• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Omega

Banned
Zangief in SF5 isn't Alex.

I'm not salty but I wish they would put some SF3 characters in already

They'll make it, probably as DLC.

Zangief announcement thread is hilarious, people crying how "its so hard being a 3rd Strike fan!"

Yun
Yang
Dudley
Hugo
Ibuki
Makoto
Elena

All made SF4. It's not like they completely ignore the series. That's about half the roster

Khronico

Khronico Gaming Update:

LA Noire (2nd playthrough, 1st was on PS3 near release)

It's weird. I'm playing this game for a second time and yet none of it feels familiar at all. Maybe it was the mindset I was in at the time (I only rented it for 2 days so I powered through it as fast as I could) but I don't remember anything about it except for the clunky shooting and boring open world. Playing it now and... I really like it. The cases so far have been fun to solve (just got to Vice), the character interactions between Cole Phelps and each desk partner is great, the acting is fantastic, and the characterizations of major characters is mostly well done and more interesting than I remember (Especially Cole).

The only things I can say so far that I don't like is the shooting and the boring, empy open world, the two aspects that stuck with me from the first playthrough. In regards to the shooting, it's stiff, unsatisfying, and none of the shootouts are fun to play through. Thankfully the shootouts are pretty rare so far and it's not hard to get through the them, their just boring. The open world is pretty but mechanically serves no real purpose other than a box to put 'open world' activities in that are neither fun nor rewarding. I feel like both could have been removed and it would have been a better game because of it, neither gameplay features add anything to the experience and only serve to pad out a game that didn't need to be padded out.

Aside from the two disappointing features in the game I really, really like it and look forward to playing more of it.

Got my Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Beta key from Alienware. Check mail. 12GB
Still waiting for mine -_-

Jawmuncher

They'll make it, probably as DLC.

Zangief announcement thread is hilarious, people crying how "its so hard being a 3rd Strike fan!"

Yun
Yang
Dudley
Hugo
Ibuki
Makoto
Elena

All made SF4. It's not like they completely ignore the series. That's about half the roster

Fans don't even know the true struggle of Q

Ozium

Won Brofroce TwitchCon Demo key on twitch

was wondering wtf it was and searched

found this:

https://steamdb.info/app/404600/

which lets you install for free

so who was key?

edit: so if I delete the twitch demo it removes it from my library so the key would just be a +1 then correct? where's JASE

Khronico

I feel like I'm the only person who would get mildly excited to see Twelve in SF5.

I kinda really like Twelve

Does anyone even remember him?

Tizoc

I feel like I'm the only person who would get mildly excited to see Twelve in SF5.

I kinda really like Twelve

Does anyone even remember him?

Twelve has some interesting potential if they take his morphing further.

They said the game would be an hour and a half. They charge 8 bucks anyway, and that's on sale. I'm not really sure what you were expecting...

I expected not to pay to hear some dude's
pretend apology to his pretend friend while he monologues over a bunch of small source maps.

$5 launch price would have been stomachable. It's overpriced and the game itself is a bit of a drag. Its "message" isn't very impactful and the amount of time it takes could have had a much better one portrayed

That Ghost in the Shell shooter is kind of alright, the servers are trash and there is a serious spawn camping problem but the shooting feels good and it does some interesting things with it's skill system.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think my biggest issue with the conclusion of MGS is that there was just no build up at all. It just kind of happens. No lead up or flow....just a cut scene at mother base and suddenly QWOP.

I mean....
who gave Venom the tape? Where was he when he was listening to it? What was on the second side?

uhm, also....if him and BB were both in a coma the same amount of time, how did BB know about the plan before meeting up with Ocelot after the hospital?

I'm almost done talking/complaining about MGS, takes some time to decompress after 70 hours.

you won a demo? wtf, i'd tell them to shove that up their ass. I'd rather win nothing

A +1 is a +1. Besides, I'm interested to play this version (even if somewhat disappointed that its just different character portraits/intros).

I'm also not sure what they mean by "demo". So far, it seems to be the same campaign as the base game.

iosefe

It's not a demo. It's a special build of Brigitte created for TwitchCon featuring 5 popular broadcasters.

This isn't meant to be THE demo, it is merely a little treat for a certain demographic

I think my biggest issue with the conclusion of MGS is that there was just no build up at all. It just kind of happens. No lead up or flow....just a cut scene at mother base and suddenly QWOP.

I mean....
who gave Venom the tape? Where was he when he was listening to it? What was on the second side?

uhm, also....if him and BB were both in a coma the same amount of time, how did BB know about the plan before meeting up with Ocelot after the hospital?

I'm almost done talking/complaining about MGS, takes some time to decompress after 70 hours.
Listen to the tapes that unlock after the end. It explains some of this. If that's not enough you can come into the spoiler thread where we're all scratching our heads

Jawmuncher

this is probably what the one fan of Oro says every time someone complains about roster choices.

Not to many can love a face like this
12750e62e99e204f41524701ca4ad751.png

Tenrius

I expected not to pay to hear some dude's
pretend apology to his pretend friend while he monologues over a bunch of small source maps.

$5 launch price would have been stomachable. It's overpriced and the game itself is a bit of a drag. Its "message" isn't very impactful and the amount of time it takes could have had a much better one portrayed

I'm inclined to agree. I laughed out really loud a few times and some of the levels were creative, but the overall experience was... weird. I've just finished it and I'm not sure what to make of it, but it ended up making me sad and uncomfortable in a wrong way. Just what message it was supposed to convey? And yeah, I felt the game was too long.

Grief.exe

I just had an interesting revelation while reading a thread about terrible loading times on gaming side.

Over the course of this generation, a PC user with an SSD will likely play 3-4 games during the sum of the loading times of the average console user.

sg017lt.gif

Has anyone played Warhammer Vermintide?

Looks pretty cool. I also used to play actual Warhammer, but Games Workshop's vidya are never that fun. Except maybe for Dawn of War 2 campaign, that was great

I just had an interesting revelation while reading a thread about terrible loading times on gaming side.

Over the course of this generation, a PC user with an SSD will likely play 3-4 games during the sum of the loading times of the average console user.
This is a ridiculous train of thought.

sg017lt.gif
Can an SSD be installed on a console?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom