• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmarg

I probably spend anywhere from $10 - 20 a month on HBs, but even I wouldn't throw down for this. Without any way to know how many games I'm getting per go, it's useless to me. Say what you will about Groupees, but the entry point is a lot cheaper and you know how many titles you're getting in each one, as well as hints.

Humble is far more likely to have games people actually want to play.

Ludens

Banned
Humble "Hope you won't burn your money" bundle.
Now only 12$ monthly, powered by your desire for good games.

madjoki

IGN Prime did this better way before.
They actually never charged any money until they 'nerfed' it.

First month(s) is/are probably good to generate hype.

MUnited83

For you.
Ah sweet, more trashy Simulator games to play when I drink with my friends... top bundle!!!

These games are 20€ each on Steam :p

It seems the kind of bundle Bundlestars would do for 2.99$ lol. Most of those have bad reviews as well. I wouldn't mind the price if they were the quality of say, Car Mechanic Simulator 2015 or Euro Truck.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
It seems the kind of bundle Bundlestars would do for 2.99$ lol. Most of those have bad reviews as well. I wouldn't mind the price if they were the quality of say, Car Mechanic Simulator 2015 or Euro Truck.

yeah, I missed the price, didn't even cross my mind that this is more than 4€ or so...

dex3108

"We are aware of the issues that players have experienced following the launch of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 and are working with the developer to address these so that we can continue to improve the gameplay experience for all of the Tony Hawk fans who have known and loved this franchise for more than 16 years" by Activision XD

I can't imagine how big backslash would be if game was released on Steam XD Review score would be negative value XD

Turfster

Also, it looks like only 5% of the proceeds go to a Paypal charity. No indication that you get the sliding scale you do from weekly bundles to affect that amount.

But it's creditcard only.

FFS.

This should have been taken out behind the barn and shot before it even got out of the first spin meeting.

There's no "extra $200". If in 2019, I really really miss one of those games I'll buy it for cents and still come out cheaper.

But you said it cost $4 a month, $4 for 4 more years (2019 as you said) is $192, no? In order to keep those game for the 4 years you need to pay that much money, and then on top of that buy the game for whatever it costs when or if you cancel. so there is a guaranteed upkeep of $4 a month, unless you flat out buy the game, a game in the Humble thing would only cost $12. I don't see how you would come out ahead.

Soon

Tomorrow, Half-Life 3 will overtake TF2 to become the Valve game with the longest gap between announcement and release

From the best evidence I can find, Valve bought TF Software and announced Team Fortress 2 somewhere around June 1, 1998. It was released on October 9, 2007 - 3417 days later.

Half-Life 2: Episode Three was announced on May 24, 2006 with a projected release date of Christmas 2007 and now here we are, 3417 days later and the game we now call Half-Life 3 isn't here yet. Tomorrow will be day #3418 and TF2 will be knocked into second-place.

Humble is far more likely to have games people actually want to play.

Debatable. They've had their share of crap bundles too.

If I were to buy this, it would need a minimum of 8 games per month (including 1 or 2 solid titles that haven't been bundled before), adjustable donation slider and a grace period to buy if I didn't get in on it beforehand, even at a slightly higher price.

Tizoc

$0.60
60 cents
sixty fucking cents

You generous bastards.

That's from 1 purchase,
consider that 10,000 people opt for the monthyl bundle thing, that's $6,000
Now consider that the average purchases of each HB or WB is 100,000, that's $60,000 for that charity.

Furthermore, nothing's stopping you from giving away all your money to that charity if you want, just contact them and give them all your money~

SSPssp

So what are the odds there'll be a non-subscriber price? Like $15-20 for a bundle.

According to the FAQ if you don't subscribe you don't get it at all. Just the top tier game as an instant bonus game if you subscribe for the next month.

Edit: Madjokied.

Aaron D.

I own Farm Mechanic Simulator and it's okaaaay, but that's about it.

I picked it up 'cause I absolutely love both Car Mechanic Simulator and Farming Simulator, but FMS doesn't measure up.

It's not broken trash like UIE peddles, but it's just slightly above middling.

They specifically say that there won't be. You get 'best' game of current bundle when subbing for first time.

"Best" is subjective.

That's from 1 purchase,
consider that 10,000 people opt for the monthyl bundle thing, that's $6,000
Now consider that the average purchases of each HB or WB is 100,000, that's $60,000 for that charity.

Furthermore, nothing's stopping you from giving away all your money to that charity if you want, just contact them and give them all your money~

But why don't have just have a slider like the rest of their bundles where I can choose how to divide up the money? Charities are getting less with the sub plan than through the other bundles.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
But why don't have just have a slider like the rest of their bundles where I can choose how to divide up the money? Charities are getting less with the sub plan than through the other bundles.

If I had to guess? It's so that they know they have guaranteed revenue split that will help them negotiate with publishers.

Shantom

I'd subscribe to that Humble thing if I didn't have to pay in dollars. As it is, the bank fees I'd incur means it's not worth it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
i just feel not knowing what you're gonna get is terrible, there should be some sort of discount for that

Let's pretend (for the sake of simplicity) that every monthly bundle includes 6 games. That's $2/game. In a year you'll receive 72 games for $144. For those of us that are used to getting games for pennies each splitting IndieGala happy hours and pre-ordering Groupees bundles for $1 that have 8 games, this is not a good value proposition.

For the average "console gamer" / "casual game consumer" that typically buys 3 games or less for $144, the proposition seems much more alluring. Long story short, something like this isn't really targeted towards us.

yuraya

12 per month is just too much. Its a good idea but at that cost they would have to guarantee new releases otherwise I don't see many people subbing. That is probably asking for too much tho.

Something like 5-7 a month would be perfect. I kinda wanna see how successful it will be I wonder if we will be able to use steamspy to crosscheck how many people subbed. The Grimrock incentive is nice of them to do. I wonder if they are gonna do similar thing for next month.

MGS5 Eli question (End Game)

Did I miss something? There is a tape where it's said that the DNA showed Eli wasn't a clone ("You are NOT the father...."), but by end game it's basically stated he's a clone (Liquid). The fuck did I miss? Or is it just Kojima?

Let's pretend (for the sake of simplicity) that every monthly bundle includes 6 games. That's $2/game. In a year you'll receive 72 games for $144. For those of us that are used to getting games for pennies each splitting IndieGala happy hours and pre-ordering Groupees bundles for $1 that have 8 games, this is not a good value proposition.

For the average "console gamer" / "casual game consumer" that typically buys 3 games or less for $144, the proposition seems much more alluring. Long story short, something like this isn't really targeted towards us.

Even worse if you factor in games you already own. 6 games, you own 5, one key.

$12 down the drain.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
same all I want is Stay Dead.. that RPG looks okay too

do I spend a dollar for them, use a dollar groupees coin or just wait for the next bundle stay dead is in

decisions decisions

I have a extra stay dead

jshackles

Even worse if you factor in games you already own. 6 games, you own 5, one key.

$12 down the drain.

Yes, exactly. Don't get me wrong, this happens on other services too (like PS+) but the cost is so much lower that it doesn't really bother me when it does.

It's only one key ?

We don't know yet, but it could be done that way to help cut down on resellers.

Ludens

Banned
MGS5 Eli question (End Game)

Did I miss something? There is a tape where it's said that the DNA showed Eli wasn't a clone ("You are NOT the father...."), but by end game it's basically stated he's a clone (Liquid). The fuck did I miss? Or is it just Kojima?

It's right. He is not a clone...of Venom. Venom is the medic, so he is not Big Boss. Eli is a clone, but a Big Boss's clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom