• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
I'll give you Troy Baker, but North has crazy range -- what the hell.

His range may be crazy compared to the vast majority of the VAs within the videogame field, but compared to animation? Not in the slightest.

Nolan may have range, but not enough when he's in every fucking game ever.
Nolan has a lot more range and talent than people give him credit for. I mean yeah, he sounds the same in a number of different games, but he's still a talented VA. Same goes for Troy Baker. I thought he was fantastic in The Last of Us.

Yeah. Booker-whats-his-face was awesome in TLOU, I agree.

Nolan North voices like 10 heroes in Dota. He definitely doesn't have one voice lol. Give them good voice directing and they will deliver.

Maniac

Banned
Nolan North voices like 10 heroes in Dota. He definitely doesn't have one voice lol. Give them good voice directing and they will deliver.

In Dota there's also a lot of actual audio-processing involved though.

But that's true I guess, atleast when he's not playing a friggin' human.
I don't think this matters unless you can pick up on it instantly. Which is rarely the case.

True.

It is very much the case with Baker though, in my experience.

Dr Dogg

More like

Voice Directors RCS has worked for > Voice Directors North & Baker have worked for.

We agree on a lot of things

Probably also true

When a fan ask him to redub the lines for Ezio in Chronicles (because for some odd reason Ubi didn't go back to him) he had this to say.

"These lines were recorded without the astute direction of Amanda Wyatt (my voice director on the AC games), as well as without the assistance of Ida Darvish and Peter Arpesella (my dialect coaches on the AC games) - all without whom the character of Ezio would not exist.

"If I've butchered the accent or botched the performance for these lines - that's all on me! Many thanks to Ubisoft and to the fans for your support of this epic gaming franchise. Insieme per la Vittoria! [We stand together!]"

Dude's just a real pro really, obviously acknowledges the work of others in the voice over team and kudos for doing that for nowt. Here's the vid in question.

Anastasia

They're both doing what's asked of them. Blame the lack of variety on the voice direction. If you look at the roles they've had over the years you'd be surprised

Hell baker did the voice for one of the party members in persona 4 and he was great at it.

I agree, I think it mainly comes down to voice direction. These are all talented dudes. It just depends on the role and what's needed and how good/bad the voice director is.

Sweet. No worries. Maybe BF games will be had for cheap next Origin Sale
if such thing exists :s

I looked into it and I guess at one point BF3 was available for free. But that was a while ago. I wish I had known about that. ;_;

Deitus

I wonder if people consider Hollywood actors to be terrible if you can recognize them immediately. I mean occasionally you'll get a film that will go out of their way to change the appearance of a famous star (either with prosthetics, or just hair and makeup), but for the most part Brad Pitt (or whatever famous actor of your choice) looks like Brad Pitt in pretty much every movie. And he sounds like Brad Pitt, except when he's putting on a heavy accent. I think there's been maybe one movie I've seen him in where I didn't immediately realize "that's Brad Pitt", and I can't even remember what movie that was.

I think the more important facet of voice acting is being able to convincingly portray a character, and adopt mannerisms that can effectively express the traits of the character, not simply how well one can disguise one's voice. But of course, voice direction plays a huge part in that as well.

Plus, it makes it easier to get jobs when people can actually recognize and remember your work.

zkylon

zkylewd
really? wow

he's not in league for some reason

we got troy baker at least

I wonder if people consider Hollywood actors to be terrible if you can recognize them immediately. I mean occasionally you'll get a film that will go out of their way to change the appearance of a famous star (either with prosthetics, or just hair and makeup), but for the most part Brad Pitt (or whatever famous actor of your choice) looks like Brad Pitt in pretty much every movie. And he sounds like Brad Pitt, except when he's putting on a heavy accent. I think there's been maybe one movie I've seen him in where I didn't immediately realize "that's Brad Pitt", and I can't even remember what movie that was.

I think the more important facet of voice acting is being able to convincingly portray a character, and adopt mannerisms that can effectively express the traits of the character, not simply how well one can disguise one's voice. But of course, voice direction plays a huge part in that as well.

Plus, it makes it easier to get jobs when people can actually recognize and remember your work.
i mean, sure, but there's also actors typecasting which is not great either

pahamrick

When a fan ask him to redub the lines for Ezio in Chronicles (because for some odd reason Ubi didn't go back to him) he had this to say.

