• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

louiedog

c1ae8ef510.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Starting Windows 10 install.

Ore wa mou shinderu?

win 10 is ok, some really dumb things about it like calculator is really shitty and a lot of weird things that seem not sure if they're meant for tablets or desktops, but it's fine. i like it boots up super quick and all the animations and whatever are pretty

install is super seamless too

Add me on Origin, the premier destination for your PC gaming needs.

ricochetguro

Buy a real calculator or use Wolfram Alpha :3 There's a mobile version too.

Dr Dogg

"PC Gaming" shows empty section of nothing. Even my local GAME has 2 shelves, yes 2 whole shelves of PC stuff. Alright mainly Blizzard games and cheap indie guff that strangely got a physical release mixed in with the odd copy of Footy Man, Total War, A GTA or 2 and some Ubi stuff but that's more than the nonexistant WiiU section now taken up by an army of amiibos.

who uses the calculator anyway you weirdo

Yeah! I'm all about my abacus.

zkylon

zkylewd
Buy a real calculator or use Wolfram Alpha :3 There's a mobile version too.

i just need a quick thingie to do some simple math

win 7 calculator was perfect. win 8 had two calculators cos win 8 is dumb

win 10 only has a dumb calculator that takes too long to open

i'll just code my own calculator lol

FloatOn

I completed the game, but I don't really get what you are talking about.

(It's also my favourite game of its type in years)

The entire difficulty that comes from Ori and the blind forest is not touching the thorn bushes that are literally everywhere. I feel like they could have been a bit more creative than that.

sorry if this has been answered before...

for Zestiria will they have the Japanese audio available for the PC version or is it English dub only?

Fixed the spacebar on one of my keyboards that I thought I broke.

The solution was so simple.

Logitech should still not do these dumb keyboards with metal bars though.

That's fairly standard for mechs.

That's the thing though. I don't have an actual mechanical keyboard.

It's the one right before their mechanical one. That said though I didn't know that was standard for mechanical ones. Guess ill have to get used to it then if I ever want one then.

def sim

The entire difficulty that comes from Ori and the blind forest is not touching the thorn bushes that are literally everywhere. I feel like they could have been a bit more creative than that.

It's a platformer in the same vein as Super Meat Boy so maybe it's just not your kinda game. SMB was way harder and is death pit/spike city.

That's the thing though. I don't have an actual mechanical keyboard.

It's the one right before their mechanical one. That said though I didn't know that was standard for mechanical ones. Guess ill have to get used to it then if I ever want one then.

Those stabilizers are a pain, yeah. Some mechs have cherry stabilizers that'll allow you to pull them out and put them back in like a lego piece, though I can't remember which.

Lingitiz

It may look good, but the actual gameplay is getting mixed impressions at best.

It feels so...barebones. It actually looks really polished and runs quite well, so part of me thinks they tried to keep it really simple rather than shipping a broken mess this holiday since they were definitely not going to miss the holiday movie timing.

Jawmuncher

It feels so...barebones. It actually looks really polished and runs quite well, so part of me thinks they tried to keep it really simple rather than shipping a broken mess this holiday since they were definitely not going to miss the holiday movie timing.

Yeah it feels like they wanted to play it safe while not being called a battlefield clone.
Even though a lot of impressions, that is what most people wanted lol.

Lingitiz

Yeah it feels like they wanted to play it safe while not being called a battlefield clone.
Even though a lot of impressions, that is what most people wanted lol.

Part of the problem is it plays like some weird stripped down half step between the two. They should have either committed to the "Battlefield with a Star Wars skin" thing or built upon the mechanics from the original Battlefront games. Instead you just have this game that is kind of weak in comparison to both. I wouldn't say it's bad, it's just kind of unremarkable and boring. There's nothing really new or unique about how it plays.

It's a shame considering the graphics are incredible and the sound design is top notch. They really nailed the atmosphere and look of the franchise well. I just don't think it's something worth $60 when there's other cheaper and better MP options out there, and Halo 5 as competition this holiday.

Jawmuncher

Part of the problem is it plays like some weird stripped down half step between the two. They should have either committed to the "Battlefield with a Star Wars skin" thing or built upon the mechanics from the original Battlefront games. Instead you just have this game that is kind of weak in comparison to both. I wouldn't say it's bad, it's just kind of unremarkable and boring. There's nothing really new or unique about how it plays.

It's a shame considering the graphics are incredible and the sound design is top notch. They really nailed the atmosphere and look of the franchise well. I just don't think it's something worth $60 when there's other cheaper and better MP options out there, and Halo 5 as competition this holiday.

Pretty much nailed it. Hopefully they take the feedback for the inevitable Battlefront 2.

Nzyme32

Found an image I took from when Steam Broadcasting first released. Guess the Anime?!
I wouldn't know what it was even if you told me

C7o9BXO.png

Wow, glad I'm a backer
because the had 50% off the price on a small amount of copies once, last year
. Gary Oldman is one of my favourite actors. I hope he reprises his role as George Smiley, purely for some ridiculous reason... like he got space madness or something.

Nzyme32

Hey, hey, hey, PC Gamer! What about Liam Cunningham and Rhona Mitra and to not mention Craig 'Dirty Dan' Fairbrass is a crying shame. You can tell that outlet is 99% US led these days and pretty much all of their British roots are memories of the past.

Oh wow. Cunningham has been amazing in GoT

Dr Dogg

Oh wow. Cunningham has been amazing in GoT

But 'not quite as famous' apparently.

It's just been announced at CitizenCon that the ambitious space sim thingy stars Gary Oldman. Yep, Gary Oldman from Batman, The Fifth Element, and other films. BUT WAIT it also stars Gillian Anderson off them X-Files, acting alongside Mark Strong, Mark Hamill, John Rhys Davies, Andy Serkis, and more people who aren't quite as famous. Here's the image that announces the impressive cast list:

Obviously Tom Sykes never watched Dog Soldiers in a pissed up student house while at Uni because since seeing that the dude has always been on top form for me. I mean prior to the Rings films John Rhys Davies was a poor man's Brian Blessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom