• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally picked up Crysis

And holy crap, my laptop can run it on medium settings

So excited to finally play it. I remember seeing the screenshots before it released, being all jealous that I didn't have a computer that can handle it

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Really nice bundle. I've been away from all these news regarding bundles so I hope I haven't missed much.

Either way will wait until we know all the games to see if I beat the BTA or not.

Bundle wise, you haven't missed much. It's mostly been a constant string of disappointment until today. The best "bundle" we've had in the last 6 months has been when Humble did a "Build Your Own Telltale Bundle" in their store which made all of their games 85% off, including the newest games such as Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones. They did a few others like this (the Devolver bundle was half decent) but a lot of them were pretty terrible - especially the Build Your Own Ubisoft bundle that actually ended up making the games more expensive.

Locust

Almost every single relatively graphically intensive games crash on my PC. Tried reinstalling Windows thinking that would help; It didn't. Space Marine, Counter Strike GO, Dying Light etcetera all crash. The higher the graphics settings, the more frequent the crashes are.

Anyone got a clue how the fuck to troubleshoot it? Wish I had an application that could just... Track everything that happens on my sodding comp. -_-

What kind of crash are you getting? If it just shuts down or restarts like after a power cut then its most likely your PSU.

DasFool

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Resident Evil 5 -- MB-9500566A7A5113AC - Taken by Darth Kupi. 12 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
DmC Devil May Cry -- MB-2C45CAAE87E41DD7 - Taken by M.D. 30 entrants total.

t1444774213z1.png

Good luck.

Grief.exe

Almost every single relatively graphically intensive games crash on my PC. Tried reinstalling Windows thinking that would help; It didn't. Space Marine, Counter Strike GO, Dying Light etcetera all crash. The higher the graphics settings, the more frequent the crashes are.

Anyone got a clue how the fuck to troubleshoot it? Wish I had an application that could just... Track everything that happens on my sodding comp. -_-

Sounds like a GPU stability failure, likely attributed to over clocks or thermals.

Remove overclocks, do a clean install of drivers, clean your case/GPU fans while ensuring all are functional, reapply thermal paste to the GPU, and finally reseat the GPU.

If the issue persists after these fixes, then you probably need to RMA the card.

FloatOn

The irony is if they had done a slight launch discount and gotten featured on the Summer Sale, then their revenue would have increased exponentially.

oh for sure. It's kind of baffling that they went for the $20 price point when games like shovel knight and guacamelee go for $15

I guess they were trying to be similar to the Ori price structure but that game (at least in my view) has a much higher production cost than what is on offer with Axiom Verge.

Salsa

uhh so

are we guessing revelations 2 will be part of the "more games" or what

it'd be beyond stupid to do just ep 1

L.O.R.D

extra ..

ModBot said:
Instructions for L.O.R.D:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Episode 1: Penal Colony -- MB-B962E463F0837259 - Taken by fernandes. 6 entrants total.

t1444765093z1.png

Teppic

Is it weird that I bought the Capcom bundle in hope that Ducktales Remastered will be added in the bta tier? Either that or RE4 and I would be happy with my purchase.

It's one of those too good to miss out on bundles, but I'm not sure if I'm going to play the games offered.

Tizoc

uhh so

are we guessing revelations 2 will be part of the "more games" or what

it'd be beyond stupid to do just ep 1

Ep. 1 is mainly to get the consumer's interest, if they want the full game they use the 50% discount coupon (unless that is offered with higher tiers?)

Reminds me that I wanted to suggest a feature to add to the options of IdleMaster:
Exit upon completion -- no more card drops, have the program exit. The "frost" feature of picking up new games doesn't work as it just sits in the background with "Idling Complete", so it might as well just exit if it's not got anything left to do.

Imagine how the people buying them felt.

Buying SFV from Greenmangaming gets you the key right away. I'm ready for next weekend.
here's hoping the servers are as well

Steam key for the game already?
Or just a key for the beta sub?

Nzyme32

So I think I have the solution to this.

I have had no problem with my 4yr old laptop being used for gaming until, in preperation for MGSV, I decided to mess with the power settings / battery settings - at which point every game would run fine but crash after about 5mins or so.

So basically, flick through those settings and mess with them. I think it has something to do with the "link state" or processor activity settings

iosefe

Dave is ok accidentally entered, so this is still up for grabs. get in there before it leaves EA

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (iosefe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Secret Ponchos -- MB-C7CB54CE8FB9D85E - Taken by Monooboe. 8 entrants total.

t1444765153z1.png

Ep. 1 is mainly to get the consumer's interest, if they want the full game they use the 50% discount coupon (unless that is offered with higher tiers?)

It's basically the demo for the game. It shouldn't even count, it should be free like how Telltale eventually makes their first episodes free to push more sales for their seasons

Locust

Is it weird that I bought the Capcom bundle in hope that Ducktales Remastered will be added in the bta tier? Either that or RE4 and I would be happy with my purchase.

It's one of those too good to miss out on bundles, but I'm not sure if I'm going to play the games offered.

I wouldn't expect much better than the other bionic commando game + dark void stuff. No way they'd leave good stuff out of the initial lineup.

I wouldn't expect much better than the other bionic commando game + dark void stuff. No way they'd leave good stuff out of the initial lineup.

They would only include Dark Void and Dark Void Zero if they really want to troll everyone. I would love to see it happen though

edit: it actually seems they've fixed the keys redeeming issues with securom. i was hoping they would just leave it be so people could go throught he weeklong bullshit i had to deal with. oh well

Arthea

That's unlikely, unless they wanna jeopardize second week sales that are dependent on additions, it won't be re4, but it might be re6 and something else. We'll see soon enough

Blu(e)

Hoping for Bionic Commando (likely) and RE4 (not likely?) for the BTA. I might just end up giving away the other games if they don't add the DLC for them ( LP3, DMC, USF4). Really wish they would just include them in the bundle.

Lomax

Just noticed but default steam doesn't have a new releases section anymore? How does that make any sense?

Because it woudl be full of garbage tier games and DLC. Something like 5-10 games a day are releasing now, it really isn't useful to have that list any more for the typical consumer. But enhanced steam puts it back if you really want it.

It is sad to see HIB games i B/S/T thread :(

I miss the early days of bundles where trading extra games was more of a thing,

I don't think there's ever been a bundle where there was some super wanted stuff in the additions. Using your words, it makes no sense to jeopardize first week sales by withholding the good shit.

I'd agree normally but Shogun 2 was added in the second week so it seems like anything is possible now.

Locust

That's unlikely, unless they wanna jeopardize second week sales that are dependent on additions, it won't be re4, but it might be re6 and something else. We'll see soon enough
I don't think there's ever been a bundle where there was some super wanted stuff in the additions. Using your words, it makes no sense to jeopardize first week sales by withholding the good shit.

When I visit SFV's storepage it tells me the game is already in my library. So it should be for the game.

Thanks for the info. Now to find a 25% or higher discount code.

Bionic Commando will definitely be one.
My other bet is they're going to add DR2 + DR2:OTR.
That's probably all of it... anything they haven't removed GFWL from won't be part of the bundle.

I can't see them adding RE6 or RE4 for some reason -- they still probably get good sales off those have been under $10 each (some under $5) at some point in the recent past.

Dave is ok accidentally entered, so this is still up for grabs. get in there before it leaves EA

How the hell do you "accidentally" enter for anything with modbot?

Paint the Town Red seems awesome.

And yeah, I use enhanced steam so I see all of those. But no popular new releases at the least? Just seems like it would hurt games that don't get massive banners, obviously this is ancient news but I just now found out.

Been catching up on some newly release game. You guys got anything to say about the following?

- Cryptark
- Sublevel Zero
- Secret Ponchos (was pretty interested in this when it first came out on PS4, but doesn't look like it reviewed spectacularly...)

Maniac

Banned
Sounds like a GPU stability failure, likely attributed to over clocks or thermals.

Remove overclocks, do a clean install of drivers, clean your case/GPU fans while ensuring all are functional, reapply thermal paste to the GPU, and finally reseat the GPU.

If the issue persists after these fixes, then you probably need to RMA the card.

Just finished re-installing Windows, so I doubt drivers are a problem. Cleaned my case a few days ago... Guess I'll see if there's some sort of manufacturers OC on it, and try and turn that off. I'll try reseating it too, and if all else fails, swapping thermal paste. (Good thing I have some arctic silver lying around)
So I think I have the solution to this.

I have had no problem with my 4yr old laptop being used for gaming until, in preperation for MGSV, I decided to mess with the power settings / battery settings - at which point every game would run fine but crash after about 5mins or so.

So basically, flick through those settings and mess with them. I think it has something to do with the "link state" or processor activity settings

Just tried the link state thing. Sadly still crashed. I've no idea what I could possibly change in the processor activity settings, though.
What kind of crash are you getting? If it just shuts down or restarts like after a power cut then its most likely your PSU.

The game simply crashes in an instant, and then nothing else out of the ordinary.
Do you see any graphic glitches right before the crash? If you do, its your gpu over heating. if you dont, its more likely that your gpu ram is defective. The first one is pretty easy to fix. Just remove the cooler, clean it, apply good thermal paste, and reattach it. The second one, you are probably looking at a dying video card. What make model is it?

Not seeing any glitches, and it can be after just playing something like Space Marine (on low settings, even) for less than 10 minutes. It's an ASUS 780ti. :|
yup. Are you overclocking your card? If not, try cleaning up your case.

Sounds like your video card is overheating.

I dunno, we're talking minutes here, with something like Space Marine - - Even on low settings. It's a 780ti with a hefty ASUS cooler, and it's at factory settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom