• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExoSoul

Banned
I have no idea what it is since it wasn't marked but I own it.
Have a go and see if you don't.

Also if anyone wants a 25% off coupon for shelter complete edition let me know, I won't be needing it.

Oh, great. Yet another "your 32bit OS won't be able to download this 64bit OS game".
LhDhQYo.jpg
I really need to reinstall this damned laptop to 64bit.

Milamber

go read Goodnight Punpun while you're at it zkylon~

Do you want to make him hate manga forever?

i dunno, i feel like the manga gives you a taste of what comes after the band of the hawk part and i'm not sure i like it as much

tho maybe it's really different, idk

i just think the whole human aspect of the relationship of the different characters with griffith and with guts are the thing that hooked me the most, not grotesque monsters and gore

After the anime, the dark shit really gets dialled down and becomes more fantasy. It's pretty good. Especially when he gets his awesome armor.

Knurek

My Hearts of Stones CE is ready for pickup.
Just need to finish the shift at work and I can safely get back to finishing the goddamn main game, finishing all the witcher hunts and then, maybe, maybe playing the expansion.

Copons

go read Goodnight Punpun while you're at it zkylon~

I'd argue that the only possible entry point for Asano's works is Solanin.
Everything else is batshit insane and should be approached with extra care and it's better to get accustomed a bit with his (her?) nonsense before going all in.

zkylon

zkylewd
After the anime, the dark shit really gets dialled down and becomes more fantasy. It's pretty good. Especially when he gets his awesome armor.
yea i'll probably keep reading if anything because i don't have anything better to do

once my throat fixes up i'll probably drop it since i can't imagine myself reading like 350 chapters

we'll see

i don't like reading manga off my computer screen

wasteland 2 is 250 mb? wait what?
it's 15gbs

Copons

wasteland 2 is 250 mb? wait what?

It is not. :eek:
I'm downloading it right now: 7.8GB (with W2 vanilla installed btw, in case they share some assets and whatnot).

Also goddamit, I reinstalled W2 yesterday because I was super smartass, like ehe this way I'm only gonna have to download some megs instead of the whole game, without realizing it would have been a completely different entry. :'(

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm downloading it right now: 7.8GB (with W2 vanilla installed btw, in case they share some assets and whatnot).

Also goddamit, I reinstalled W2 yesterday because I was super smartass, like ehe this way I'm only gonna have to download some megs instead of the whole game, without realizing it would have been a completely different entry. :'(

i did the exact same thing

curse you saoirse

Anteater

Everything else is batshit insane and should be approached with extra care and it's better to get accustomed a bit with his (her?) nonsense before going all in.

Do you want to make him hate manga forever?

lol Punpun was the first manga I read from Asano, it's beautiful and definitely haunted me for weeks after finishing it.

Solanin is great, I'd say the film adaptation was pretty competent too just for the music we got out of it (spoilers!).

it's 15gbs

Can you share your appmanifest file after the game finished downloading, please?
I'd greatly appreciate it.

So I guess some sort of DLC was added to Costume Quest 2. I'm assuming it's a fix for the preorder bonus costumes since a lot of people were having issues with them not showing up in the game.

Copons

lol Punpun was the first manga I read from Asano, it's beautiful and definitely haunted me for weeks after finishing it.

Solanin is great, I'd say the film adaptation was pretty competent too just for the music we got out of it (spoilers!).

Cool video, I never checked out the film adaptation, but I guess I should!

Anyway, IIRC I started with some collection of short stories and then Solanin in a point in my life when I was a depressed "freeter" myself (driving a scooter, even!), so you can just imagine how hard it could hit me.

(and I still have to finish Punpun, because when it was published in Italy, I missed the second to last issue that got quickly out of print, and only got to complete it recently)

Can you share your appmanifest file after the game finished downloading, please?
I'd greatly appreciate it.

No prob.
As for now, I got this:
Code:
"BytesToDownload"    "8353907584"

Shouldn't it be +1 to the library? I had 1997 games before and it still shows me 1997 games

Yeah same, I deliberately didn't buy one of the weekly junk ones earlier so I'd be on 2601 and this would be 2602, my postcode! Small minds are easily entertained.

Nijigahara Holograph was my first. No regrets!

yea i'll probably keep reading if anything because i don't have anything better to do

once my throat fixes up i'll probably drop it since i can't imagine myself reading like 350 chapters

we'll see

i don't like reading manga off my computer screen

After the Eclipse the following two arcs are still going to be dark. It's afterwards it goes more into fantasy. Just so you adjust your expectations. Golden Age was the best, but it still has its moments afterwards.

Chariot

Ok, enough.
Even the comments on Fakku are about Undertale now. Nees to buy it today, there has to be somekind of witchcraft involved.

Arthea

Today I finish Contradiction and tomorrow I play Paint it Back, what a time to be alive!

After that I'll have to choose my main game and my spooky game and that is not easy at all.

Ok, enough.
Even the comments on Fakku are about Undertale now. Nees to buy it today, there has to be somekind of witchcraft involved.

stop right there!
I've been where you are and buying it was a mistake, be absolutely sure you need it and don't submit to the hype.

that doesn't look like Homeworld at all! or am I missing something here?

Dr Dogg

meh where do i find these silly components in bioshock, the game has a lot of fillers

The doodads you use in the vending machines to craft stuff? I think you get pretty much all of them from looting dead fools. There's some perks which make you get double components, get double the amount of items from the vending machines or the it costs less components to craft. Some are introduced later in the game and other are really fucking hard to hind compared to say rubber hoses.

Anteater

The doodads you use in the vending machines to craft stuff? I think you get pretty much all of them from looting dead fools. There's some perks which make you get double components, get double the amount of items from the vending machines or the it costs less components to craft. Some are introduced later in the game and other are really fucking hard to hind compared to say rubber hoses.

yeah, I need to craft some thingy for this main quest, the game has been pretty linear so far but now it's all like "go back to that place and find some stuff before you can continue!".

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If someone with a private profile sends you a friend invite, you should be able to view their profile while the invite is pending.

Anteater

atmosphere in bioshock is pretty cool tho, if they reuse assets and make some sorta low budget adventure game I'd probably buy it.

aw350

Banned
If someone with a private profile sends you a friend invite, you should be able to view their profile while the invite is pending.

That would make sense. You could accept - look at the profile - unfriend, but looking before accepting would be cleaner, I agree.

Anteater

watchdogs is pretty decent so far, I mean it's not that much worse than the tpses out these days, it's entertaining and enjoyable, surprised people have been pretty negative towards the game, it's not mechanically worse than something like ass creed.

Dr Dogg

watchdogs is pretty decent so far, I mean it's not that much worse than the tpses out these days, it's entertaining and enjoyable, surprised people have been pretty negative towards the game, it's not mechanically worse than something like ass creed.

I'll accept that as two backhanded complements. You're safe, for now....

Arthea

This talk about Bioshock reminded me that I haven't played any shooter since spring or something, I could do with an hour or two of shooting everything that moves and finding some cool weapons along a way (flamethrower would be a bonus). The problem is I don't want no cinematic crap or platforming, or multi, I could install some oldies again, but maybe I should try something new? What do you guys think?

really? That would be awesome

The layoffs were probably done because of something else (they talk about too eager expansion). It's too soon to judge whether HMB flopped or succeeded, I think - although it will flop in the end in my opinion.

I was kidding actually, but I also think that in its current state HMB has to fail.

aw350

Banned
This talk about Bioshock reminded me that I haven't played any shooter since spring or something, I could do with an hour or two of shooting everything that moves and finding some cool weapons along a way (flamethrower would be a bonus). The problem is I don't want no cinematic crap or platforming, or multi, I could install some oldies again, but maybe I should try something new? What do you guys think?

I have a couple of shooters stashed up exactly for this purpose - when I get nostalgic and would like to shoot things like "in the old days". Two prime spots are Unreal Tournament and Quake 3: Arena. I don't know if these games will work for you if you never played them, they are perhaps pretty dated, but they work for me every time.

PS: Of the new ones, I heard lots of good about Binary Domain. It's TPS though, not FPS, if that's important.

Arthea

I have a couple of shooters stashed up exactly for this purpose - when I get nostalgic and would like to shoot things like "in the old days". Two prime spots are Unreal Tournament and Quake 3: Arena. I don't know if these games will work for you if you never played them, they are perhaps pretty dated, but they work for me every time.

PS: Of the new ones, I heard lots of good about Binary Domain.

I've played way too much of UT back in a day, but Binary Domain might be a good suggestion, I actually still haven't played it, the reason why I haven't played it, it's compared to Gears of War which I don't like.

It looks like you haven't gotten to Bulletstorm yet, that might work. I had a great time with it. You can blast through it in probably 6 or 8 hours.

GFWL might be a problem though, not sure what the situation is with it currently.

Anteater

wolfenstein the new order is a mix of modern and old school fps from what I've played, sure there are cutscenes and stuff but it's mostly a run and gun game with stealth mixed in, farcry is cool too mechanically with ubi open world stuff if you're a weirdo that's into that kind of stuff.

and there's dishonored

Arthea

It looks like you haven't gotten to Bulletstorm yet, that might work. I had a great time with it. You can blast through it in probably 6 or 8 hours.

GFWL might be a problem though, not sure what the situation is with it currently.

Ya, I'm aware that Bulletstorm is something I would want to play, unfortunately GFWL makes it not possible, otoh could it be that GFWL was patched out already?

wolfenstein the new order is a mix of modern and old school fps from what I've played, sure there are cutscenes and stuff but it's mostly a run and gun game with stealth mixed in, farcry is cool too mechanically with ubi open world stuff if you're a weirdo that's into that kind of stuff.

and there's dishonored

cinematic crap, I should give it another chance but I just don't feel like it, I didn't like that beginning at all, like really really hated it, to the point that I was asking out loud, the hell they did to my Wolf? lol

Oh yeah, Dishonored is not exactly what I want... IDK... I'll think about it.

Thanks guys

gfwl is still there but the game still works

how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom