• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

He just simply probably needed a long break from the story. He wrote a 6 part manga, Gigantomakhia, during his hiatus. The man just wanted some vacation time
with Idolmaster.

I kinda stopped paying attention to Berserk as of 3 years ago.

Are they still on the fucking boat?

@-@
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gone Home With Soundtrack -- MB-A3EAB1EED0AD6F3A - Taken by criesofthepast. 8 entrants total.

t1444722131z1.png

Lolcomin

Banned
Probably never going to overclock, probably never going to use this computer ever again. WIll through it into the garbage disposal

Well, in honor of Tales hitting 100%, here's a copy for one lucky SteamGAFfer. Modbot is the magic that turns dreams into reality.

Fitting quote, since the winner's first major quest will be to give their thanks. As for those who don't win, their pain will only last for an instant.

Benedict

I'm way too inactive in this thread.
Still mostly playing Artifex Mundi games and idling cards to prepare for autumn and winter sales.
Clockwork Tales: of Glass and Ink is a good HO game although short. Probably the best so far.
Also, when playing it's clear that the puzzles get reused a lot by the developers and reappear in most of the games.

Khronico

I realized about a year ago that I'm better off not caring about Berserk anymore, I've made peace with the fact that it will probably never get finished.

All I want right now is a new Berserk game.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea i dunno if i want platinum handling the pacing and worldbuilding

i'd rather from just did everything

tho i dunno if i want a berserk game

i dunno if i want a berserk anything

i kind of wish i could forget everything i saw of that show -__-

Milamber

yea i dunno if i want platinum handling the pacing and worldbuilding

i'd rather from just did everything

tho i dunno if i want a berserk game

i dunno if i want a berserk anything

i kind of wish i could forget everything i saw of that show -__-

The show is a poor representation of the manga. Even I hated the show but I loved the manga. Read the manga.

Ban Puncher

I can't wait to play all those Wii U games that require the tablet controller on my PC with a keyboard.

Oh wait no I don't because that will be a big ball of flaming fucking shit.

zkylon

zkylewd
played a bit of ronin

can't say i like it much, in concept it's fantastic but in actual execution it's very frustrating and trial and error with a lot of enemy types that feel like they're designed against the basic mechanics in the game and some very finicky stuff around ropes and ledges and stuff

when it works it works, but more often than not it's just not that great

The show is a poor representation of the manga. Even I hated the show but I loved the manga. Read the manga.

i thought the anime was great

it was just horrific stuff

Momentary

Banned
Maybe Platinum does the gameplay and From does everything else.

I'm down with that if that's the case.

Yeah... I couldn't imagine Guts using slow as molasses Dark Souls combat. That dude is a hurricane of metal. I would be cool with From handling it if they use Artorias as their inspiration on what combat should look like.

zkylon

zkylewd
Then you'd be thrilled/horrified (Thrillified?) with the manga then.

i've been reading it for a few hours today, got up to when guts meets griffith (so really early on) and yeah, it's already significantly darker than the anime, fairy guy and all, and it's pretty interesting how basically the big plot twist of the anime is very openly revealed so early in the manga.

in any case, neither the anime or the manga are for the faint of heart, so it's kind of hard to watch/read. i tend to gravitate towards dark stuff like this but i'm not a fan of the extreme violence and cruelty on display

Anteater

I think the Eclipse is just hard to animate without it feeling silly, I watched the films which were pretty decent for the most part until the downfall of Griffith and all the sex scenes.

Milamber

i've been reading it for a few hours today, got up to when guts meets griffith (so really early on) and yeah, it's already significantly darker than the anime, fairy guy and all, and it's pretty interesting how basically the big plot twist of the anime is very openly revealed so early in the manga.

in any case, neither the anime or the manga are for the faint of heart, so it's kind of hard to watch/read. i tend to gravitate towards dark stuff like this but i'm not a fan of the extreme violence and cruelty on display

It gets much better after the fall of the troupe. The early stuff is crap. They never animated it too, which is a shame. They keep animating the early stuff till the eclipse in the reboot too.

I suggest you keep reading past the non-animated stuff. It really picks up after that.

Just like mah japanese RPG's.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

cmWEPrK.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-C0FE5C68943E93B7 - Taken by ExoSoul

zkylon

zkylewd
it's a separate sub, so gotta download it again

ffs

It gets much better after the fall of the troupe. The early stuff is crap. They never animated it too, which is a shame. They keep animating the early stuff till the eclipse in the reboot too.

I suggest you keep reading past the non-animated stuff. It really picks up after that.

Just like mah japanese RPG's.
i dunno, i feel like the manga gives you a taste of what comes after the band of the hawk part and i'm not sure i like it as much

tho maybe it's really different, idk

i just think the whole human aspect of the relationship of the different characters with griffith and with guts are the thing that hooked me the most, not grotesque monsters and gore

The anime is pretty good, barring some cut that removing some great moment and depth in the story.
haven't seen all the anime stuff in the manga but so far it seems like they cut the right stuff.

since it's the golden age arc there's no need for puck to be there and some of the more explicit details about guts are left up to interpretation which i thought it was pretty ok

i thought the anime was great, the ost in particular was really something else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom