• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
It's taken.

Also, due to... unforseen cicumstances, VO is becoming a bitch and a half to get into our game. Right now, 75% of the game has VO in it, but not for every character. It's literally the only thing holding us back from launching on Steam (that and if Lord Gaben suddenly ungreenlights us).

This of course is not the ideal situation, but what does the GAF Hivemind think of, say, a game releasing with only half the VO, but with a patch (free, of course) containing the other VO later on?

I would hold off, personally. Statistics have shown that you only really get one 'launch' and for a product of such niche, you'll want as complete a presentation as possible.

Kyougar

soooo.....

The paradox weekend huh.

82znhovsrcym.png

Caerith

It's taken.

Also, due to... unforseen cicumstances, VO is becoming a bitch and a half to get into our game. Right now, 75% of the game has VO in it, but not for every character. It's literally the only thing holding us back from launching on Steam (that and if Lord Gaben suddenly ungreenlights us).

This of course is not the ideal situation, but what does the GAF Hivemind think of, say, a game releasing with only half the VO, but with a patch (free, of course) containing the other VO later on?

Do all the missing VO yourself as a Gilbert Gottfriend impersonator, then re-release the game a while later as a special edition with actual voice acting.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Hmm, soccer gaf gets banned and now you've started talking about soccer on every page of the steam thread, I think we're done for if this continues :p

Ozium

well it's autumn time and winter is coming so I decided to do the only sane thing possible and cut off my beard so my skin can feel the cool refreshing minnesota breeze

Arthea

Explain this, rhaknar

http://i.imgur.com/XoMu4hO.png[/IMG[/QUOTE]

I was about to ask exactly same thing, I have more like this in my activity feed.
You can now wishlist nothing? I knew this day will come, but it's tad too soon

Caerith

I was about to ask exactly same thing, I have more like this in my activity feed.
You can now wishlist nothing? I knew this day will come, but it's tad too soon

The path to steam enlightenment is to have a wishlist full of nothing.

Nzyme32

**PSA**

For anyone who gets Beginner's Guide and crashes on start up, I got a fix from the dev:

Set the launch properties in Steam to:

-windowed -noborder -w 1366 -h 768

or whatever your resolution is - it's really that simple!

Ozium

**ANCIENT ALIENS**

For anyone who gets Beginner's Guide and crashes on start up, I got a fix from the dev:

Set the launch properties in Steam to:

-windowed -noborder -w 1366 -h 768

or whatever your resolution is - it's really that simple!

fixed

Mikurden

It's taken.

I don't know how it would be received by a wider audience, but speaking as someone who has many games (both digital and physical) that I have yet to play, it wouldn't be an issue because it would probably be fully patched by the time I got around to actually playing it. I know there are plenty of people like me, but I guess many would probably view it more unfavorably on principle and/or because they had doubts that your unforeseen circumstances would ever get sorted out to allow you to fully finish it.

Incidentally, I don't know if this game got underway before I was around or maybe I missed the discussion, but what game is this?

Jesus H. Christ, that Man Game is great.

I don't know how it would be received by a wider audience, but speaking as someone who has many games (both digital and physical) that I have yet to play, it wouldn't be an issue because it would probably be fully patched by the time I got around to actually playing it. I know there are plenty of people like me, but I guess many would probably view it more unfavorably on principle and/or because they had doubts that your unforeseen circumstances would ever get sorted out to allow you to fully finish it.

Yeah, the general census seems to be either release it without VO or with VO, and it plays much better with VO. Well, obviously.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Did stump say if it only affects the first PSA or all instances of it?
Wonder what a thread that's just PSA PSA PSA PSA would turn into.

ive thought about doing this just to see what happens but that's a guaranteed junioring

hoping it doesn't come to that and people just keep making dumb PSA threads so i see them all

Knurek

Arthea, if I come off as snarky, I'm just pissed that we were given that shitty Humble Netflix bundle, instead of a proper weekly one. :(

Also, looking at sales of HIB15, we're getting less indies and more Uplay ones in the future. :\

Mikurden

Jesus H. Christ, that Man Game is great.

Yeah, the general census seems to be either release it without VO or with VO, and it plays much better with VO. Well, obviously.

Now that I think about it, when you say VO is 75% complete, does this mean that characters that currently have VO are 100% complete while others are at 0% or is it a mix, for whatever reason, where various characters have varying levels of VO-completeness? If the former, are the 0% characters less-important members of the supporting cast or minor NPCs like merchants or whatever? If so, that's not so bad, but even the latter situation wouldn't be too jarring as long as all of the more important/lengthy bits were voiced. Again, my opinion may be in the minority relative to a wider audience, but as an older gamer, many (if not most) of the games I've played were partially/completely unvoiced, so it really would be a fairly minor issue to me -- far from a deal-breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom