• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyougar

The preorder will stop at 99% and we will never get symphonia. Either they never intended to release it or dont want to give away dozens of thousands of free copies for it :Þ

Tizoc

What's going to be funny is when the pre-order bonus for Symphonia is Zestiria.

You seem to focus so much on the bonus content that you forget something: Some are buying it now because they actually, hard as it might be for you to believe, actually want to play it.
If Symphonia is gonna have Zestiria as a bonus, then so what? Zesty would be discounted to Symphonia's release price by then and people would've played through Zestiria enough that they deleted the game.

What do you care how we choose to spend our money :V

FloatOn

I'm at the forlorn ruins in Ori... The problem with this game is that you gain all these new abilities or some new mechanic gets introduced and you are still just as delicate as ever. This game would have done well to take a lesson from super metroid and let the player actually feel more powerful as the game goes along. I'm not saying decrease the difficulty, I'm saying there is barely a feeling of progression here.

"Hello. This is Gabe Newell. I see you recently added this phone number to your Steam account. Thank you for supporting Steam, the ultimate entertainment platform. I own you."

Hektor

there needs to be more punk/goth people in video games

tumblr_inline_mp6l08GRr31qz4rgp.png

I agree.

You seem to focus so much on the bonus content that you forget something: Some are buying it now because they actually, hard as it might be for you to believe, actually want to play it.

Only like 10% of people in SteamGAF actually play the games they buy.

Observe my notes and equations from this document

Talesfrommyass.txt.

Now here's where things get sour :/

Chapter 2 has too many EXTREME and TOTAL STEALTH fillers

I have liked the
Extreme, total stealth and subsistence missions so far though
. Plus they are pretty much optional so...

I have completed MGS1-3 like 100 times though so I am a sucker for doing stuff again except harder in MGS games

Ibuki was awesome...

I have liked the
Extreme, total stealth and subsistence missions so far though
. Plus they are pretty much optional so...

I have completed MGS1-3 like 100 times though so I am a sucker for doing stuff again except harder in MGS games
I would have preferred something like
a difficulty option so that every mission would have it's own TOTAL STEALTH/EXTREME/SUBSISTENCE variants. Having to redo some of those missions was a real drag, especially when clearing all mission tasks

Grief.exe

I must say, I'm positively surprised by my 4790K cooler. Didn't go aftermarket, and everyone, everywhere has nothing but vitriol for Intel stock coolers.

But in reality it's barely noticeable even under full load, definitely way more quiet than the GPU fan. Pretty cool too, considering what it has to work with - 35C idle, 60C load, 75C stress.

Might have been an issue were I to OC, but on stock clocks there's really no need to have anything else.

That's mainly the recommendation for going aftermarket coolers, once you start pushing voltage then you really need a better cooler.

No one really cares about stock clocks since it is assumed you will OC.

Dsyndrome

I just spent around hour and a half playing 1 quest in Witcher 3. I will never finish this game at this rate XD

Didn't realize until the other day that there were hidden achievements in Galaxy, so learning new stuff every day. I'm only Level 12 despite putting 50 hours in, so I'm right there with you.

dex3108

Didn't realize until the other day that there were hidden achievements in Galaxy, so learning new stuff every day. I'm only Level 12 despite putting 50 hours in, so I'm right there with you.

I am 29 hours in and i barely did few missions in Velen :D I spent 13-14 hours in WO alone XD

Shadownet

Banned
The preorder will stop at 99% and we will never get symphonia. Either they never intended to release it or dont want to give away dozens of thousands of free copies for it :Þ

reminds me of that kickstarter where some guy pledged like $4000, then pull out at the last minutes and so they were underfunded.

Don't be like that guy GAF, buy Zestiria.

Dr Dogg

Joke's on them as on the odd occasion Bioware points have gone on sale before... on Amazon. That's when I jumped and loaded up on them and just need a few bits a bobs for ME3. Probably when I do the HDier version will come out with all of included for nowt.

Looking at the usual discussion and tubthumping going on in that thread about how DLC is the devil, fucked if I'm going to post this in there but anyone after Bioware points keep a look out here.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C7B0F32/?tag=neogaf0e-20

ArjanN

I'm at the forlorn ruins in Ori... The problem with this game is that you gain all these new abilities or some new mechanic gets introduced and you are still just as delicate as ever. This game would have done well to take a lesson from super metroid and let the player actually feel more powerful as the game goes along. I'm not saying decrease the difficulty, I'm saying there is barely a feeling of progression here.

If you're collecting everything you've definitely got a lot more health later on, but some things are still one hit kills. I dunno, unless you're doing a low % run, IMO the combination of the skills and the extra life ends up making you pretty overpowered.

Never played DOTA or CSGO but I am in the mood for throwing 1000+ hours of my life away.

How bad of a mistake would getting myself into either of those be? I used to play counter strike back in the day and it has always had it's fair share of shit heels, but everything I read about the community today is downright scary.

If it ever drops to sub $5 again I'll probably pick it up anyways.

May install DOTA after finishing MGSV.

Dr Dogg

http://data.whicdn.com/images/78463246/original.gif[img]

I'm saddened that Namco got turned into an anime games churning company. Aside from Tekken and Tales, they've hardly done much with their series to date.
Steam would be a good venue for them to preserve many of their classic arcade and console games :/[/QUOTE]

As a developer sure they've changed tact but that's been the case for yonks but as a publisher they've been going from strength to strength over the years. Some of them where they own the IP like Dark Souls which if you think is anime the I want a word with you sunshine. Publisher side of things they're also ramping up ops in europe again with distribution for P-Cars, Coddies racing games and Witcher series. Now as much as I'd love to see a new Time Crisis, reworks or modernising of their classic arcade titles etc I think they know what they're doing from a business side of things as they're hot on the heels of the big 3 (EA, Ubi and Acti) in units shipped over here at retail. When you factor in Nintendo and WB Games then those 6 generally have something in the charts at any given time throughout the year.

latest
latest
latest

Got the last three easily obtainable characters finally in Spelunky.

Only two left, one needs a Hell run so that is far off but the Golden City is still a monumental task on itself. Eh, gonna be painful.

Sch1sm

Never played DOTA or CSGO but I am in the mood for throwing 1000+ hours of my life away.

How bad of a mistake would getting myself into either of those be? I used to play counter strike back in the day and it has always had it's fair share of shit heels, but everything I read about the community today is downright scary.

If it ever drops to sub $5 again I'll probably pick it up anyways.

May install DOTA after finishing MGSV.

I haven't seen CSGO hit <$5 in over a year. It'll be a long wait. :p

Except, there was that one time it hit $1 somewhere. Newegg? I think that was it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom