• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

can I stop here?

3333k4yvp.jpg

of course, I can't

Haunted

Shit, I've been constantly clearing out Jeet's area before going to Gutgash for his story stuff. Time to continue story.
One word:
Thunderpoon
. After you get that tool during a certain story mission, the Magnum Opus is set to tackle most of the game's side content and you can just do what you want. Makes convoys much more fun to fight, too.

It's similar to Dying Light, where I would encourage people to rush to the grappling hook ASAP, and then start playing the game proper. :p

Arthea

wow, Zesty is already number two on top sellers list (GTAV still first, why?), we totally gonna make it, seeing it's at 94% now.

Is Xpadder still the best option to play games like Soul Reaver with a controller? And is there a free option or something?

The official site wants me to pay $11 for it, not sure if I want it so much.

Copons

Oh gawd, just read the (considerably old for internet standards, I know) TW3 Hearts of Stone Wot I Think on RPS and discovered that they added motherfucking giant spiders in it.

Goddamit, zkylon please send an email to CDPR saying just: "oh fuck off would you"

Related: is there some kind of modding thingy going on with TW3?
I'd love to have the chance to replace giant spiders with fluffy grizzly bears, even tho when I did it in Skyrim, those bears crawling around with sort-of-spidery animations where as creepy as their original counterparts if not even more. :'(

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh gawd, just read the (considerably old for internet standards, I know) TW3 Hearts of Stone Wot I Think on RPS and discovered that they added motherfucking giant spiders in it.

Goddamit, zkylon please send an email to CDPR saying just: "oh fuck off would you"

Related: is there some kind of modding thingy going on with TW3?
I'd love to have the chance to replace giant spiders with fluffy grizzly bears, even tho when I did it in Skyrim, those bears crawling around with sort-of-spidery animations where as creepy as their original counterparts if not even more. :'(
i'm just waiting to see screenshots so i know if i'm gonna refund it or not

was very disappointed when i heard they did that

Ribeiro

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ribeiro:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ribeiro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Red Faction Guerrilla Steam Edition -- MB-367544802D1471E6 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 5 entrants total.
Jagged Alliance 1: Gold Edition -- MB-2893D677E87079E2 - Taken by Kyougar. 4 entrants total.

t1444653129z1.png
Another one

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
One word:
Thunderpoon
. After you get that tool during a certain story mission, the Magnum Opus is set to tackle most of the game's side content and you can just do what you want. Makes convoys much more fun to fight, too.

I have the Thunderpoon, I just haven't completed the story missions that follows (breaching The Jaw).

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm guessing someone might eventually make a mod that replaces them with arachas or wolves or whatever, but i'd rather buy the game when i know for sure there's a mod, so i don't have another eternity situation

that fucking sucks

oipic

Shit, I've been constantly clearing out Jeet's area before going to Gutgash for his story stuff. Time to continue story.

Same. ~20 hours in (I'm frustratingly s-l-o-w at games and the screenshot mode is chewing time, too). Have almost cleared Jeet's territory, but have barely touched the story missions, as far as I can tell. No archangel thingy yet, and I think I'm verging on some screen burn-in from having 'Drive to Gutgash's stronghold' in the top corner for so long.

pro tip:

Do more story missions, they unlock fun tools you can use to clear out the side stuff.

Thanks for the tip, Haunted! Duly noted.

zkylon

zkylewd
Create a mod that replaces the spiders with Bing Bong from Inside Out.
i actually looked a bit into modding for this kind of thing but the problem is i can't really safely test for it and so i'm always gonna be paranoid about it which is basically same as doing nothing

They are not that bad. The look like Endrega warriors. And you can handle them :D
no, the one in the picture is literally the exact kind that gives me most trouble

Maybe some modders will release a no spider mod in the future like in skyrim.
i'll buy it then, no need to preorder something i cannot play

Copons

i'm guessing someone might eventually make a mod that replaces them with arachas or wolves or whatever, but i'd rather buy the game when i know for sure there's a mod, so i don't have another eternity situation

that fucking sucks

What has always baffled me is that all these devs working on RPGs or horror stuff, never seem to acknowledge arachnophobia.
I mean, it's not like it's a super rare condition. Like, I'm pretty sure the TW3 (or Skyrim, or HL2ep2, or whatever really) dev team statistically contains a bunch of arachnophobic people. I can't believe why those guys never stand up protesting against this shit.

They wouldn't even, I dunno, compromise their
shitty
artistic vision, but they could simply offer a "spiders, insects and other weird shit ON/OFF" switch in the game options, replacing them with pets, fairies, mutants, bears or whatever fits their setting.
And they could totally recycle a model already used somewhere else, and we wouldn't give a damn, as long as our games were, literally, bugs free.

zkylon

zkylewd
What's Zky's cutoff point?

8-bit spider's okay?
it's complicated, depends on many things, but it's likely there's no "cutoff point"

system shock 2, minecraft, resident evil, they're all very blocky and low res but they're in stressful scenarios so they're very unpleasant for me

What has always baffled me is that all these devs working on RPGs or horror stuff, never seem to acknowledge arachnophobia.
I mean, it's not like it's a super rare condition. Like, I'm pretty sure the TW3 (or Skyrim, or HL2ep2, or whatever really) dev team statistically contains a bunch of arachnophobic people. I can't believe why those guys never stand up protesting against this shit.

shitty
artistic vision, but they could simply offer a "spiders, insects and other weird shit ON/OFF" switch in the game options, replacing them with pets, fairies, mutants, bears or whatever fits their setting.
And they could totally recycle a model already used somewhere else, and we wouldn't give a damn, as long as our games were, literally, bugs free.
i mean, i don't really blame them, but i wish they did care more for this stuff. a toggle that replaces them with something else would be nice, although at that point you wonder why isn't there something for snakes or some other commonly feared animal.

like, in new vegas i'm fine with the radscorpions and cazadores and crickets but i can't stand the roaches. i know lots of people with phobias, i know people that fear cats and pidgeons and dogs the same way i fear most insects, so i don't think it's super realistic of me to expect obs or beth to add toggles for each creature type, even tho i wish they should

Hektor

sadly the whole thing of phobias is that you're crazy and u go to great lengths to avoid whatever it is that you fear

so u know, "face you fear", not gonna happen

Trypophobia is probably the worst. I refuse to believe that there are people that dont have it.

shitty
Can't have our gritty grimdark fantasy compromised. We must add all the spiders decapitations and other horrible shit.

zkylon

zkylewd
LOL My PC got mad hot trying to play witcha 1, maybe I need to blow some dust off.
weird

tho that game was pretty taxing for its time, maybe it still is

Trypophobia is probably the worst. I refuse to believe that there are people that dont have it.
i mean google that and you'll find really horrific shit

Is hypnotherapy worked for recovery of this kind of thing? or they just a scam?
i dunno, i wouldn't subject myself to that anyways

all i've tried, which has been sort of effective, is exposure therapy, but never for too long because it made my life more miserable it already is. exposure therapy is as the name says just bit by bit exposing yourself to your phobia like maybe talking about your fear and making some drawings and then looking at some pictures on google and maybe watching a video and then seeing a toy and then maybe touching it etc etc. very slowly and carefully because it's all stressful and painful af.

it does help but you also need to be a stronger person than i am to survive it

The thing about that is the typical example pics used for it are gross anyway. If you see an eye or xyz bodyparts which has a hive in its place it's going to freak you out whether you have that phobia or not. It's a bit misleading.

Copons

it's complicated, depends on many things, but it's likely there's no "cutoff point"

system shock 2, minecraft, resident evil, they're all very blocky and low res but they're in stressful scenarios so they're very unpleasant for me

i mean, i don't really blame them, but i wish they did care more for this stuff. a toggle that replaces them with something else would be nice, although at that point you wonder why isn't there something for snakes or some other commonly feared animal.

like, in new vegas i'm fine with the radscorpions and cazadores and crickets but i can't stand the roaches. i know lots of people with phobias, i know people that fear cats and pidgeons and dogs the same way i fear most insects, so i don't think it's super realistic of me to expect obs or beth to add toggles for each creature type, even tho i wish they should

Yeah, I thought about that when I was writing the post, but still, I guess they could do it for the most common phobias.
I mean, fear of spiders, insects and snakes are pretty common so it would make sense to offer an option for them. Fear of cats? Not really, come on. Also because cats (etc.) seldom are presented as threatening in games, and you can easily avoid them as simple pieces of the background. Spiders, not so much, in that you are always forced to confront them, often in close combat in tight locations, just for the fun of adding more bothering to us phobics.

Unrelated: I'm starting to hear some weird noises coming from my case, like fans spinning, maybe not louder but differently than before.
I guess dirt, dust, cat fur and my very own resistance to keeping the house clean are to blame, so I started checking out how to properly clean the innards of my PC.

I'm aware of the DataVac thingamabob, but it's crazily expensive in Italy (like, the one available on Amazon.com for 59$, searched by replacing .com with .it shows an obscene 130€ result).
So what's left is air compressed spray.
Only, I cannot understand how it would really work. I mean: I spray it around, dislocate the dust and... the dust would just settles back in a different place than before.
What am I missing?

Arthea

You lot talking about your thousands of steam games and I'm sitting here with 24.

I feel like less of a man...

I finished almost three times that number of games this year alone

feels so good to say that!

also if you'll visit this thread more often, 24 can be your weekly haul, if not more

Fuck chromatic aberration.

only two days till our GOTY releases without any CA, are you excited enough?

Dr Dogg

I really ought to change my avatar back seeing as can't even conjure up the effort to carry on with MGSV right now. This year half of the things I've been looking forward too have been somewhat underwhelming. As long as AssCreed turns out okish then all is well as GTAV, PoE and Witcher III overdelivered for me.

Hey cool. Alight this doesn't really work for you or anyone using the dark them but I'm sure I've hurt a few peeps eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom