• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

I still believe Mordor's highly positive reception is due to it being the first AAA game out after Destiny, which made reviewers very appreciative to any semblance of game design.

Easy to play, easy to beat quickly (if you skip the side stuff), easy to digest and somewhat narratively driven (known voice cast too). All the things the gaming press loves and games that tick these boxes usually win GOTY awards in spades from them.

Anastasia

I still believe Mordor's highly positive reception is due to it being the first AAA game out after Destiny, which made reviewers very appreciative to any semblance of game design.

It's not like the greatest game ever made, but I had a lot of fun playing it and chopping dudes heads off.

I would much rather play Mordor than any AssCreed game.

Cool read. Never played an FMV game, so not sure how it feels.

You should check it out. The game is hilarious. The acting is super cheesy and stuff but they're all in on the joke. Jenks is maybe my new favorite protagonist lol.

Hey my good GAFfers!

I have a lot of things to recover, specially XCOM 2 news but I'm glad to be back, things were a little dark from the past months, but don't worry, I won't bring such negativity to this fine place, I'm just glad things are (slowly) improving and I can now resume my backlog cleaning and my rest my mind a bit. :)

Welcome back!

Hey my good GAFfers!

I have a lot of things to recover, specially XCOM 2 news but I'm glad to be back, things were a little dark from the past months, but don't worry, I won't bring such negativity to this fine place, I'm just glad things are (slowly) improving and I can now resume my backlog cleaning and my rest my mind a bit. :)

welcome back <3

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Oh snap I was just looking through the Family Sharing lists for another game to install to have perfect rows and columns of custom icons and I discovered that one of my friends picked up Stasis.

Based Family Sharing once again. Thank you Gabe Newell for this wonderful blessing.

AnE5vLZ.gif

oipic

Hey my good GAFfers!

Very nice to see you, dear Monk, you have been missed! Always nice to hear from you, and to read your always well-considered thoughts and opinions of the games you're playing - so please keep us posted if and when you have the time. :)

Hey my good GAFfers!

Welcome back, fellow GAFfer!

Dr Dogg

So after the second time in a week of stupidly clicking on the Syndicate community hub by accident I thought fuck it I'll just rename it and if I end up clicking it again I'll just link it elsewhere.

Hey my good GAFfers!
Hey Monk. We were talking about your sudden absence in all our friends lists just a couple weeks ago.
Good that real-life is getting better for you.
Oh snap I was just looking through the Family Sharing lists for another game to install to have perfect rows and columns of custom icons and I discovered that one of my friends picked up Stasis.

Based Family Sharing once again. Thank you Gabe Newell for this wonderful blessing.
You wanna make people jelly with your FS?
Cause it's working. No family for me.

For real though, if you're among several people on FS don't it clash often when people want to play at the same time?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
For real though, if you're among several people on FS don't it clash often when people want to play at the same time?

Nah, because we are all grown-ass adults with varying schedules I honestly can't remember the last time there was overlap. One of my friends and I beat Arkham Knight off my account during the same multi-week period and we never clashed once. It's a ton of fun too because you usually have someone to discuss games with around launch without the pressure of having multiple copies.

Hey my good GAFfers!

Welcome back Monk!
Hope things fix soon for you.

Knurek

Damn, seems I've missed all of Kaer Morhen secondary quests, didn't think you could go back to this location before Act II kicked up, now I'm at the start of "The Battle of Kaer Morhen" and it seems I can't go back to do them later? :\

CDPR, why?

fertygo

Because he doesn't want to give out yet more personal information, perhaps? He doesn't even need a reason. He doesn't want to do it, ever, that's his right.
Maybe its regional thing that I won't understand, but changing (mobile) phone is so easy to afraid/or something to have pet peeve about phone identification for these kind of thing,

Hm, I'm seeing it every time steam client gets updated.

Yeah, you don't have those everyday.

Nah, because we are all grown-ass adults with varying schedules I honestly can't remember the last time there was overlap. One of my friends and I beat Arkham Knight off my account during the same multi-week period and we never clashed once. It's a ton of fun too because you usually have someone to discuss games with around launch without the pressure of having multiple copies.
Yeah that sounds nice and should yield serious savings among all participants. Should get on that.

Okay, I accidentally posted the codes in the thread for about five seconds, so there's a chance they have been taken, but I doubt any bots saw them. I'm afraid I won't be able to compensate for any taken codes, however. Best of luck.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deponia -- MB-9CB450160E9FE7D7 - Taken by Milamber. 1 entrants total.
Gone Home -- MB-E95AA024981E818F - Taken by Nyteshade517. 4 entrants total.
Sir, You Are Being Hunted -- MB-34244D71B551FD1F - Taken by Last Baron. 3 entrants total.
Skullgirls -- MB-0F5B92B78FC55AB7 - Taken by Annubis. 17 entrants total.

t1444580226z1.png

Dr Dogg

I wonder if someone had the GAF username MobDot they'd get a few giveaways accidentially sent to them? I'm still getting DrDogg's PMs every now and then.

dex3108

Man Mad Max became really heavy last couple of missions. Now i really want to see Mad Max 2 that continues where Mad Max ended.

Durante

Okay, I accidentally posted the codes in the thread for about five seconds, so there's a chance they have been taken, but I doubt any bots saw them. I'm afraid I won't be able to compensate for any taken codes, however. Best of luck.
Well, I saw them, so I'm sure about 100 lurkers did as well.

Quick question that has been nagging me for a while now.

Is playing a game at 1080p/30fps the same amount of "work" on a PC as 540p/60fps? Double resolution, half framerate after all.

Arthea

I narrowed my Halloween games to 3 I want to play most: Dreadout, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and Murdered: Soul Suspect. Now the problem is... none of those are exactly short and I planned to spend only couple evenings on it, not a week or more. What do you think, steamgaf?

In other news, how looks can be deceiving, so I thought I'll chill some with this League of Mermaids game. Mermaids, pearls, what can how wrong?
Damn this game is infuriating, not to play, no, getting all stars, it has this bouncing physics
(totally not what you thought just know)
, what makes it like peggle-pool on crack in liquid. arghhhh

Tizoc

I narrowed my Halloween games to 3 I want to play most: Dreadout, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and Murdered: Soul Suspect. Now the problem is... none of those are exactly short and I planned to spend only couple evenings on it, not a week or more. What do you think, steamgaf?

In other news, how looks can be deceiving, so I thought I'll chill some with this League of Mermaids game. Mermaids, pearls, what can how wrong?
Damn this game is infuriating, not to play, no, getting all stars, it has this bouncing physics
(totally not what you thought just know)
, what makes it like peggle-pool on crack in liquid. arghhhh

Define...'short'?
Far as I know the last 2 aren't that long.

Durante

Quick question that has been nagging me for a while now.

Is playing a game at 1080p/30fps the same amount of "work" on a PC as 540p/60fps? Double resolution, half framerate after all.
1080p is 4 times 540p, not 2 times. (Similarly, 4k is 4 times 1080p, a fact people often seem to forget when they are surprised by its performance requirements)

So it's a lot more rendering work. But less work on the CPU. It's never so simple.

1080p is 4 times 540p, not 2 times. (Similarly, 4k is 4 times 1080p, a fact people often seem to forget when they are surprised by its performance requirements)

So it's a lot more rendering work. But less work on the CPU. It's never so simple.
D'oh, right. Got to multiply height & width. So 1080p are 2073600 pixels and 720p about the half at 921600.

Was wondering since Battlefront has a neat built-in option slider for resolution scaling. At 200% it barely can hold 30fps at Ultra. So that gotta be 4K then. 150% runs fine at 60fps and 133% must be 1440p.

D'oh, right. Got to multiply height & width. So 1080p are 2073600 pixels and 720p about the half at 921600.

Was wondering since Battlefront has a neat built-in option slider for resolution scaling. At 200% it barely can hold 30fps at Ultra. So that gotta be 4K then. 150% runs fine at 60fps and 133% must be 1440p.
150% it is for you than

Lain

Trying to buy UmiharaKawase and Zestiria and the store isn't working after hitting the purchase for myself button. Should I interpret it as a sign that I shouldn't spend the money?

Maybe its regional thing that I won't understand, but changing (mobile) phone is so easy to afraid/or something to have pet peeve about phone identification for these kind of thing,

I don't own a mobile phone. I'd have to actually tie my Steam account to someone else's phone if they ever take away the "not now" option and force it upon us (like hotmail once did, like google/youtube once did...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom