used again, it felt really lazy
the combos are good , but not that deep
if you wanna play it , only use 1 character per full play , don't change the character all the time
and like everyone noticed , the game is really short

i agree with GT review this time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWrw6QqTzMY

oh , and for the people who gonna pick it on X1 or PC and uses the old X1 controller , good luck with that RB button

maybe i'll pick up the game on steam when it hit $10 , how the PC version ? is it good port ?

also for people who finished it
is it nova prime ? what is he doing here ?
i though he was in that ship in the space , what was that thing ?

Is John Cena - The Videogame any good?

Here is a random review:

"If you've played a wrestling game and thought to yourself "Man, I hate having the freedom to create Divas and otherwise incredibly wacky characters with disproportionate bodies and hate having a lot of freedom in my character creation" then this gae is for you. It's pretty much a game engine and a few wrestlers (with more you can unlock) but with almost no creativity in it. If you just want a wrestling game where you can play as Hulk Hogan and ♥♥♥♥♥ slap john Cena, that's here. But if you want to see Benjamin Franklin wrestle against a demon, you will be sorely disapointed as I am.

Wrestling games have had a long history of being able to create quirky and strange characters, and that has been at least 90% of the fun. It's sad that the first WWE game to come to PC (legitimatly) is a stipped down bare bones version of its formal self that only WWE enthusiasts will truly enjoy. Anyone else should steer clear and hope for something better to come out. "

Durante

If anything, I found Ori to be rather bland. Sure, it looked gorgeous, but the actual game itself was fairly straightforward with boring combat.
I disagree with that, heavily.

The bread and butter of a platformer are movement mechanics, and the movement mechanics in Ori were innovative, varied and perfectly executed.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I'm doing another Quiplash/Jackbox Party Pack Fun Night tonight at the usual time, since it's been a while since the last one and the Jackbox Party Pack 2 comes out in a few days.

header.jpg

header.jpg

You don't need to own the game to play!

The stream will be at http://www.hitbox.tv/DongsMacabre
I'll be recording the stream and uploading it to YouTube after.

t1444525200z4.png

That's 6pm Pacific and 9pm Eastern

Rules:
1. You must bring a bag of milk.

KarmaCow

Dear god, those damn Payday 2 notifications, why do I keep getting them and why can't I leave the group?

There's an event going on where the players are doing a bunch of challenges to unlock stuff. One of the challenges is getting 30k people in-game at once and we're at 29k right now.

If you want to leave the group you need to go the store page and unclick follow. It's confusing because the current steam community is a mishmash of several iterations that don't quite overlap properly.

There's an event going on where the players are doing a bunch of challenges to unlock stuff. One of the challenges is getting 30k people in-game at once and we're at 29k right now.

Yeah but I'm not in the group and I don't want those event annoucements every 5 minutes.

Edit: So, why does 2 groups that I'm actually not a member in show up in my groups tab in the friends list?
Edit2: Oh, you need to stop following them: http://steamcommunity.com/my/followedgames/ (zkylon alert)

Normally its more cheaper on the Mexico Store, or at least it was, And i already bought origin games in others stores, and never had problem.
I can't access the Mexican store with FlyVPN but someone posted a screenshot here showing that it's $40 so Brazil seems like a better bet. Thanks for the reply, I'll take the plunge when I next get paid. The beta really swayed my opinion from 'I'll wait until launch impressions' to 'I want it ASAP so I'll rely on Origin's refund policy if it launches like Battlefield 4'.

Anastasia

I'm doing another Quiplash/Jackbox Party Pack Fun Night tonight at the usual time, since it's been a while since the last one and the Jackbox Party Pack 2 comes out in a few days.

header.jpg

header.jpg

You don't need to own the game to play!

The stream will be at http://www.hitbox.tv/DongsMacabre
I'll be recording the stream and uploading it to YouTube after.

t1444525200z4.png

That's 6pm Pacific and 9pm Eastern

Rules:
1. You must bring a bag of milk.

What if I bring milk in a carton

Tizoc

So I finally finished playing this
corpse-party-book-of-shadows.jpg

And that ending is so much WTF.

They need to get that OG Corpse Party game ready for Steam already. Granted they may miss October but I'm very interested in playing the original game even if it is...less fucked up than the new series.

MadGear

Battlefront is boring.

That's all. Bye.

I have to agree with you because the more I played it, the more I disliked it. I would actually have preferred this game way more if it was proper Star Wars: BattleField, because if this is what Battlefront used to be - a simplified and worse version of Battlefield - then I no longer feel like I missed out. The pickup system in this game feels way out of place and is dissatisfying in every way possible. With the way maps and respawns are designed the game also feels a lot faster than Battlefield, but also very very dumb because it is designed so that you die and kill fast and nothing about this feels rewarding. Its presentation, both in visuals and audio is amazing, but it's really hard for me to find anything I like about the game itself.

Jawmuncher

I have to agree with you because the more I played it, the more I disliked it. I would actually have preferred this game way more if it was proper Star Wars: BattleField, because if this is what Battlefront used to be - a simplified and worse version of Battlefield - then I no longer feel like I missed out. The pickup system in this game feels way out of place and is dissatisfying in every way possible. With the way maps and respawns are designed the game also feels a lot faster than Battlefield, but also very very dumb because it is designed so that you die and kill fast and nothing about this feels rewarding. Its presentation, both in visuals and audio is amazing, but it's really hard for me to find anything I like about the game itself.

I've been thinking the same thing. While I don't mind Battlefront. It's funny how much I would have preferred it just being a Battlefield Clone.

they changed how the groups work for games so that you follow games instead.

happened quite awhile ago, a year at least

Possibly, you gotta love how Steam handled it though.
Even in the groups tab (in friends list), it says "Leave the group" and redirects you to the group page.
I tried to go back to the "Following" page, but couldn't find it.
Opened my link again and there it is, hidden somewhere (give it a try, find it if you don't already know where it is).

Anteater

Speaking of Bioshock, any chance they will add achievements to this? I know they patched 2 to have it.

I've been holding off on playing it in case they do...

hmm did they not update the first game?

there isn't much they could update now outside of achievements, i doubt they'll go back to it

So I finally finished playing this
corpse-party-book-of-shadows.jpg

And that ending is so much WTF.

They need to get that OG Corpse Party game ready for Steam already. Granted they may miss October but I'm very interested in playing the original game even if it is...less fucked up than the new series.
You can't play the original without a guide unless you want to punch an inflatable clown over and over again. Didn't bother to get too into it because of that. I prefer VNs that respect my time

Grief.exe

Speaking of Bioshock, any chance they will add achievements to this? I know they patched 2 to have it.

I've been holding off on playing it in case they do...

Well they patched Bioshock 2 to get rid of GFWL, resolution, and control issues. Adding achievements to BioShock 1 would be nice, but doesn't represent near the ROI that the second game represented.

DocSeuss

IdleMaster does not appear to be actually running or idling my games. :(

Sorry I haven't been around much. Reading 500-1000 pages a week for school, not to mention doing a bunch of writeups. This consulting work has been challenging. And today, I'ma go tell my dog goodbye before they put him down.

Parsnip

Alright, MGS5 uninstalled, 128 hours put into that thing. That's also my 20th game finished for the year.

I think I need something short and sweet to cleanse the palette. Anyone got any suggestions?

I was actually thinking about digging out my snes and pop in Link to the Past for a moment, but maybe later in the year.

and with this Cena talk...what's the consensus on WWe 2k15? i played it a bit on a friend's house, and the rivalries mode seemed fun, but i'm not sure its worth buying it. Any opinions?

Anteater

It's getting remastered for PS4/X1 supposedly (I think all 3 games?) so there's a chance that could show up on PC, I suppose. Y'know, since it's not Capcom behind it all.

all those half assed remastered tho, dishonored seems like a straight port to ps4/xb1.

DmC actually has some changes and they didn't bring it over, because that would make too much sense

duppolo

I can help in case anyone here needs a game in nuuvem :)

Also ive been playing Arcana Hearts 3 a lot lately , really good game with interesting mechanics, i would have liked that the game had a tutorial instead of me having to search wikis though

Hi, can u help me with sword coast legends? thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom