• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

hmm not sure if anything has changed but last time I tried the game you just need to log into gfwl and the game still works

well, here you go, I can't do that, no GFWL for my region, never was.

edited: I actually just remembered reading even that didn't work.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is this a new thing or something you want?

The latter.

That would make sense. You could accept - look at the profile - unfriend, but looking before accepting would be cleaner, I agree.

What's annoying is that's how invites from those with "friends only" profiles work, so it'd be a piece of cake to extend it to private profiles as well. I don't think I've ever accepted a request from someone with a private profile.

I don't even know how anyone could misunderstand what JaseC wrote

If someone with a private profile sends you a friend invite, you should be able to view their profile while the invite is pending.

he very clearly wrote should be able to

not "can" or "will be able to" or anything of the sorts

but should

he didn't imply anything

JaseC

by implying that it could be the thing?

Saying something should be a certain, different way doesn't imply it's happened or even probable. It's just an expression of a desired outcome, like "Saoirse should have been nominated for an Oscar for The Lovely Bones". If I'd responded to someone asking why they can't view the private profiles of pending friend requests, you'd have a point. ;)

Arthea

Saying something should be a certain way doesn't imply it's happened or even probable.

I hear you

nofunallowed.jpg

still, there are other things I'd rather valve would fix already, like slow ass inventory, there has to be a way to make it more manageable and I don't think they fixed badge pages problem until they add search there too.

JaseC

I hear you

nofunallowed.jpg

still, there are other things I'd rather valve would fix already, like slow ass inventory, there has to be a way to make it more manageable and I don't think they fixed badge pages problem until they add search there too.

I still want local chat logs. :(

Dr Dogg

Slow day in here huh?

So anyone got any early non spoilery impressions of Witcher III Hearts of Stone and why I would want to pick it up now and not at a later date on sale?

Sch1sm

qOEdyC9.png

Anyone want this?

Arthea

Tomorrow is that Xseed press event, wouldn't it be nice to have Trails TC announced on PC together with SC release date.

lemme dream

The_Monk

Morning everyone!

Decided to start right from the beginning with Wasteland 2 so right now I'm downloading the Director's Cut version and I plan to start fresh again.

The game is a good time sink even if I didn't play for more than 20 hours last time, I hope things will be different by now. It's such a nice game to play in those lazy Sundays after a long week, can't wait. :)

aw350

Banned
A quick question:

Does Steam (or bundle sites) normally have something special for Halloween? I mean, I get that nobody knows when's the next sale is going to be and it is pointless to ask, but was there something big roughly around Halloween in the last two-three years, or is this a non-date for Steam and friends?

(I am simply deciding on whether to spend the funds I allotted to games for this month now or wait till the end of month.)

Hektor

A quick question:

Does Steam (or bundle sites) normally have something special for Halloween? I mean, I get that nobody knows when's the next sale is going to be and it is pointless to ask, but was there something big roughly around Halloween in the last two-three years?

(I am simply deciding on whether to spend the funds I allotted to games for this month now or wait till the end of month.)

Steam had halloween sales, but those have been rather small. Not something to be excited for.

Arthea

A quick question:

Does Steam (or bundle sites) normally have something special for Halloween? I mean, I get that nobody knows when's the next sale is going to be and it is pointless to ask, but was there something big roughly around Halloween in the last two-three years, or is this a non-date for Steam and friends?

Yes, steam has dedicated Halloween sale, and most bundle sites do themed bundles.

Steam had halloween sales, but those have been rather small. Not something to be excited for.

It kinda is, if you want spooky games, last Halloween I missed some games because I thought, hey! the winter seal is soon... and some never appeared on winter sale.

Jawmuncher

I just found out that Wii U emulator for PC is in early stages XD

Not open source ATM so that's a problem.

Also I'm still pissed, we have PS3, 360, and WiiU currently being worked on. However there is no OG Xbox emulator. I know the reasons but I still think it's dumb. A mainline system with no preservation.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I just found out that Wii U emulator for PC is in early stages XD

Well it's pretty early in the Wiiu's lifecycle, only three years after it's launch there is already an emulator than can launch games on it(ofc not as early as Wii or gameboy but that's just some exceptions)

Not open source ATM so that's a problem.

Also I'm still pissed, we have PS3, 360, and WiiU currently being worked on. However there is no OG Xbox emulator. I know the reasons but I still think it's dumb. A mainline system with no preservation.

XQEMU is being worked on for OG xbox, here's a video of panzer dragoon orta getting to main menu.

Jawmuncher

Well it's pretty early in the Wiiu's lifecycle, only three years after it's launch there is already an emulator than can launch games on it(ofc not as early as Wii or gameboy but that's just some exceptions)

To be fair the WiiU is probably only sticking around for another year or two at best.

@your edit
That's good news didn't know a team started on a emulator again. Thank goodness. Still a shame the stuff that has to be done for preservation.

Arthea

To be fair the WiiU is probably only sticking around for another year or two at best.

Why would you say that? I thought it's not nearly successful enough for Nintendo to fund another console, I thought they'd want it to stay for while yet.

WiiU emulation probably will happen with time, stress on the time part.

You missed the whole new system in like a year thread I take it.

I totally did! When was it?

Jawmuncher

Why would you say that? I thought it's not nearly successful enough for Nintendo to fund another console, I thought they'd want it to stay for while yet.

You missed the whole new system in like a year thread I take it.

MUnited83

For you.

Exactly for not being sucessful. They need to push out a new one quick. I mean, we already know about it, its the NX and it will probably be released in 2016 or 2017.

Haunted

A quick question:

If there's a horror game you're eyeing, I'd definitely wait for the halloween sale.

derExperte

A few Devolver games are 75% off, for example LUFTRAUSERS and Hatoful.

I bet if I entered I'd win the game, and I have zero interest in it

I'll enter, win, hate play ten minutes and then tell y'all more about my disgust of JRPGs and how this generous gift fueled it even more.

stop right there!
I've been where you are and buying it was a mistake, be absolutely sure you need it and don't submit to the hype.

Buy Undertale, generate boosters day after day, make profit. It's not only a great game, it also prints money.

Hektor

Fallout 4
Bloodborne GOTY-Edition
P4DAN
Always sometimes Monsters
Contradiction
Danganronpa: Another Episode
Tales of Zestiria
Pillars of Eternity DLC's.

I also want to (re-)play:
Prison Architect Singeplayer campaign
Divinity: OS Enhanced Edition
Wasteland 2: Enhanced Edition

How am i supposed to do all that? I once successfully fought my backlog, but now he came back and crushed me.

FloatOn

Morning everyone!

Decided to start right from the beginning with Wasteland 2 so right now I'm downloading the Director's Cut version and I plan to start fresh again.

The game is a good time sink even if I didn't play for more than 20 hours last time, I hope things will be different by now. It's such a nice game to play in those lazy Sundays after a long week, can't wait. :)

can you use a controller on directors cut?

Monooboe

It's an amazing year for RPGs isn't it? Pillars of Eternity was awesome, Witcher 3 is even better and then Fallout 4 comes out. Re-releses of improved versions of Divinity:OS and Wasteland 2 and fans of JRPGS seem to get nice games too. Then we have Sword Cost Legends, which might not be all that great but it's still DND RPGS and it's been awhile since those.

Arthea

I'll enter, win, hate play ten minutes and then tell y'all more about my disgust of JRPGs and how this generous gift fueled it even more.

Buy Undertale, generate boosters day after day, make profit. It's not only a great game, it also prints money.

Tales aren't really games to play if you are already disgusted by the thought of playing JRPG, so ya, don't enter. You could still play The Last Remnant tho, for example, if you have 100 hours to spare and are willing to learn some new things.

Interesting... I haven't even checked, probably I should

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom