• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish tags would work for my local library so I could choose to search by tags like I could online

categories work like tags.

so if you tag something like DMC4SE as:
Devil May Cry
Character Action
Capcom
Stylish Action

You can search your library for any of those and it will show up and show you all categories it's in that match your search term

Maniac

Banned
Its worth nothing. Such a disappointing game.

To each their own; that's how I feel about the vast majority of VNs. I thought Mordor had plenty of fun and good mechanics to justify spending a few dozen hours with it. Hell, I even 100% it prior to the DLC coming out. Playing around with the Nemesis mechanics was great fun for me. I could certainly see that not being the case for a lot of people.

Cheeky edit. I surrender. Your opinion is now my opinion.

You'd think I was french with how easily I surrendered

To each their own; that's how I feel about the vast majority of VNs. I thought Mordor had plenty of fun and good mechanics to justify spending a few dozen hours with it. Hell, I even 100% it prior to the DLC coming out. Playing around with the Nemesis mechanics was great fun for me. I could certainly see that not being the case for a lot of people.

Cheeky edit. I surrender. Your opinion is now my opinion.

You'd think I was french with how easily I surrendered

I also 100% it, but I thought it felt like they just mixed the mediocrity of the popular AAA games together, put in a excel-sheet nemesis system and called it a day.
It got repetitive quite fast and I think the missions were totally boring.

Maniac

Banned
I also 100% it, but I thought it felt like they just mixed the mediocrity of the popular AAA games together, put in a excel-sheet nemesis system and called it a day.
It got repetitive quite fast and I think the missions were totally boring.

For sure. It wasn't a particularly thrilling openworld environment either, but there was a lot of things I loved. The huge amount of wildly different Uruks helped quite a lot, and I enjoyed chopping them to bits so very, very much. And there was just something pleasing about aiding a captain in becoming a warlord only to murder him.

Anteater

categories work like tags.

so if you tag something like DMC4SE as:
Devil May Cry
Character Action
Capcom
Stylish Action

You can search your library for any of those and it will show up and show you all categories it's in that match your search term

yeah but that would require me to put them into categories manually :(

autoduelist

Saw this in the MGSV steam hub lol

15A731687031F1141601F9DF5F82EFA3D58BB43E

Kojima GOAT

Can someone translate? Is something being stolen here?

ooh shit, wow. I thought the FOB insurance was a one time payment, most it goes up to is a week. Wow, if it wasn't dirty enough as it was. Also I'm not liking this buy currency to buy things in game. its basically a way so you can't share your dlc with other accounts on a system/family share. Even 1st parties are getting into that trend (looking at sony with their U4 Collector's Edition that comes with some in game coin bs for online)

Anteater

oh man i found a new nipples mod for the witcher 3

i've always thought the game needed better nipples, said no one ever

Lol.

That is not a particularly good looking version of Aisha Tyler.

Edit: Press Q to Horsey Ride

yeah I think they purposely made those portraits bad looking like you're getting a glimpse of their face through hacking their camera or whatever

Omega

Banned
How do you guys categorize your games? It's starting to get ridiculous at 400+ games and need a better way to find something to play.
Sorting by progress just leads to a big list of shit I haven't started and going by genre doesn't show me if I've played/beaten a particular game.

everything hidden besides like the 7 games that i play/will actually play.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Finished Contradiction in one 6.8 hours sitting (with breaks, I'm not insane yet) and I have to say I rather enjoyed it. The actors are fantastic and so are the characters, the plot is intriguing and the game's really easy to jump in and play. I was surprised to find that, aside from a few uh, lucky findings, the puzzles made sense all the way to the end, and I never felt like I had to do too much guesswork to solve them either. The interface could use some improvements, like there's no reason to show objects that can't be used in interviews in the interview screen. It's not a big issue, but it does become annoying towards the end when you'll have a good number of objects and clues to keep track of.
Contradiction's major problem however is the ending. It's a bit underwhelming and while it provides closure, a bit too much is left unresolved for my taste.
All in all, I wholeheartedly recommend this one even for people who don't like point and click games.

I loved the game and thought the cast was fantastic. But are police investigations in the UK really like this? As someone that works in law enforcement I kept cringing every time Inspector Jenks broke
US
police protocol, which was surprisingly often.

yeah but that would require me to put them into categories manually :(

lazy... good for nothing... sonofa...

you can try defiler do pull the tags down and use them as categories, maybe. i'm not 100% sure on that, but it used to work with whatever valve had games classified as. never used it cause i wasn't a fan that everything was "action". :lol

Buraindo

I loved the game and thought the cast was fantastic. But are police investigations in the UK really like this? As someone that works in law enforcement I kept cringing every time Inspector Jenks broke
US

Heh I'm going to go with no. I liked that
Paul calls Jenks out on contaminating evidence

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Haven't played it yet, but I'm going to go with no ;)

Heh I'm going to go with no. I liked that
Paul calls Jenks out on contaminating evidence

Okay good. I mean I know there are some cultural differences that honestly I had never thought about, but that seemed a little over-handed to be true. I felt like I was taking crazy pills.

Haunted

US
The whole setup might have worked better if Jenks was a private investigator or something.

I have about 100 games and won't buy anymore until I at least put a few hours into all of them. I will not get into backlog hell like a lot of you guys with hundreds and even thousands of games you will never play.

Who am I kidding I can't wait for my first real Steam christmas holiday sale.

Deitus

I have about 100 games and won't buy anymore until I at least put a few hours into all of them. I will not get into backlog hell like a lot of you guys with hundreds and even thousands of games you will never play.

Who am I kidding I can't wait for my first real Steam christmas holiday sale.

You never forget your first.

Dsyndrome

Made significant progress in Witcher 3 this weekend, trying to mop up some stuff before heading on to Novigrad. The Baron's a piece of shit,
but so's Anna, and I already told him they deserve each other, so we're going to kill the crones and bring her back boooooooyyyyyyyeeeeee.
Wish there was the ability to annotate stuff on maps so I would know what level I need to go back to treasure places and nests, can't keep all that in my head.
yeahh new pic for my steam profile

9b44eb276790bef4a6fa6893f74b0ba655b85c29_full.jpg
My shithead's finally done trying to fight with everyone and pee everywhere:
v3d3EbQ.jpg

If you're ever getting weird red horizontal lines flickering through your monitor from time to time, it turns out that it's your monitor and not yout HDMI connection or graphics card. Probably.

Upon discovering this, my joy knows no bounds.

Momentary

Banned
It'll be at 100% soon. Only 9 more days!!!! Gonna play the hell out of this. Make sure to make that Bandai Namco account for that extra DLC on th side.

Knurek

I don't know, do you like having your OS not leaking memory?

I don't leave the computer on for more than 72 hours, so that doesn't bother me (that much).
What does is the insane shortening of jumplist to 10 entries with no way to increase.
Also the fact that I have to jump through hoops to get my DS4 working properly.
Also the fact that the bloody thing boots up 2-3 times slower than Win7 (sure, it shows login screen instantaneously, but then proceeds to truly load everything Win7 did before booting.
Also the fact that the bloody Start menu is close to useless (only 2048 entries being indexed?), and Classic Shell still seems to have some problems with Win10 (first try to enter the menu almost always crashes the explorer process)

I'm sure to find more. It's not a Win8 scale travesty, but IMO still a downgrade from Win7. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom