• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

In the West it's still super niche. Although that is based entirely on anecdotal evidence, maybe someone has some actual numbers.

I mean it's not final fantasy. But then again that's the only hugely successful jrpg series in the west off the top of my head. Not counting dark souls since that's its own beast.

Corpekata

Banned
It will obviously make 100%, but if it didn't I'm sure they'd have a bunch of refunds coming.

On a related note, how successful is the "Tales of" series on consoles? Is it a multi-million seller or just a niche title?

Not multi-million, Tales of Xillia broke a million but was noteworthy for doing so.

Most sales are in Japan, the ones that are relative hits tend to sell a few hundred thousand in the US.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All that Dragon Quest salt...

Don't worry guys, we'll probably get the Android versions of the Dragon Quest series some day. And they'll look like this:

nQxwKyQ.png

Yeah Chloe is da bes, I ship her and Senel so hard back then ;__;

Don't worry the game tried to do that as well. Shirley is pretty crap character but, then again the forced love starting main love interest in most Tales games I don't care for. Even Symphonia 1.

Nyoro SF

Whenever the "mainstream" vs "niche" definition arguments start happening no one EVER backs down

I still remember that ridiculous Persona 5 thread that went on for like 30 pages because some people got their feathers ruffled over the Persona series being called "mainstream"

Whenever the "mainstream" vs "niche" definition arguments start happening no one EVER backs down

I still remember that ridiculous Persona 5 thread that went on for like 30 pages because some people got their feathers ruffled over the Persona series being called "mainstream"

I guess it depends on the comparison. As JRPGs go I think Tales is mainstream within its own genre.

I feel like I'm part of a dying breed that won't pay £39.99 for a PC game.

I only paid £28 though.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Months later and I still can't add games to the cart using Chrome. :/

I had this problem a few months ago. Visit chrome://settings/cookies and search for steampowered, which will bring up a whole list of different entries. Find the one with ~15-20 cookies and remove "shoppingCartGID" by selecting it and looking at the bottom of the cookie's info box.

Up to u
Lost world was sega's attempt at making a 3d mario-like platformer
The game has a friggin run button for crying out loud
Plus it has big modding potentiel

Zestiria is a jrpg woth generic anime ess but the combat would be satisfying.

welp thats all i need to know , will buy zestiria , now i need to get $28 to buy it hope i can do it soon to get the pre order bonus

I had this problem a few months ago. Visit chrome://settings/cookies and search for steampowered, which will bring up a whole list of different entries. Find the one with ~15-20 cookies and remove "shoppingCartGID" by selecting it and looking at the bottom of the cookie's info box.

That made it work! Thank you.

Use Firefox! :D

EDIT: Or what cheese said. >_>

Does Enhanced Steam is being supported again on Firefox?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does Enhanced Steam is being supported again on Firefox?

Not yet. Mozilla is working on a new extension backend that should allow me to support it again in the future.

Tizoc

Tizoc can you explain what exactly you mean by a run button? Is it a toggle or is it just like Mario games of holding a button to run?
I think it is hold to run
I was playimg 3ds ver and thats how running faster worked so i assume wii u ver is the same

Sorry i am typing from phone and i dont feel comfortable writing long sentences this way ^^;

I think it is hold to run
I was playimg 3ds ver and thats how running faster worked so i assume wii u ver is the same

Sorry i am typing from phone and i dont feel comfortable writing long sentences this way ^^;

That's really damn silly. Thanks for speaking despite being on your phone lol.

Anteater

So is the witcher 3 the best open world rpg ever? with its crafting system being the worst thing ever in gaming

Guys, thanks to Bernardo's generosity I am totally on the Zestiria hype train now!

I still haven't received my gift yet but it'll probably be here soon!

I'll just sit and wait patiently!

hM6YKpa.gif

We're at 98%

Good work Lou

Vamphuntr

Zestiria is #2 in the Steam top sellers, second only to CSGO. I wonder what is going on. I mean I have no doubt many people are happy like me we get a big JRPG series on steam but it's bizarre it's climbing the chart a week before it's release date.

Zestiria is #2 in the Steam top sellers, second only to CSGO. I wonder what is going on. I mean I have no doubt many people are happy like me we get a big JRPG series on steam but it's bizarre it's climbing the chart a week before it's release date.

People want a free game. Even if it's a inferior version of an original one.

They just announced the iDOLM@STER costume DLC

coincidence?

Surely it's just because people want two games for the price of one.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Also Zestiria is up on steamspy if you want to know how many preorders it has ( Now at 23,696 ± 3,871 if it's reliable)

Monooboe

Hey folks. What are your go-to - either all time or current - games you go when you feel down and just want to feel a bit better?

Diablo 3, not that it makes me feel better, more that it takes my mind of the bad. Something that does pick me up is getting engaged in a good RPG.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah Chloe is da bes, I ship her and Senel so hard back then ;__;
Same, I loved Chloe. ;_;

It'd be so much better if we didn't get a butchered version in the West. :\
Yeah, it's a shame about them not voicing the second half of the game and everything. I was also expecting to go to the continent at some point, because they kept talking about it.

It wouldn't be so bad if the characters design were better. Everyone is so fugly. Second half of the game is like palette swap land too. Best soundtrack in the entire series though.
Oh yeah, everyone looked like they hadn't eaten for days, it was kind of odd. But yeah there's no contest, that soundtrack was amazing.

MUnited83

For you.

I don't think it's bizarre at all. 1 week is pretty close, and more and more people are getting it because they are seeing how close to unlock the free Symphonia is. Many people were holding on until that.

Arthea

I like how you guys call series having something like 30 entries and being present pretty much on everything you can play games on and on something you can't, easy to miss.
Granted main series have "only" 15 games, but it's still very hard to miss.

Tizoc

I don't think it's bizarre at all. 1 week is pretty close, and more and more people are getting it because they are seeing how close to unlock the free Symphonia is. Many people were holding on until that.
Bamco also revealed specs of the game recently didnt they?

Nyoro SF

I didn't have any knowledge of how digital preorder trends worked before this (was there ever any data for this sort of thing?), but apparently people wait to preorder until very close to release, probably just because of publicity or because they like to time their funds with their purchases properly.

I like how you guys call series having something like 30 entries and being present pretty much on everything you can play games on and on something you can't, easy to miss.

If you aren't into JRPGs then of course it is easy to miss. It wouldn't be on your radar.

Arthea

Me neither and I'm not planning to change that any time soon.

These days I would consider bringing me to touch a JRPG a heroic feat.

you know, it's shocking (again) coming from you, as I was under impression you have no genre or geopolitical prejudices and just like fun games.
The more you know...

If you aren't into JRPGs then of course it is easy to miss. It wouldn't be on your radar.

well ya, but I don't buy not into JRPGs argument, you or like RPGs or not, you might prefer one type over the other, but at least you try all, well, I do.

So is the witcher 3 the best open world rpg ever? with its crafting system being the worst thing ever in gaming

I didn't think the crafting system was brutal, the only thing that really bugged me was not telling me how much of the crafted item I have.

"Well I don't know if I want to make some Hard Leather, I have no idea how much I have".

I haven't played a Tales Of game before. Should I revoke my gamer card?

Vamphuntr

People want a free game. Even if it's a inferior version of an original one.

They just announced the iDOLM@STER costume DLC

coincidence?

Surely it's just because people want two games for the price of one.

Oh yeah, everyone looked like they hadn't eaten for days, it was kind of odd. But yeah there's no contest, that soundtrack was amazing.

I get the free game thing but it was announced months ago when the steam page for the game opened. It's really weird how the counter was idling at 20% then all of sudden it started going up really quickly.

It's pity the TOS port is based on the PS3 collection but hey, you can't beat free.

Oh yeah they announced the collaborations costumes for the localized version. I still wonder how we are going to get the free stuff for the Steam version. The blog post talks about the EU VIP corner but the NA branch doesn't have that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom