• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

I'm assuming he's meaning that if soccer didn't have 'offsides' and you choose to leave a few guys back, it would be a similar situation as a power play in hockey as far as 5 on 4 etc.

That's wot m8

except by mentioning hockey he must understand why hockey has an offside rule and that same logic can be applied to soccer.

also power plays are punishment for players on the other team doing bad things, soccer has this same mechanic with red cards, except unlike in hockey, the team doesn't get their player back

m8

Eila

Yikes at 12 bucks. It's like groupees^3, except with groupees you at a least know most games before pre-purchasing.

Humble monthly bundle
Price: 12$/month
lolno

Legend of Grimrock 2 comes as a bonus for signing up now.

Behind the lulz, there's a pretty big bummer, in that they're now going to be inclined to hold back other games from traditional bundles. That they're advertising the monthly sub games as having "never been in bundles before" sort of screams that we're in for a lot more duplicate bundles, too.

But I missed the bundles with Spacechem in it, so I'm cool with duplicates until I pick that up.

Arthea

You probably have the Gold version that's free on dlh, not the one that's on the steam store.

Yeah, that is the case, it so confusing at times

edited: that's it, from now on I'm taking one steam buck for every mention of word soccer and football, you've been warned.
It can only be used for free together with words FM(insert a year here), Fifa the game and PES.

Backlogger

If I spent more than $12/mo at Humble already then it might be worth it. I spend nowhere near that even when I am buying a lot of bundles in a row.

Jawmuncher

12 bucks to not know what i'm getting? No thanks. Granted I know they're trying to do a loot crate sort of thing, but I just don't see it working for digital games.

KingKong

is it really that difficult to understand, I think something like icing or pass interference are a lot more complicated

Jazz573

Such an obvious troll at this point. Do you want anime gifs? That's how you get anime gifs.

3b0mHkc.jpg

Can confirm. :p

offsides is stifling offensive play. the rules in these games aren't set in stone and change with the times, no? why is the suggestion that the game would be better without it unreasonable except for "this is how things are?"
Maybe basketball would be better if everyone had jetpacks? Ever thought about that?

Oh I guess that would change the sport completely and thus be pretty stupid

MUnited83

For you.
They are going to need a very, very good bundle this friday if they expect this to sell anything at all.

I'd totally be up for a 20$ subscription that granted you all the bundles they release monthly at the highest tiers ;)

Ozium

I'm going to sign up for the monthly bundle, when I get games like DROPSY, SOMA, ARK, ROCKET LEAGUE, and other HOT NEW INDIE TITLES delivered to my inbox you all will be sorry.

yuraya

Forget about the offside rules. Soccer will always be a bullshit sport because the soccer leagues around the world don't have salary caps. No point in watching any of that shit. Its all corrupt. Just look at the roster for Barcelona. Look at how much Abramovich spent on Chelsea players in the past 5 years. Of course those teams will win. Its the biggest load of shit. I'll watch international play every couple years but that is about as far as I go.

This is why NFL, NBA and NHL are the only things worth watching. They have caps as a result their playoffs and seasons are the best. They have teams that can go from worst to best in as little as 5 years time. Everything else is fundamentally flawed.

Anyways enough about foosball. I'm pissed Divinity enhanced doesn't come out until end of october (according to console release). I was hoping its early oct. Really in the mood to replay that game.

Humble monthly bundle
Price: 12$/month
lolno

Jake-Gyllenhaal-Nightcrawler-GIF-pointing-laughing.gif

except by mentioning hockey he must understand why hockey has an offside rule and that same logic can be applied to soccer.

also power plays are punishment for players on the other team doing bad things, soccer has this same mechanic with red cards, except unlike in hockey, the team doesn't get their player back

m8

you know what i meant. having players sitting on one side of the field doing much of nothing would be an advantage on the other end. I used the power play as a shorthand for such a situation to make my opinion easier to digest but then you went off and made it complicated.

Maybe basketball would be better if everyone had jetpacks? Ever thought about that?

Oh I guess that would change the sport completely and thus be pretty stupid

if other sports were doing it and it was done in an attempt to make the game better then, sure, why not. even if other sports werent doing it, if it's in an attempt to better the game then i'll hear it out. Give it a season or two, see if it sticks. People were opposed to the 3 point line and the 24 second clock too because some folks are adverse to change

also, lol at that bundle. At least price it similarly to PS+, XBL, or EA Access if that's what youre trying to do, humble

MUnited83

For you.
Except with Netflix you have some idea what content you have access to...

This is more like those blind boxes from Loot Crate and the like

If I understand it right you can subscribe while a bundle is going on? Maybe?

If you can't subscribe and get a bundle that is going on at the moment you subscribe this is the most useless piece of shit idea ever.

tmarg

Subscriptions will never work for PC. Prices are too low already. That $12 could get me 2 games that I know I want right now, or I could wait and get their mystery games.

Obviously some people just can't resist a gamble, but they probably won't have to get burned very many times before they drop out.

Ozium

Except with Netflix, you know what's on there, and can sign up after something new gets added that interests you.

You don't know what's in a monthly bundle, and if there's something in it that interests you, it's already too late to get it.

The Humble Modbot Monthly

So this means Humble basically dead now, right?

They have Weekly bundle, bi-monday bundle, and now this monthly bundle. No way they can produce quality bundles across all 3.

I'd say the monthly will have a couple really nice bundles, and then slide into shit-tier territory.

If I understand it right you can subscribe while a bundle is going on? Maybe?

If you can't subscribe and get a bundle that is going on at the moment you subscribe this is the most useless piece of shit idea ever.

I don't think you'll be able to while the bundle is going on. It wouldn't make sense from a business perspective because I could just wait for the bundles I like and 'buy' them for $12 and cancel afterwards.

Thinking about it more, I might sign up if they had some kind of system that personalized the bundles for each particular user so that it could scan their existing Humble library to make sure they don't get games they already have. That's probably an unrealistic way of doing it.

inm8num2

They lost me at 'Subscribe...'

But... "Every bundle you get is yours to keep."

Think of the possibilities!

This isn't for me at all - I share the sentiment that the better games will be reserved for subscribers. Some of those might turn up a year later in a weekly or standard numbered bundle, though. ;)

I probably spend anywhere from $10 - 20 a month on HBs, but even I wouldn't throw down for this. Without any way to know how many games I'm getting per go, it's useless to me. Say what you will about Groupees, but the entry point is a lot cheaper and you know how many titles you're getting in each one, as well as hints.

Ozium

if 11 people on steamgaf want to PM me a dollar I am willing to throw in a dollar of MY OWN MONEY to test the waters of this to make sure it is safe for steamgaf..

#Selflessness

Ludens

Banned
Well, it seems HumbleBundle is over, now.
We already saw a huge step down compared to the past regarding good indie titles on being in lower/middle tier, now is basically sure good indie will be given away to monthly subscribers.

i could see the first month having dope shit in it tho... hmmm nah im good, they can go eat a dick, I'm not spending $12 on a bundle that i have no idea whats in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom