• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

The Park

v5hkQcW.jpg

Has Stealth sale, includes MG Rising, Ghost Recon, a bazillion AssCreeds and countless other titles that seem an odd fit. I guess stealth has a loose interpretation these days.

Also watching the FIFA 16 Quick Look has me both creasing up in laughter and cringing by how clueless Jeff, Dan and Danny from Gamespot are.

Well, you can play a bit of MGR as a Stealth game. Avoiding unnecessary encounters, sneaking to kill as many enemies as you can to move through an area and skip graded battles. I wouldn't argue that it's the main focus of the game, but it does have a stealth element. Not like it's DMC or anything where there is no stealth, just stylish action with the volume maxed out at 11. That's not to say I think it's the best fit, but it has elements of stealth in it for being primarily a character action game.

Ghost Recon fits this too, I think, from what I remember of the series. Yeah, you can try playing it as an all out action shootbang, but you'll die quickly. So your goal is to take the enemy by surprise and be a "ghost". Not your typical "stealth" game, but I'd say it's a stealth shooter.

Lastly, the AC games are supposed to be about stealth. Just cause people power their way through the game doesn't mean you're not supposed to approach things as if you're trying to accomplish it without being detected (as much as possible). The first AC game stood out for this in particular when you attempted the actual assassination missions... and I'd say that AC3:Liberation had a decent amount of this feeling to it as well; AC2/ACB had less of these types of setups from what I remember and I can see your point...

But none of these are out of place as Far Cry 4, which seems to be action FPS all the way.
I'm surprised they didn't put Watch_Dogs in here instead (unless they did, but I missed it).

Uzzy

I have to recommend Ronin, Invisible Inc, Gunpoint and Betrayer. Also, if you somehow still don't have Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, what's wrong with you? Fix that.

Seeing the Stealth Sale makes me only wait even more eagerly for an AssCreed bundle ( ._.)

Splinter Cell has so damn many games. Please rate them to your enjoyment factor!
don't care 'bout turfster

Khronico

Seeing the Stealth Sale makes me only wait even more eagerly for an AssCreed bundle ( ._.)

Splinter Cell has so damn many games. Please rate them to your enjoyment factor!

1. Chaos Theory
2. Blacklist
3. Pandora Tomorrow
4. OG
5. Conviction

AHA-Lambda

Chaos Theory
Pandora Tomorrow
Double Agent (PC version)
Blacklist
Conviction
Double Agent (OG Xbox version)
Original

Didn't like the last 3 in the list much tbh

Ruruja

I liked Conviction, especially co-op mode, why does everybody dislike it?

I suppose I should add that it's the only SC game I've played.

Khronico

We are missing two important Splinter Cell entries on PC. Pandora Tomorrow and the GC/Xbox/PS2 version of Double Agent, which was developed by the Chaos Theory developers.

If I remember correctly the PC version of Pandora Tomorrow has broken shadows on modern systems so the game is practically unplayable. It's a shame, I remember really enjoying playing it on my PS2 back in the day.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what happened to Forced 2? I could sware there was a Forced 2

Phawx

Your voice...

Heh, I don't actually like my voice.

That looks pretty great and I'm also excited to get my hands on MV and see what I can do with the javascript engine.

Yea, the documentation is pretty crap, so I'm more or less fudging my way through it, but I'm starting to understand it's idiosyncrasies.

The map editor is really well thought out. Very WYSIWYG and even the tiling/layering is done well, with only the overworld stuff kind of qwerky.

Jawmuncher

Far Cry 3 is never going to hit 5 dollars.
It's been chilling at 7.50 for ages. Oh well i don't even want it all that much at this point.

Robaperas

ModBot said:
Instructions for Robaperas:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Robaperas, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gone Home With Soundtrack -- MB-F122C4F8BECA0665 - Taken by Saty. 3 entrants total.
Goodbye Deponia -- MB-8E5F7DB45298488F - Taken by gurm3n. 5 entrants total.
Deponia -- MB-2CA8CC8D6982F3F5 - Taken by Stronghammer22. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-B663FF19B0B19FB1 - Taken by ThirtyFour. 3 entrants total.
Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut -- MB-F3329AC551AF1D35 - Taken by Ozium. 1 entrants total.
Skullgirls Plus All DLC -- MB-01527F5591082AF7 - Taken by Belgarion. 13 entrants total.

t1444845133z1.png

Lolcomin

Banned
That pc versus console thread is hilarious.

Actually points people brought up to bash PC:
Steam makes you aware of the games your friends are playing and shows their activity.
Steam achievements are easily hacked and because I'm lazy, I can't be arsed to get those achievements
I don't trust anyone's Steam profile
People over-exaggerating bugs and shit like the same doesn't happen on consoles

I don't like these types of wars but it's funny how people bring excuses out the ass and try to pass them off as real problems

Turfster

Humble CAPCPOM bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • STRIDER
  • Resident Evil Revelaitons 2 Episode 1
  • LOST PLANET 3
  • Bionic Commando Rearmed
TIER 2: BTA
  • Resident Evil Revelaitons
  • DmC
  • Resident Evil 5
TIER 3: 15$