Dude's just a real pro really, obviously acknowledges the work of others in the voice over team and kudos for doing that for nowt. Here's the vid in question.

Well, obviously but my statement was meant more along the lines that the voice director is the one giving the direction on what voice to use. RCS already had direction on Ezio, so that was more down to his perfection.

It's not really fair to blame North or even Baker if the voice director wants them to use essentially their normal speaking voice.

Deitus

i mean, sure, but there's also actors typecasting which is not great either

Sure, which is why people tend to hate North and Baker in the first place, because they keep playing the same roles over and over again. For the most part, I'm not going to blame someone for taking a job that pays well.

But at a certain point, actors do need to become more selective in order to not pigeon-hole themselves. I don't know enough about the VA industry to know if being selective is actually practical though. All VAs I know of seem to act in a lot of games (as well as cartoons/anime and even commercials) in a year, so it seems like they are taking whatever jobs they can get most of the time. I doubt each job pays super well, which is probably a big factor in these strikes.

FloatOn

Some hardcore fps elitism in here. It's a Star Wars game, do you really expect it to be that serious?

I just got done playing a few rounds and I like the brain dead action. It being polished as hell in the presentation department also helps.

Things I learned today:

DiRT Rally has a Brazillian/SA sub. No go from Nuuvem.
Sword Coast Legends won't let non-SA paypal purchase it from Nuuvem.
Because of this, I didn't even bother with Vermintide either.

Uzzy

Hahaha...

With my FM CV I reckon I might have a shoot at the actual England job. Of course if the FA are crazy to appoint me it will all end in tears Mike Basset style.

So we'd actually do the country proud and perform superbly in a World Cup if you took the job? Interesting.

r3n4ud

Things I learned today:

DiRT Rally has a Brazillian/SA sub. No go from Nuuvem.
Sword Coast Legends won't let non-SA paypal purchase it from Nuuvem.
Because of this, I didn't even bother with Vermintide either.

Why not Vermintide? I picked it up without issue with a vpn.

Nzyme32

All those actors. That must have cut from their funds. Why? Why spend so much to have so many famous actors?

The bet will be that having a star filled cast will attract attention and interest, and they'll use that to drive better sales.

They already practically confirm that there current thinking is to let the backers have everything, but that they will sell Squadron 42 separately from the rest - which is because "they both ended up bigger than originally planned"

I am going to attempt to run NBA 2K16 on the laptop I'm using, and try to find what exactly that pre-order bonus gave me. I think I'm more interested in opening card packs than the actual game itself.

And it's 46 GBs, for Christ's sake.

Hahaha...

With my FM CV I reckon I might have a shoot at the actual England job. Of course if the FA are crazy to appoint me it will all end in tears Mike Basset style.

lol

I wonder how mine would fare? Anyways, I heard a few years back a 10 year FM player did land a managerial job in some country by beating all the other candidates.

The bet will be that having a star filled cast will attract attention and interest, and they'll use that to drive better sales.

They already practically confirm that there current thinking is to let the backers have everything, but that they will sell Squadron 42 separately from the rest - which is because "they both ended up bigger than originally planned"
That sounds interesting. The persistent-universe part of SC always looked very hardcore oriented. Spinning off a star-laden campaign to a broader audience sounds like a good plan. They will bring the later to consoles as well? Witcher 3 seemed to have made a great decision by going there
and mad money :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Thinking some more about Indivisible's struggles to get funded and the extent to which they are symptomatic of IndieGoGo versus something intrinsic to the project or game being offered.

Here are a list of video games on IndieGoGo which funded at least $20,000.

1+ million
No projects

500k-1mil
Skullgirls DLC - $828k, 15k pledgers (2013)
Tobuscus Adventures - $644k, 11k pledgers (2013)

250k-500k
Shaq-Fu 2 - $458k, 1,300 pledgers (2014)
Smosh Food Battle - $258k, 3,900 pledgers (2013)

125k-250k
Lacrosse - $161k, 1,900 backers (2014)
StarForce - $135k, 5k backers (2012)

50k-125k
Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm - $118k, 3,500 backers (2013)
Reiza Simracing Bonanza - $106k, 1,600 backers (2015)
StarCrafts Mod - $95k, 2,000 backers (2015)
ADOM - $90k, 1,600 backers (2012)
CrossCode - 90k euro, 2,300 backers (2015)
Tower Unite - $73k, 2,000 backers (2015)
The Fine Young Capitalists - $71k, 3,800 backers (2014)
Reset - 71k euro, 1,900 backers (2013)
Darkwood - $57k, 2,900 backers (2013)
Ghost of a Tale - 48k euro, 1,100 backers (2013)

20k-50k
Riot - $36k, 1,900 backers (2013)
Infinity Wars - $32k, 800 backers (2013)
DeadOut - $29k, 500 backers (2013)
Fran Bow - $28k, 1,100 backers (2013)
Gender Bender DNA Twister - $27k CAD, 700 backers (2013)
Giddam - $25k, 71 backers (2013)
WWII Online - $24k, 173 backers (2015)
Divergence Online - $24k, 366 backers (2013)
Kaiju-a-Gogo - $23k, 349 backers (2014)
Justice Beaver - $23k, 286 backers (2015)
Factorio - 21k euro, 1,700 backers (2013)
Beast's Fury - 21k, 417 backers (2013)
Crest - 21k, 118 backers (2014)
AdventureOS - 21k, 1,800 backers (2013)
Starship Corporation - 20k, 598 backers (2012)
Diplopia - 20k, 515 backers (2014)
Wildlands - 20k, 631 backers (2014)
Gods Will Be Watching - 20k euro, 871 backers (2013)
Titanic: Honor and Glory Phase 2 - 20k, 314 backers (2013)

I begin with the assumption that these projects represent most of the gaming money from IndieGoGo. Whether they represent 50% or 99% depends on the distribution of games below the 20k threshold, but I feel like most of the money is in the top projects.

Indivisible is asking for $1.5 million dollars (80% more than the most ever given to an IGG). I use the current backers (2,718) to determine the average campaign pledge, which I will then use to extrapolate to how many backers they need to hit the target. The current average is $75. As a result, they would need 20,000 backers to hit their target at the current rate (66% more pledgers than any project ever on IGG)

How many active gaming pledgers are there on IGG in 2015? Here's my napkin math. I add up all of the pledgers that gave to these projects in 2015. I charitably assume that each backer is a different person (i.e. that no one who backed one of these projects backed another). This will maximize the number of active pledgers. This gets me to 8,359 backers--only just over half the number of backers who backed Skullgirls. Perhaps this is unfair. As a result, I also add all of the pledgers who pledged these projects in 2014. So, let's assume that anyone who pledged a professional level project in the last two years pledged to Indivisible. Would Indivisible make it? No. They have only 16,505 pledgers through this math, just over the number they were able to get with Skullgirls.

Is there evidence that IGG is trending up or down? This is a tougher question. Clearly a descriptive look at the above data suggests 2013 was a peak for IGG. Maybe. It's hard to say, because we have a causal inference people. We can't separate the extent to which fewer big projects led to a smaller overall IGG take from the extent to which lower IGG usage led to fewer big projects. However, let's set aside this concern, and simply add up all the money pledged to these projects in 2015--see if that gets us to $1.5 million. It doesn't. It gets us to $431k. We add in 2014. Imagine that all of the money given to any professional gaming project in the last two years on IGG was instead diverted to Indivisible. Would they be able to be funded? No, we'd be at $1.13 million, still well south of the goal.

Perhaps I'm miscalculating badly. Maybe most projects don't make their funding goal, and so a lot of money and a lot of people are pledging on IGG but few of them are ever having to follow through because the final goals are not met. I use a few different investigative measures to evaluate this claim.

Method 1: How much money has been pledged to new projects this week outside Indivisible? That's I think a pretty worthy thing to explore. The answer? $2,138. I checked. There were 32 projects that received $0, 1 project that received <$25, 2 games between $25 and $100, and one game over $100. No one is on IndieGoGo giving money to projects.

Method 2: How much money has been pledged to projects ending within the next week? That's a cross-section of projects over the last 2 months. 60 Euro to "Closed, don't pledge! Globicide". Inspiring. $132 to Rule of Gods, $1,225 to East District 46 (funded), $299 to Sunken, $490 to Dogs of Combat, $1,600 to Racket Boy, $205 to Card Arcade 3D, $7,800 to Rabi-Rabi, $681 to Ludo Online. That's everything. Of every project ending this week, 8/9 are not going to fund, 1 is, and the total of all the pledges are $12,500

Method 3: How much money is currently outstanding in pledges on "Trending" games? This seems to include basically anything that has got a pledge, so this is a measure of basically everything pledged in the last 45 days-2 months, give or take... Outside of Indivisible's money, here's what we've got: $267k to Them's Fighting Herds (a MLP fighting game which has some shot of being funded). $13k to Jinko (unlikely to fund). $37k to Change the World with Games (funded). $2,045 to Aderyn's Cradle (will not fund), $4,105 to Divergence Online (will not fund), $1,600 to Racket Boy (will not fund), $35,000 to Retro VGS (is being cancelled), $1,225 to East District 46 (funded), $7,823 to Rabi-Rabi (not going to fund), 1,321 Euro to Tank Tactics (not going to fund) + 24 projects under $1,000 totalling $5,711 under 1. In other words, all of the money to given to any project, success or failure, over the last 2 months would 20% fund Indivisible. If you exclude Them's Fighting Herds, all of the money given in the last 2 months would <10% fund Indivisible.

All of these are very informal and incomplete. They're not a formal statistical investigation. They're not causal inference. They are not suitable for republishing on another site. Don't take my word for it. Do your own investigation. All of these numbers rely on IndieGoGo's very poor browsing/sorting tools, and they might not be exhaustive.

That being said, I believe:
- Not enough people have used IGG in the last few years to fund Indivisible. Indivisible could not have funded without attracting significant outside attention from people who have never used IGG before. Almost all of the pledges and almost all of the money will have had to be recruited from external sources.
- There is some evidence to suggest IGG is smaller now than it was a few years ago, so those who have used it are not necessarily sticking around
- There is no evidence to suggest that IGG's "featuring" or "promotion" is capable of driving money to your project.
- There is no evidence to suggest anyone on IGG since Skullgirls in 2013 has been about to attract enough external promotion to fund anything of remotely the same scope.
- The developer of Indivisible suggests that IndieGoGo is taking a smaller cut.

I believe it was an error to choose IndieGoGo rather than Kickstarter. To the extent that IGG had lower fees to the devs, this might at most offer 3-5% additional funding to the devs. Given the average pledge amount and being generous by saying IGG pledgers are 5% more efficient, we would only choose IGG if we felt KS would not be able to deliver 1,000 pledgers more than IGG did. I think it is foregone conclusion that it could.

Further, I believe it was an error to choose IndieGoGo over running their own Crowdfunding platform.

Asgaro

ogNJzlp.gif

Welcome to the October 2015 NeoGAF Steam thread! Your hot new source for Happy Birthday Anime Football reaction gifs.
ogGlkLY.jpg

dKdPRUj.png

Tales of Zestiria - jshackles
The 15th game in Namco's long-running Tales series, and is being billed as a return to form and goes back to the series' roots that were established in Tales of Phantasia. The game features a vast open-world overworld, interactive dungeons, action-based combat system, great music, and tons of items and equipment that can be used to learn new moves and abilities. Also, the game is absolutely gorgeous.

The story this time around follows a young human named Sorey who was raised by the Seraphim and wants to become a Shepherd who can claim power over creatures known as Hellions and to defeat their mysterious evil leader to save humanity. While the plot might sound pretty generic, the overall story arc is filled with a huge cast of characters each with their own special abilities based on different types of elemental damage.

The good news for those that purchase directly on Steam is that if enough people pre-order, the Steam version of Zestiria includes a free copy of Tales of Symphonia which is considered by many to be one of the best games in the series. As of this writing, there are 3 weeks left before the game releases and we are only 47% towards this last pre-order "stretch goal". Fingers crossed!

The bad news for PC gamers is that the game is locked to 30fps. Namco has said that it's because so much is tied into the game's battle system logic, so unfortunately even Durante probably won't be able to save us. However, kudos to Namco for letting us know beforehand and for being transparent in revealing this. On the plus side, they've assured us that the game will render all the way up to 4k and offer low, medium, and high anti-aliasing, shadow, and texture options in addition to twice the draw distance as the Playstation 3 version of the game.

pp1aXUE.png

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut - PARANO1A
Who doesn't love Diablo-style loot games? And you know what's even better than a great Diablo clone? Three of them, stapled together into a crispy treat. That's Van Helsing: Final Cut, which brings all of the games in the popular trilogy into a massive colossus of a thing, with dozens hours of entertainment. Taking the best bits of each game and merging them into a single experience, it's something new to those familiar, and crazy value to those that are new. With six unique classes, a unique companion mechanic, an end-game infinite adventure-style mode, and controller support for Comfy Couch (tm) goodness, it's a great pickup for loot fans. This will be the new benchmark for couch-driven loot gaming on the PC. Oh, and it's free to those that own the original trilogy. Can't beat that.

8fRvScV.png

Transformers: Devastation - Tizoc
Platinum game+G1 Transformers. What more needs to be said?

Well to give it more context, TF Devastation is published by Activision but is developed by Platinum games. Impressions from those that got the Console version early refer to it as having inspirations or elements from both Bayonetta and Vanquish as far as combat goes. Visually it uses a cel shaded look to make the G1 designs look the best a video game can have them look.

Despite having a small cast of only 5 characters: Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Wheeljack, Sideswipe and Grimlock; this being a Platinum game means it'll offer lots of replayability and entertaining fights to more than merit it's $50 tag, along with it's rocking soundtrack.

If you need more Platinum action goodness in your life, don't skip out on this game, likewise if you're a Transformers fan. Besides how many Transformers games let you do a Shoryuken on Devestator as Optimus Prime, or smack Starscream's face with a Double Lariat from Bumblebee, or even do a FLASH KICK on Megatron as Grimlock?

oJ3iOR2.png

Divinity: Original Sin: Enhanced Edition - milena87
SteamGAF's GOTY 2014 returns better than ever.
Everyone should be familiar with D:OS by now, but let's recap: you can create 2 heroes and have them bicker over every single thing that happens, you can recruit up to 2 other companions, there's the best turn-based combat in an RPG ever, good humor, an epic story and, possibly the most important thing, you can interact with almost every object you see.

This will inevitably lead to you stealing every single item in the first town, cunningly distracting the poor villagers while raiding their homes. It will take a few hours, but, once you'll finish selling the stolen goods back to those unsuspecting villagers, you won't need to worry about money anymore. I know, I know, this already sounds like a perfect game, so what could Larian possibly do to improve it?

Well, the biggest additions will be controller support and split-screen option of course. Larian also worked on the story, adding more characters, quests, locations, dialogue and apparently a completely new ending!
The gameplay was completely rebalanced and now promises to be even more engaging that before; they also added some new battle styles, like Dual Wielding and Grenades, and 2 new game modes, Explorer (for those who just want to enjoy the story and explore the world) and Honour (difficult fights, challenging puzzles and new monsters).
And this Enhanced Edition will also have a new user interface, better graphics and animations, improved sounds and visual effects. I remember they also talked about improving the crafting system, the only thing that didn't convince me in the vanilla game, but I haven't heard much about it since. Well, at the very least you can look forward to baking more pies and pizzas.

In short: play this. Especially if you like RPGs.

H6B3U8J.png

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone - milena87
At least 10 more hours of The Witcher 3 goodness should be enough to convince most people to get this first expansion, but let’s try to talk a bit more about it. The story in Hearts of Stone is not connected to the events told in the main game, so you can play this at any time, although the devs recommend to use a 30+ level Geralt. Our protagonist will be hired by the Man of Glass, aka the man that you encounter at the beginning of the main game in the tavern, during your search for Yennefer. In true Witcher fashion, you can complete this set of quests in different ways. The expansion will also add new side-quests, monster hunts, armor sets, a new romance and Runewords.

Runewords are a combination of different Glyphs that will grant special buffs, like increased resistence, or enhanced combat abilities. Apparently there will be a new NPC, a wizard named Ofirian, who will help Geralt researching these Runewords.

Oh, and you will also party with a ghost.

G0eASku.png

Paint it Back - Knurek
Picross* finally comes to Steam! What better way to test your quad-way 980 TI and i7-6700K system than the best puzzle game under the sun? Move over Hexcells, go home Lyne, the king is finally here.

While this is a mobile port, the dev re-coded it from scratch for PCs, adding keyboard, mouse and gamepad support, alongside some large puzzles that were not possible to do on a phone (40x30 puzzles, which can take more than an hour to solve). With 150 puzzles, like the all time classic "Satan Explaining to Bigfoot Why He Should’ve Gotten Baptized" or "Mugged While Tightrope Walking" you will have hours of guaranteed fun** with this game.

* ™®© Nintendo, Kyoto, Japan, pleasedon'tsue
** fun guaranteed for human beings, body-snatching Venusian poison slugs and energy beings from dimension 8.

5uWiZO9.png

Cnt5dnU.png

Final Fantasy V - jshackles
Final Fantasy V finally comes to the PC, but don't rejoice too quickly. While every true fan of the series knows this is one of the best games the series has to offer, PC players have grown accustomed to their games running better than their console counterparts.

Final Fantasy V originally released in Japan in 1992 on the Super Famicom and was a massive success there. Despite this, Square didn't feel like the game would work well in the West. When the game finally came stateside it was bundled with Final Fantasy VI and was plagued by a terrible translation and slow loading times. It wasn't until 2006 that we got the GBA version of V which many people still consider to be the best. In 2013 the game released for iOS and Android, which is the version of the game this PC release is based on. The updated "HD" graphics were universally panned by critics, and the placement of the Amano artwork in-game was jarring. Staying true to form, Square didn't listen to any of the criticism while porting this game to PC.

Despite it's rocky beginnings outside of Japan, most people that played it agree that the game mechanics are absolutely solid. The "Job" system that originated in III is back but this time better than ever - characters earn experience points during battle that are used to level up their currently equipped job. While equipping a different job you can select an ability earned by leveling up a previous job. It sounds more complicated than it is in practice, but it essentially means you can have a healer that can attack barehanded like a monk, or a summoner that can use the steal command like a thief. The combinations are nearly endless and you're only limited by your imagination and willingness to grind levels. The end result is absolute jRPG bliss.

So why is the PC version getting shit on by gamers and the press? As I mentioned above - the graphics were lifted directly from the mobile game which were near universally hated. The problem gets worse when you display the game at 1080p or higher, as the lines between the graphics tiles are really noticeable and quite jarring. On top of that, the game is riddled with bugs - some game-breaking (which I have personally experienced). In every sense of the word, this port is lazy. If you can look past this (and hopefully not encounter any critical bugs) the game and gameplay itself is amazing. However despite my absolute love for this franchise and for this game in particular, I can't recommend this version to anyone in its current state.

8MUtCCn.png

Assault Android Cactus - iosefe
Developed by Witch Beam, a small 3-man team which includes Fellow Gaffer, Paz, Assault Android Cactus is just pure fun, evocative of old Dreamcast games. AAC is a twin-stick shooter crossed with bullet hell. like...SO MANY Bullets. you will die often until you learn the ropes.

Playable with up to 4 players locally, takes your Android and give the evil robots hell! choose from 4 Default androids and 5 unlockable ones. each of them unique in their weapons and how they work. Take your Android and Destroy Robots, and 5 bosses! Aim for the highest of high scores, and even do a Boss Rush

For co-op, you can even mix and match inputs. like 2 DS4's, a 360 pad, and a KB/M combo. all works seamlessly, showing relevant prompts for everything. Also include are EX Mode options. These are Modifiers for the game, like Small Head Mode, AI Partners, Isometric View Mode, and FPS mode. Also, FPS Mode turns the game into a splitscreen game. Legit.

Anyway, very fun, and definitely worth the $15 the devs are asking for.

BQop9Qo.png

Tango Fiesta - Ozium
Tango Fiesta, released out of Early Acess on September 24 is a top-down shooter starring your favorite action heroes of the 80s. The title features both local and online co-op play for up to 4 players, but you can always play solo.

Does it sound like Broforce? Kind of, but this is not a side scroller this is a top down action game. It's kind of like Broforce's top-down cousin. Featuring up to 6 selectable heroes and a ton of purchasable weapons. And like Broforce this title features the 80s Action staple of destructible environments.

Fight your way through five worlds with four levels, each randomly generating terrain and enemy placement every time you play. And of course each world ends with a boss fight fitting to its theme. Even though it is out of Early Access the devs have stated that they plan to add more features, including a new game + mode and workshop support. Also features Steam Trading Cards.

Anyone can write a recommendation for an upcoming game for next month, just send a a PM of the game you want to write about and your thoughts on why it's good/why people should play it. Please make the sure recommendation is 60+ words at least and try and hand it a few days before the month ends so I can add it to the next thread.

Fresh thread smell!

Nzyme32

That sounds interesting. The persistent-universe part of SC always looked very hardcore oriented. Spinning off a star-laden campaign to a broader audience sounds like a good plan. They will bring the later to consoles as well? Witcher 3 seemed to have made a great decision by going there
and mad money :p

I doubt they could bring it to consoles, particularly due to the way they have touted it as a PC only thing, and got that crowd of die-hards on board. Those folks would not take it well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom