• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
anybody want this Olli Olli 2 coupon?
330x192

Gaming press loved it though so shows what I know :p
Dragon Age: Inquisition says that the gaming press needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.
I have a trader that Tizoc recommended to me (thanks Tizoc!), he seem pretty friendly. Maybe you can talk to him? Ask him to buy a copy for you. Put it in his inventory, then after you get paid on the 20th. Pay for it and he'll give you the copy. I mean worst case scenario he'll get his money refunded if you can't buy the copy.
How much is he selling it for?

Shadownet

Banned
How much is he selling it for?
As Tizoc said, 40 USD, or 20 CSGO keys. He's pretty accommodating too. I been selling my cards the last two weeks so I could afford Zestiria, he let me transfer my steam wallet money to him, where most traders probably wouldn't do that.

I gave him 14 CSGO keys and (edit: sorry i meant $16 in Steam money) You can find him on my friend's list it's MrPo (he has a Kung Fu Panda avatar)

NP shadownet ;3

USD 40.
They have TF Devastation for USD 40 too I think.

As Tizoc said, 40 USD, or 20 CSGO keys. He's pretty accommodating too. I been selling my cards the last two weeks so I could afford Zestiria, he let me transfer my steam wallet money to him, where most traders probably wouldn't do that.

I gave him 14 CSGO keys and $6 in Steam money. You can find him on my friend's list it's MrPo (he has a Kung Fu Panda avatar)
Thank you for the replies. How do you transfer Steam money?

Durante

The foreground textures are OK really, it's the backgrounds that really need work. However, given the degree of magnification required, I don't think any filter could do it. Someone would actually have to remake them at higher resolution.

An alternative would be to run some kind of gaussian blur on all background elements. Would probably look better.

"Finished" MGSV today. 45 hours for the
first 31 missions and couple more
and tons left. So far my favorite open world game this year and 51% stuff to do. I think I'll complete the main and side missions before moving into Fallout 4.

Been too busy playing games to post too much.

No, I still don't like the pre-order stuff. Don't care if it's the first Tales game on Steam. As I heard from a few people that it's not that great of a game (Zesteria) but, that could be opinions. The port could be poor as well so who knows. Same goes for any game though.

I don't know I think it's kind of dumb that they base entire franchises on one game, let alone the newest game on whether not a franchise is worth putting on PC. As much shit as I give Arc System Works, at least there way of putting older stuff on Steam in theory makes sense. The unfortunate thing is that they are fighting games and have updated versions reason why that's annoying.

That's just me. I think Zesteria could have sold fine with just marketing and the usual release discount is all I am getting at but, whatever. Excuse the rant and if I made someone annoyed that pre-orders 2 billion things at once
I don't care.

Went back to Witcher 3 to finish some minor side quests,
I helped a poor fellow uncovered that his bride-to-be died in a shipwreck, and his brothers committed suicide out of shame, when I went back to the shipwreck site to loot it, I found him lit a candle there and was mourning his love
, game still manages to impress me after so many hours.

Edit: I fucked up, should have
looted the dowry first before returning to him, now I can't give back her necklace, I feel bad.

Deitus

Eh, I don't much care for preordering, and if I do it at all, it's a few days before release so I can preload, or allow shipping time for physical copies.

But if I get a free game for preordering a game I was planning on buying at launch anyway, I'm not going to complain about that. I'd much rather that then pulling out content from the main game to offer as preorder bonuses (though I guess Zesty also has costumes for preorder bonuses, but at least that's just cosmetic).

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I am like the horror game wrangler, I see a horror game and either I'm going to buy it on the spot or get it at a later date if funds need to be split up, this year has seen more than usual horror releases for example so been having to be a bit cash-conscious on what to buy now and later.

Pre-ordering outside of horror games, I know myself pretty well as a gamer, and I have a pretty good idea of things I enjoy, and I can easily overlook flaws if there's things I enjoy about a game, so I usually pre-order, especially if its a case of a game I want to support.

Eh, I don't much care for preordering, and if I do it at all, it's a few days before release so I can preload, or allow shipping time for physical copies.

But if I get a free game for preordering a game I was planning on buying at launch anyway, I'm not going to complain about that. I'd much rather that then pulling out content from the main game to offer as preorder bonuses (though I guess Zesty also has costumes for preorder bonuses, but at least that's just cosmetic).

I am like the horror game wrangler, I see a horror game and either I'm going to buy it on the spot or get it at a later date if funds need to be split up, this year has seen more than usual horror releases for example so been having to be a bit cash-conscious on what to buy now and later.

Pre-ordering outside of horror games, I know myself pretty well as a gamer, and I have a pretty good idea of things I enjoy, and I can easily overlook flaws if there's things I enjoy about a game, so I usually pre-order, especially if its a case of a game I want to support.

I get doing it for a pre-load a few days before. Mainly talking about months in advance with really silly pre-order intensives I have a problem with. My post wasn't directed 100% at Zesteria.

"Finished" MGSV today. 45 hours for the
first 31 missions and couple more
and tons left. So far my favorite open world game this year and 51% stuff to do. I think I'll complete the main and side missions before moving into Fallout 4.

Now here's where things get sour :/

Chapter 2 has too many EXTREME and TOTAL STEALTH fillers

Deitus

I get doing it for a pre-load a few days before. Mainly talking about months in advance with really silly pre-order intensives I have a problem with. My post wasn't directed 100% at Zesteria.

Oh, I have no idea why people preorder games months before they come out. That has never made sense to me, especially when people preorder games before they even have release dates. I had a good chuckle when Duke Nukem Forever was finally about to launch, and Gamestop announced they would be honoring preorders from years prior.

But yeah, you get the same game, at the same time as everyone else, why spend money on it months before it's actually out?

You never have to do any of those though. I only figured that out after doing a couple though.

Mission 40 is worth it for a new buddy
(Quiet)
outfit though.

Sadly, I only did that mission
after it was too late to use it

Zafir

Yeah, I grabbed Zestiria from that trader earlier today, can also recommend him. Thanks Tizoc for recommending him ages ago. :p

Now just to wait for it to come out!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Moonwalker on Sega Mega Drive was a big part of my childhood

Cravings for a new Michael Jackson themed game, would love a rhytm game

Knurek

I must say, I'm positively surprised by my 4790K cooler. Didn't go aftermarket, and everyone, everywhere has nothing but vitriol for Intel stock coolers.

But in reality it's barely noticeable even under full load, definitely way more quiet than the GPU fan. Pretty cool too, considering what it has to work with - 35C idle, 60C load, 75C stress.

Might have been an issue were I to OC, but on stock clocks there's really no need to have anything else.

Pretty sure you'd PayPal gift the guy.

I guess he puts up an item on the Market and you buy it from there.

Yup, that's the only way to do it. Just make sure you count Valve fee into it for CSGO items which is 15% of the total cost.

You actually paypal them or gift them TF2 keys and they gift you the game.
Thanks for the replies. I didn't realise that Steam takes such a big cut so I'll use PayPal to get it for $40. Hopefully GTA V will get a good discount at Christmas and I can use my Steam wallet on that instead.

Jawmuncher

You almost got me steam, but if i get in the mood for tales i'll just play the ones in my backlog. Will buy the evangelion costume set as a gift though just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom