• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
basketball has no offsides and look at all the trouble they're dealing with in regards to popularity and growth.

Basketball is tiny in Europe compared to football. They're fundamentally different in the the way a game is supposed to play out and that's good. I think Basketball is pretty dumb tbh and its great that not every sport is the same.

If you just leaned what offsides are today I don't think you're really qualified to judge the sport.

derExperte

basketball has no offsides and look at all the trouble they're dealing with in regards to popularity and growth.

who cares if the other team leaves a couple of people on one side of the field? that means they have less defenders on the other side, it's like a hockey power play all day. there's a risk reward to that strategy.

seems like something invented by a sore loser, like those people who think throwing is unfair in fighting games

not falling for this cause I know you only want to make footy fans mad so they call you a proper cunt so they get banned and no more footy GIFs

'Now let me explain to you all why all these great looking numbers are actually disappointing.' - Every PC sales thread ever.

who cares if the other team leaves a couple of people on one side of the field? that means they have less defenders on the other side, it's like a hockey power play all day. there's a risk reward to that strategy.

seems like something invented by a sore loser, like those people who think throwing is unfair in fighting games

Cristiano Ronaldo would be scoring 10 goals every game. RIP Football

Arthea

Basketball is tiny in Europe compared to football. They're fundamentally different in the the way a game is supposed to play out and that's good. I think Basketball is pretty dumb tbh and its great that not every sport is the same.

If you just leaned what offsides are today I don't think you're really qualified to judge the sport.

eh, basketball is not so tiny in Europe as you think, of course it's nowhere near popularity of football, but still. You only think so because germans are so bad at it.
Also it's not dumb!

also can we get back to steam matters now?

how about that Conquest of the Americas, anyone?

tmarg

Maybe you didn't understand it? Soccer (football soz Chariot) would be hella dumb without offsides.

I understand that soccer needs offsides, but they way they implement it is rather obtuse. Hockey's offsides rule accomplishes essentially the same thing, but in a far more elegant manner.

Cristiano Ronaldo would be scoring 10 goals every game. RIP Football

that sounds like a high scoring affair with lots of tension and stuff. offsides seems like an attempt to even the playing field so the better team can't just run the other team out of the stadium.

I was supposedly watching one of the best teams in the world over the summer, argentina, playing against salsa's nation of chile and was bored to tears by that game. it was dreadful to watch and had the excitement of a tortoise doing a marathon.

the reason i bring this up is that FIFA 15 is coming out so i figured i'd check that out and see what soccer looks like in 2015.

Caerith

Now available on Steam:

The Broken Age documentary.

Hope they add a Steam key to the humble page for backers, but after the way they handled the soundtrack I won't hold my breath.

that sounds like a high scoring affair with lots of tension and stuff. offsides seems like an attempt to even the playing field so the better team can't just run the other team out of the stadium.

Except there would be no tension. Top sides would never lose, and Barcelona would likely win everything every single year, considering they have a really strong offense and rarely concede possession. That's the opposite of fun.

Dr Dogg

I get it, SteamGAF are a bunch of goal hangers hoping to get their 15 minutes of fame with little to no effort.

Except there would be no tension. Top sides would never lose, and Barcelona would likely win everything every single year, considering they have a really strong offense and rarely concede possession. That's the opposite of fun.

then why not devise a defensive plan to attack that instead of crying that you can't fight it and please implement rules to make things fairer for us who can't compete otherwise? Again, seems it's penalizing the better team for being better.

in baseball, there's always a complaint that the teams that spend most will be more likely to win the world series. However, that's not been the case. Plenty of supposedly crappier teams make it to the world series and often win it. I dont buy it

Tenrius

All done with Grim Fandango! The latter half is pretty weak, to be honest. It feels rushed and most of the puzzles are illogical.

derExperte

Football needs more goals because it's clearly struggling for attention and I've seen this one game that was boring while I have no idea of the ebbs and flows and tactics of football so let me suggest some well thought out rule changes and fuck everyone who knows and loves the game like it is.

Pls no.

I understand that soccer needs offsides, but they way they implement it is rather obtuse. Hockey's offsides rule accomplishes essentially the same thing, but in a far more elegant manner.

There are reasons why every game has it's own specific rules, hockey's offside would not really work.

This happens in college basketball just about every year. Other sports as well, just not as often.

Ozium

whining about off sides rule in soccer

mentions hockey

-hockey has an off sides rule

u wot m8

Granjinha

'Now let me explain to you all why all these great looking numbers are actually disappointing.' - Every PC sales thread ever.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. People are really defensive about 'My platform does better numbers' Thing is, no one is arguing that the PC version was the best selling one. Just that those were really good numbers.

But it really bothers some people.

I think Armikrog might be doomed.
It's just out and has already dropped to "mixed" with almost 200 reviews.

It came out with a game-breaking bug. Two delays weren't enough.

Also, it has really shitty compression from what i've read.

whining about off sides rule in soccer

mentions hockey

-hockey has an off sides rule

u wot m8

i never mentioned hockey. I mentioned basketball regarding offsides and referencing it's popularity and baseball regarding issues with supposedly stacked teams and debunking that.

Such an obvious troll at this point. Do you want anime gifs? That's how you get anime gifs.

if that's the only way you know how to respond then steamgaf has conditioned you to not be able to have a proper discussion. To that i apologize and hope you feel better

Ozium

hockey's offside rule uses the blue lines because the field of play is a lot smaller than in soccer and the speed is much faster

you ppl cant be srs

Tizoc

I think Armikrog might be doomed.
It's just out and has already dropped to "mixed" with almost 200 reviews.
Which is a shame as the visuals and puzzles or progression are good, but the overall UI is really bad.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. People are really defensive about 'My platform does better numbers' Thing is, no one is arguing that the PC version was the best selling one. Just that those were really good numbers.

But it really bothers some people.

It came out with a game-breaking bug. Two delays weren't enough.

Also, it has really shitty compression from what i've read.

Only bug I encountered was with saving or overwriting a saved file.
I guess I just need to constantly make multiple save files at this rate.

Ozium

i never mentioned hockey

u wot m8

if that's the only way you know how to respond then steamgaf has conditioned you to not be able to have a proper discussion. To that i apologize and hope you feel better

I don't even like sports but it's so incredibly easy to see how different rules work for different sports that you HAVE to be trolling.

my bad, i forgot i mentioned the power play. I meant that you'd have an advantage regarding a difference in players on one side of the field that you could leverage, i wasn't comparing their rule sets or how they handle offsides

I don't even like sports but it's so incredibly easy to see how different rules work for different sports that you HAVE to be trolling.

offsides is stifling offensive play. the rules in these games aren't set in stone and change with the times, no? why is the suggestion that the game would be better without it unreasonable except for "this is how things are?"

Humble monthly bundle
Price: 12$/month
lolno

giphy.gif

derExperte

Just ask this lady what she thinks about seeing even more goals.

brazil-woman.gif

That's also me right now seeing that HB monthly thingy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom