• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not being on the store doesn't matter. Sounds like a client bug, you in the beta? Or maybe it was still "running" in idle master?

No, the idling has been finished in like a couple weeks back. I'm not idling anything right now.
I guess I'll try re-installing my Steam client then. Thanks.

Edit: Still not able to install the game. :(

fertygo

Unfortunately, from the sounds of things, the are just making the game more brutal and unforgiving as development goes on.

I'm fine with that, but if what make it "hard" is just more situation that you can't do something about it, that's sucks.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is steam itself the only place to get the Witcher 3 expansion stuff via the steam platform and not gog versions?
not sure but at least on nuuvem the expansion gives you a key for the gog version

speaking of, nuuvem has gta 5 for 24 usd. tempted, i'm kind of a big fan of gta 4 despite its shit story so thinking about it. it's not a steam key but i don't really care

Deques

Is steam itself the only place to get the Witcher 3 expansion stuff via the steam platform and not gog versions?

The only place to buy Steam version of Witcher 3 and the expansions are in Steam store. Everywhere else are selling GOG version.
As of now you cannot redeem Steam version in GOG

Hektor

plus that genocide run is lingering in the back of my head :-/

I tried that. I miserably failed. Good Luck.

not sure but at least on nuuvem the expansion gives you a key for the gog version

speaking of, nuuvem has gta 5 for 24 usd. tempted, i'm kind of a big fan of gta 4 despite its shit story so thinking about it. it's not a steam key but i don't really care

The gameplay and the missions are far better in GTA5. The story is just as bad, but takes itself less seriously, which i found to be a good thing.

I overall left disappointed because of the hype the game had (a reccuring cycle for me with GTA games) but its definitely worth the money.

Teknoman

Looking at the online communities that you're still surprised are alive thread: Are there still Steam game nights going on? I think the last one was Chivalry maybe, but I haven't seen the thread or anything about it surface again?

Also with Doom and Quake going on sale most of the time, and lots of people on GAF wanting new FPS to tone down the fluff, i'm surprised there aren't Doom or Quake nights.

zkylon

zkylewd
The gameplay and the missions are far better in GTA5. The story is just as bad, but takes itself less seriously, which i found to be a good thing.

I overall left disappointed because of the hype the game had (a reccuring cycle for me with GTA games) but its definitely worth the money.

thing i enjoy the most in those games is walking around and admiring the details in the city, seeing ppl walk around and do their random little things like checking their phone or waiting for the light to cross, or just do like public transportation and see all those ways they implemented for traveling that you don't even get to use in the main story. that sort of thing

i just find it absolutely magical to see how they made everything work in gta 4, it's so damn impressive even if the "game" itself is very much tedius and boring. it's kind of why i liked mafia 1 so much, there's something to how well realized a city and a time is that i find super mesmerizing, i dunno

i'm kind of hoping gta 5 is like that, which is why i'm tempted to give it a shot, tho winter sale is soon and if i can't get it on steam that'd be better i guess

GTA5 is a bore. Rockstar wows everyone by prioritising appearance over gameplay and gets applauded for it, while every other developer would be raked over the coals for that same approach.
i.e.
GTA5's movement? A little sluggish but whatevs. vs The Witcher 3's movement? Patch that shit, gorilla.

They sure know how to spend their budget, however. It's a purdy game. And the car physics/damage stuff are great--I dunno how they always nail that while missing every other gameplay-related thing.
SOFTS worth $31 cad?

As an upgrade from DS2? No way.

Standalone? I guess. I'd expect it to be half off by Christmas, though.

GTA5 is a bore. Rockstar wows everyone by prioritising appearance over gameplay and gets applauded for it, while every other developer would be raked over the coals for that same approach.
i.e.
GTA5's movement? A little sluggish but whatevs. vs The Witcher 3's movement? Patch that shit, gorilla.

They sure know how to spend their budget, however. It's a purdy game. And the car physics/damage stuff are great--I dunno how they always nail that while missing every other gameplay-related thing.

As an upgrade from DS2? No way.

Standalone? I guess. I'd expect it to be half off by Christmas, though.

yeah, standalone. it IS half off at GMG's VIP section, $24.99 - but that's in USD. I'm paying ~31 or 32 if it buy it

Ribeiro

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ribeiro:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Orcs Must Die! GOTY -- MB-EB25872F9B466003 - Taken by aw350. 2 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-810F947D615C661F - Taken by criesofthepast. 1 entrants total.
Strike Suit Zero -- MB-1B7A91814D047013 - Taken by laserlaser. 7 entrants total.

t1444643648z1.png
:)

zkylon

zkylewd
i.e.

i just think rockstar is probably second to none in the way they produce the "background" of their open worlds, at least in gta 4 which is probably my favorite game of theirs.

yeah the gameplay and the story are both unquestionably garbage but the world is great, there's so much detail and "life", everything just feels handcrafted. in the end that's why i play gta, not for the story or for great gameplay mechanics, i don't want a "fun" game, there's tons of games better at being fun games with fun shooting and driving, i just want that impressive living world that no one else can provide

and while i think witcha 3 has some excellent dressing and is gorgeous and all that, i don't think it feels like gta 4 feels, gta 4 just blows my mind to this day

so i'm not saying you're wrong, but i'm glad rockstar just focuses on appearance because i honestly don't want or expect anything other than that from them.

yeah, standalone. it IS half off at GMG's VIP section, $24.99 - but that's in USD. I'm paying ~31 or 32 if it buy it
i think it's a pretty good game, it's the worst souls game and by not a small margin but it's also probably the most approachable one if you haven't played any and it's still pretty alright, specially with the dlc

it's really good value for that money, i preordered it and preordered the season pass too and i think i got my money's worth, even if scamco didn't give me the upgrade for free as they should've

Monooboe

i'm kind of hoping gta 5 is like that, which is why i'm tempted to give it a shot, tho winter sale is soon and if i can't get it on steam that'd be better i guess

GTA V is the game that I've been the most impressed with when it comes to worldbuilding. The attention to detail and the craft is unparalleled in my opinion. So I definitely think you should get it.:D

zkylon

zkylewd
GTA V is the game that I've been the most impressed with when it comes to worldbuilding. The attention to detail and the craft is unparalleled in my opinion. So I definitely think you should get it.:D
that's good to hear

apparently nuuvem gta 5 can only be redeemed on brazil tho, so i'm gonna have to wait until it's available elsewhere heh

Arthea

You were right, steamgaf, Contradiction is not bad at all. I'm kinda annoyed by finding contradictions I can't ask about, tho.

Haunted

Hooray, halfway there.
pro tip:

Do more story missions, they unlock fun tools you can use to clear out the side stuff. I guarantee you'll regret not doing the main story, then getting the cool stuff towards the very end when you've run out of content to use it on.

Milamber

pro tip:

Do more story missions, they unlock fun tools you can use to clear out the side stuff. I guarantee you'll regret not doing the main story, then getting the cool stuff towards the very end when you've run out of content to use it on.

Shit, I've been constantly clearing out Jeet's area before going to Gutgash for his story stuff. Time to continue story.

Anyone else hates those games that expect you to play it through once to access all the content?

Really hating it with FF Type-0 HD that gives me missions in the first playthrough you cant complete (if you are not using that arena-"cheat").
A lot of Tales of Games are like that too, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom