• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

capcom put DmC with that bundle but without any DLC
so people actually buy the DLC alone

keikaku.jpg

Monooboe

Damn the hype for Rocket Legue is getting to me, need to order that Steam Controller to get it.:D And I hate sports haha.

Also, won two games in a row, never been this lucky.:D

Lomax

Just finished re-installing Windows, so I doubt drivers are a problem. Cleaned my case a few days ago... Guess I'll see if there's some sort of manufacturers OC on it, and try and turn that off. I'll try reseating it too, and if all else fails, swapping thermal paste. (Good thing I have some arctic silver lying around)

Just tried the link state thing. Sadly still crashed. I've no idea what I could possibly change in the processor activity settings, though.

The game simply crashes in an instant, and then nothing else out of the ordinary.

Not seeing any glitches, and it can be after just playing something like Space Marine (on low settings, even) for less than 10 minutes. It's an ASUS 780ti. :|

I dunno, we're talking minutes here, with something like Space Marine - - Even on low settings. It's a 780ti with a hefty ASUS cooler, and it's at factory settings.

A fully stressed card can overheat in seconds. But after your description I'm inclined to go with Grief's comment about ram instability. If it's a new card I'd definitely look into RMAing it. If not, maybe try underclocking your GPU ram.

dex3108

jeez he didnt wait long did he to start listing the games for $3 a pop. Theres guys even selling old bundles there for $15...

they should at least try to resell it on ebay
o one is gonna buy it from them here

I miss the early days of bundles where trading extra games was more of a thing,

It is just sad. This bundle has great value and yet people want it for free. For example i really wand DMC and Strider is ok but i would never sell other games. Heck i even don;t want to use ModBot for smaller games and games from 1$ Tier. But i guess there are people that see profit in everything.

Maniac

Banned
A fully stressed card can overheat in seconds. But after your description I'm inclined to go with Grief's comment about ram instability. If it's a new card I'd definitely look into RMAing it. If not, maybe try underclocking your GPU ram.

Are there any kind of troubleshooters or benchmarks that can diagnose such bollocks? I'm at a bit of a loss, although I had suspected it might be ram related. Not sure.

The_Monk

Monk! Welcome back.

Thanks my good man.

Bundle wise, you haven't missed much. It's mostly been a constant string of disappointment until today. The best "bundle" we've had in the last 6 months has been when Humble did a "Build Your Own Telltale Bundle" in their store which made all of their games 85% off, including the newest games such as Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones. They did a few others like this (the Devolver bundle was half decent) but a lot of them were pretty terrible - especially the Build Your Own Ubisoft bundle that actually ended up making the games more expensive.

Thanks Shackles, I actually remembered you the other day when I tough "I need to start that first Van Helsing game" since you were the reason I also got interested in the other two. But first I need to play and finish the very first one. As for the other bundles, thanks for the keeping me up to date. :)

So sad the RE5 DLC is max tier. That's all i want.

Same. I was going to give most of the bundle to a deserving GAFer, but he went and bought BTA, so now I'm not really inclined to buy it as it'd be pretty much a full bundle with no home.

Maybe if I win that copy of Zestiria, I'll do it and just modbot all the games here.

Arthea

can somebody kindly check if trading works for you? I can't complete the trade as it doesn't load in client and browser, not to mention steam is in general acting weird today as in being even slower than usual

abracadaver

How do I check if the bionic commando rearmed I got from the bundle is uncensored?

also dmc was called something like dmc LV retail. please dont make that LV stand for low violence

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Resident Evil 5 -- MB-142CBEDBD17EC782 - Taken by derExperte. 27 entrants total.
Bionic Commando: Rearmed -- MB-3110F04AC244FD27 - Taken by nightstorm. 7 entrants total.

t1444852573z1.png

k

I'm gonna be pretty mad if RE7 is some morpheus exclusive nonsense.
But I doubt that. However RE loves spin-offs so VR RE spinoff is basically confirmed from that.

hmm. Capcom has shown an aversion to paying for AAA current gen development with SFV being a Sony joint and DR3 being an MS joint. If sony has approached or approaches them with a Morpheus offer I can see capcom being okay with that so long as they can put it out on other VR platforms, too.

There's been plenty of rumors suggesting that RE7 is a sony joint already, if this ends up being the result i wouldn't be shocked tbh

Shadownet

Banned
capcom bundle happened wow what's next :O

Humble Tales Bundle.

Tier 1: $10 - Tales of Graces F, Tales of Symphonia 2, Tales of Legendia, Tales of Destiny, Tales of Eternia, Tales of Destiny 2

BTA Tier: Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Xillia, Tales of Innocence, Tales of Rebirth, Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Hearts

Tier 3: $25 - Tales of Xillia 2, Tales of Zestiria, Tales of Phantasia, Tales of Vesperia

Tier 4: $45 - Tales of Berseria

BELIEVE

Lomax

Humble Tales Bundle.

Tier 1: $10 - Tales of Graces F, Tales of Symphonia 2, Tales of Legendia, Tales of Destiny, Tales of Eternia, Tales of Destiny 2

BTA Tier: Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Xillia, Tales of Innocence, Tales of Rebirth, Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Hearts

Tier 3: $25 - Tales of Xillia 2, Tales of Zestiria, Tales of Phantasia, Tales of Vesperia

BELIEVE

When it happens -
PSN Keys only

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Humble Tales Bundle.

BELIEVE

I like the way you think.

Finally picked up Crysis

And holy crap, my laptop can run it on medium settings

So excited to finally play it. I remember seeing the screenshots before it released, being all jealous that I didn't have a computer that can handle it
I am so happy for you, for you are about to play one of the best semi-openworld FPS ever made.

A real disservice that since practically forever it's in peoples minds for its visuals when in reality it is just the juicy, sweet sweet glaceing on top of the brilliant gameplay, offering truly tons and vastly different playstyles. Smart enemies, empowering but never overpowered suit powers, vast amount of guns and customization, lots of vehicles and and at times huge levels open up a campaign-driven gameplay I rarely saw after that.

You are in for a treat and I wish you'll have just a fraction of the fun I had with.

InfantileColorlessAmericanratsnake.gif
Oddly enough the Paint the Town Red's menu saves the last ten seconds of gameplay in gif form so I assume they want you to show off the horrible things you can do. It probably says something about myself that I find this enjoyable but oh well.

Jawmuncher

hmm. Capcom has shown an aversion to paying for AAA current gen development with SFV being a Sony joint and DR3 being an MS joint. If sony has approached or approaches them with a Morpheus offer I can see capcom being okay with that so long as they can put it out on other VR platforms, too.

There's been plenty of rumors suggesting that RE7 is a sony joint already, if this ends up being the result i wouldn't be shocked tbh

We'll find out since it seems like RE7 will be at PSX. Though it's been in dev for awhile so I don't think it'll be exclusive. But for VR stuff yeah I could see that, but then again MS isn't even on the VR for their consoles this gen.

Hektor

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

GRGRGRGRGRGRGR

Steam, why dont you let me indulge in consumerism?

you have to use list view and then click status so it sorts by installed/not installed. it also takes into account any categories you have set

Ah, so you can only do it in List View? I'm more of a detail view man myself but I guess I can make a change.

As an aside, is there anyway to make the icons smaller in list view?

BorntoPlay

We'll find out since it seems like RE7 will be at PSX. Though it's been in dev for awhile so I don't think it'll be exclusive. But for VR stuff yeah I could see that, but then again MS isn't even on the VR for their consoles this gen.

Finally!, an exclusive game for this console...

psx01.jpg

if the scenario i described happens, i imagine that it'll be like SFV where Sony just wants console exclusivity and that's it.

Dr Dogg

Almost every single relatively graphically intensive games crash on my PC. Tried reinstalling Windows thinking that would help; It didn't. Space Marine, Counter Strike GO, Dying Light etcetera all crash. The higher the graphics settings, the more frequent the crashes are.

Anyone got a clue how the fuck to troubleshoot it? Wish I had an application that could just... Track everything that happens on my sodding comp. -_-

You do, it's call Event Viewer. Now you could listen to a bunch of people give you the run around suggesting loopy things or you could go use the reporting tools on your PC and try to get some insight as to what is going on. First things first when you say crash are we talking application closes but OS stays up and running or a complete system reset? Is it just games that cause this issue or can something like a video in a web browser cause this to happen also? Have you tried a demanding application that would use either a large chunk of CPU or GPU power also and does that do the same?

Fingers crossed Event Viewer will point to an application crash (even if it causes you system to reboot) and let you have a bit more insight to what is at fault. Just a top tip here if you have an overheating GPU you'll know about it as thermal protection doesn't just exit the application but shuts your PC down and throws up an execption code to tell you what is going on. If that was happening you'd pretty much know about it but first things first go check event viewer and let me know what type of crash please and we'll go from there.

Rocket League brah.

Maybe if it was actual Football and not Soccer...

Yeah. I'm going to change my probably not to definitely not.

They want you to spend money, so it'd be beyond stupid to give away the rest =p

Exactly. Grumpy old Turfster knows what's up.

If it isn't too late already, the game is 30% off at gamesplanet.

I've never dealt with gamesplanet. I assume they're relatively trustworthy? EU or NA site? 30% off EU prices paying in USD isn't going to be better than whatever I can put together at GMG for sure. Steam key immediately?

NotSelf

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NotSelf, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Resident Evil 5 -- MB-0AC2566BF35E06D5 - Taken by The_Monk. 13 entrants total.
Bionic Commando Rearmed -- MB-F08ECB5A77C13FF0 - Taken by aw350. 3 entrants total.

t1444768633z1.png

Nice Capcom bundle! I already owned SFIV and with just a single DLC in the top tier I can just grab the two lower tiers and snag a whole bunch of games I didn't own. Out of all the games in the bundle which one do you think I should start with? I haven't played any of them before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom