• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

On one hand, those 70 hours of Witcher 3 I played on sub-par hardware were still amazing, and the game generally performed better than on consoles.
On the other, 1080p60 on high with nary a drop...
giphy.gif

Catshade

Has there ever been a tiered pre-order incentive that didn't reach 100%? I always suspect the numbers were manipulated in some way to maximize pre-order numbers, but that would be illegal, wouldn't it?

Monooboe

On one hand, those 70 hours of Witcher 3 I played on sub-par hardware were still amazing, and the game generally performed better than on consoles.
giphy.gif

Yeah my expressions exactly, started the game just now for the first time. Though I have to say, what's up with the movement speed, feel like I'm Superman because how fast he runs around and camera controls.(even when slowing them down) Guess it might be Xbox one controller thats sensetive.

Tizoc

Home net still down :/
I did tracert for 192.168.1.1 and got the response along the lines of
'destination/connection net unreachable'
Does this mean the error is from my ISP's side?

Tizoc

A little something for you EU peeps~
Please read the name of the game before entering in case ModBot shows the wrong image for a game :X
Finally please let me know if one of the keys don't work for you so I can PM it to you properly (this rarely happens but I mention it to be on the safe side ^^; )
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chaser -- MB-F0E0A99D35DC3ED8 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Red Faction Guerrilla -- MB-D48FA3E67B94BE79 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 6 entrants total.
Jagged Alliance 1 -- MB-D4FC7BE4CC5DCC51 - Taken by Ribeiro. 4 entrants total.
Sayonara UmiharaKawase -- MB-967DAEF4B9800706 - Taken by spindoctor. 25 entrants total.

t1444561565z1.png

Hektor

I did me part ye suckahs
MiUc6OP.png

Wow, so this is probably old news, but it's pretty disappointing. On top of everything else that was wrong with the game.

http://imgur.com/gallery/UNKmT

Holy hell, that is scummy.

How do you guys categorize your games? It's starting to get ridiculous at 400+ games and need a better way to find something to play.
Sorting by progress just leads to a big list of shit I haven't started and going by genre doesn't show me if I've played/beaten a particular game.

I organize my games by genre, unless a specific franchise or Ip got more than 3 entries, then its getting its own general category like "Batman", "Star Wars" or "FINAL FANTASY"

Ludens

Banned
I would grab Zestiria too (since I never played a Tales of and Symphonia is a good preorder incentive), but the base price is too much, for half of it I would take it now, but 50€ is impossible at the moment. Symphonia is the first chapter of the franchise, right?

I would grab Zestiria too (since I never played a Tales of and Symphonia is a good preorder incentive), but the base price is too much, for half of it I would take it now, but 50€ is impossible at the moment. Symphonia is the first chapter of the franchise, right?

Yep. There's Tales of Symphonia, followed by Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, which you can own on either Wii or PS3.

Deques

Symphonia is not first game in the series

Hey, people, isn't it more cost effective to get both Zesitria and Symphonia when they are 75% off than to preorder?

How fast do Scamco games get heavily discounted? The Naruto games seems to get 75% now around a year after release. Would Tales games get 75% discount within a year after release?

Kyougar

giphy.gif

done be ridiculous! The eye cant see the difference between that!!!!11

I'm sure that if you want more JRPGs on Steam waiting for a 75% discount is the best way to show your support!

50€ for two full Tales games is quite a rip-off indeed

fertygo

Hey, people, isn't it more cost effective to get both Zesitria and Symphonia when they are 75% off than to preorder?

2 years later then?

the narutos game still feel "expensive" when they on heavy discount lately.

DS2 also not hitting 75% off deal yet

ArjanN

Has there ever been a tiered pre-order incentive that didn't reach 100%? I always suspect the numbers were manipulated in some way to maximize pre-order numbers, but that would be illegal, wouldn't it?

Yeah, there's been one or two that didn't make all the tiers. I think Company of Heroes 2 was one of them.

Seriously? That is just weird. I got a flash that I had a text from Not Ping also like 20+ hours after I hung out with her but then I couldn't find it on the phone and there is no mission for her. I don't know if it bugged out or what.

I thought the extra mission you get if you try dating multiple girls at once was kinda funny, and probably was the result they expected most people to get.

Blu(e)

Skullgirls is alright. Been playing it since it got bundled from humble bundle and it's much easier to get into than I initially thought. I still really don't care for the art style but the gameplay is pretty solid.

Arthea

What was that about Bamco giving something on their site for Zesty preorder? I went to check and lost the post mentioning it, but I don't see anything there, halp!

I had a scare today while trying to play Dirt Rally, first my audio card stopped working, then game decided to run at 1 fps, followed by 145 fps, for a moment I thought my new PC is a goner, restarted everything seems to be working (restart itself took ages tho, what in itself is terrifying), but now I'm afraid to even touch it.
Also a game looked horrible, I didn't play with settings, because I had no time for that before a game crashing, it has to be my luck.

so, first we don't believe that Tales ever going to be on PC and wish it was otherwise, then when we actually get one, we don't buy it until it's cheaper than dirt? Sounds like a plan, if we don't want any Tales on PC ever.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I can't buy tales of zestiria before morning eu time, and according to the timer it's already been released at that point.

RIP me getting symphonia.

Arthea

I can't buy tales of zestiria before morning eu time, and according to the timer it's already been released at that point.

RIP me getting symphonia.

you know that it releases not today but in 9 days, don't you?

Why do people support this crap.

what crap? Preorder crap? How is it our fault that Bamco attached it to the first Tales game to be on PC in forever? If we don't buy it - no more Tales, if we buy it after preorder ends, the price is a tad too high for just one Tales game. I don't see what choice do we have in this situation.

Lomax

How true is that the GMG credits expire? I haven't received any mail telling me that the credit expires

Other than the one post, I've found no other mention of it, not on the Playfire forums or anywhere else. The faq says credit expires after a year, so it may be that person hasn't been on GMG for a while. I dunno. Probably a decent idea to spend credit sooner rather than later either way.

Knurek

so, first we don't believe that Tales ever going to be on PC and wish it was otherwise, then when we actually get one, we don't buy it until it's cheaper than dirt? Sounds like a plan, if we don't want any Tales on PC ever.

I have a backlog that will last me years, years! Do I really need to add to it?

2 years later then?

the narutos game still feel "expensive" when they on heavy discount lately.

DS2 also not hitting 75% off deal yet

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to pick them up for less than half price within a year, if not on Steam itself then somewhere else.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
you know that it releases not today but in 9 days, don't you?

what crap? Preorder crap? How is it our fault that Bamco attached it to the first Tales game to be on PC in forever? If we don't buy it - no more Tales, if we buy it after preorder ends, the price is a tad too high for just one Tales game. I don't see what choice do we have in this situation.

Yeah I can't buy it until morning 20th.

ezodagrom

Yeah I can't buy it until morning 20th.
If you can only buy it post release, an alternative would be to get it through green man gaming using their coupons for both Zestiria and Symphonia whenever it releases, while it'd cost more than just Zestiria on Steam with free Symphonia, it wouldn't be a big difference, I think...

Knurek

It depends, do you like Tales? If yes, backlog is irrelevant, if not, you won't buy it until it's cheaper than dirt anyway, no?

I loved Tales of the Abyss (<3 Jade) and liked Phantasia. No other game in the series has really spoken to me though. :\

Dr Dogg

If/when Symphomia unlocks then Zestiria is most definitely being classed as a +1 by me.

What was that about Bamco giving something on their site for Zesty preorder? I went to check and lost the post mentioning it, but I don't see anything there, halp!.

It's not live yet until release but on their VIP corner of their community site, you knpw another publisher lead white elephant created in vain hopes of promoting and selling you more of their shit that makes preorder incentives like DLC and Soundtracks redeem on their, so you give them you credentials and makes for a,whole convoluted mess when they could just stick them on the digital store front for each platform in the first place (I've seen our conversion numbers from such endeavours and it's verging on not even recouping costs for new subscriptions gained). There's a mystic artes set pack and the much talked about for all the wrong reason Alisha story pack tied to it. It's not too much of a pain but you need to set up an account, find the items in their VIP store after launch, select the email address you want your codes sent to and pop them into Steam though you'll need to redeem the items on their site before mid November. But you know they could have just put them on the Steam store as free purchases or included with the sub in the first place instead of semi-sort of held them hostage in hope you'll sign up to their mailing list, marketing partners, engaging with their loopy community et al.

Arthea

I loved Tales of the Abyss (<3 Jade) and liked Phantasia. No other game in the series has really spoken to me though. :\

I'm kinda in your boat, I only really liked Abyss, Destiny and Graces, but Tales still are series I'm willing to give a chance more often than not, and even if ToX was bad, apparently Zesty is better. So there is that and having series on steam pleases me.

If/when Symphomia unlocks then Zestiria is most definitely being classed as a +1 by me.

It's not live yet until release but on their VIP corner of their community site, you knpw another publisher lead white elephant created in vain hopes of promoting and selling you more of their shit that makes preorder incentives like DLC and Soundtracks redeem on their, so you give them you credentials and makes for a,whole convoluted mess when they could just stick them on the digital store front for each platform in the first place (I've seen our conversion numbers from such endeavours and it's verging on not even recouping costs for new subscriptions gained). There's a mystic artes set pack and the much talked about for all the wrong reason Alisha story pack tied to it. It's not too much of a pain but you need to set up an account, find the items in their VIP store after launch, select the email address you want your codes sent to and pop them into Steam though you'll need to redeem the items on their site before mid November. But you know they could have just put them on the Steam store as free purchases or included with the sub in the first place instead of semi-sort of held them hostage in hope you'll sign up to their mailing list, marketing partners, engaging with their loopy community et al.
since when you are in +1 camp?

such a hassle, I have Bamco account, I only have to remember where is info on it.

Ludens

Banned
How true is that the GMG credits expire? I haven't received any mail telling me that the credit expires

I checked GMG forums and even Mods know nothing about this, and they are waiting for an official reply from GMG.
But it's true that now GMG credit expires while until two years ago there was no expiration date for credit.
The mail seems legit, and also in line with GMG new policy about Playfire (they stopped on giving credit because Playfire tracking system is a mess, they already tried to relunch the system without success). GMG will probably stop giving credit for reviews and achievement, maybe providing some credit when you purchase something, similar to what Gamesgate does with Bluecoins.

fertygo

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to pick them up for less than half price within a year, if not on Steam itself then somewhere else.

Well for people at SEA region like me. pretty sure 50% off at anywhere else other than Steam store itself not gonna saving more than current get.

For people at US, let say Shymponia priced at 30$ you get both separately for 50 percent off.. you only gonna saving 15 bucks as your waiting game reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom