• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Oh well...

zestiria9oxn6.png

derExperte

splinter cell double agent is on discount. Should I get it. There are many bad reviews for the pc version.

PC version has always been a mess and I can imagine it only got worse over time. But even when I got it running all those years ago I never made it far and now consider DA PC the worst SC game, the controls are terrible and it got seriously dumbed down compared to 3. May be one of the biggest drops in quality in a series from one part to the next.

It's also not a great game even when it works fine. Does anyone know if DA was based off the 360 version or the PS2 version? As I recall they were two completely different games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_C...x_360.2C_Windows.2C_and_PlayStation_3_version

PC version has always been a mess and I can imagine it only got worse over time. But even when I got it running all those years ago I never made it far and now consider DA PC the worst SC game.

It's also not a great game even when it works fine. Does anyone know if DA was based off the 360 version or the PS2 version? As I recall they were two completely different games.

Grief.exe

To objectively worse 360/PS3 version unfortunately.

So strange for Ubisoft to allocate money like that...release one game on PS2/Xbox/GC/PC/360/PS3, then release another on 360/PS3/PC.

Anyone knows why Pandora Tomorrow is nowhere to be found on digital platforms?

Broken shadow rendering, which Ubisoft refuses to fix.

I bought the PS2 version for emulation a couple years back.

Is there a way to play Spelunky cooperatively over the internet via a mod or Nvidia's gameshare?

does the pc version support local play? if it does you could most likely make it work with nvidia's gameshare since it would technically be local play as far as the game is concerned.

does the pc version support local play? if it does you could most likely make it work with nvidia's gameshare since it would technically be local play as far as the game is concerned.
It is local play only sadly. Will hopefully find a way to try with someone. Never used Gameshare till now.

chronomac

£4.75 is cheaper than I was expecting, so this is an instabuy for me.

...and I can finally publish my review. In short, it's good. It's Picross on your PC and it works better than you'd expect. I've put in 16 or so hours, all with an Xbox One controller.

Nabs

Is there a way to play Spelunky cooperatively over the internet via a mod or Nvidia's gameshare?

Give Gameshare a chance. Input lag may be an issue, but there's a chance it'll be playable. I recently played some Shank in co-op, and the game felt surprisingly responsive.

£4.75 is cheaper than I was expecting, so this is an instabuy for me.

You should probably pick this up if you like Picross. The final port is even better than the demo. He spent the last month or two adding features and tweaking what he had. I have a stupid amount of time in this game.

chronomac

You should probably pick this up if you like Picross. The final port is even better than the demo. He spent the last month or two adding features and tweaking what he had. I have a stupid amount of time in this game.

Yep. For example, he added a highlight to columns and rows so you can always tell where you are, which is super helpful on the massive puzzles. The Nintendo games had it but I didn't notice it wasn't included until my first 30x30.

What motherboard you got? Delete will always get you into your BIOS unless you have some oddity and some have standard hotkeys (ASUS pretty much has F5 for optimised defaults, F7 to go to the advanced menu and F10 to save and quit). Check your manual (or view/download a copy online I guess) for what your clear CMOS routine would be as some just need the battery to come out, others need you to hold a button down while doing so and so on but that should put everything back to default, as in every setting.

Gigabyte. Forget which board tho. Entering setup. is something weird but even if I got around that navigating blindly, dealing with the 3d interface would put a large roadblock in my way. I think I'd need to do the reset if I really wanted to get into my pc at this point.

No but you're actually right about my stance and how I constructed my post.
I'm a PC gamer (yet, I've been a hugely annoying console fanboy in my early 20s :p ), therefore I'm biased in this argument and, even though I despise them, I tend to bypass #PCMR arguments, pointing out only the console contradictions.

But you have to agree that, even tho master race jerks impose themselves as, well, jerks, their reasoning is often sounder (and more rooted in reality) than the converse. Or at least I perceive them as such.

Yeah, there's no doubt that the pc platform has the best technical specs and capabilities. But at the end of the day, trying to push your preferences on someone else is almost always going to make them defensive. And when people feel like they need to defend what they like but aren't as technically informed/knowledgeable, it's no wonder you see some of the sillier responses that get thrown around.

At the end of the day, people should like what they like, play what they enjoy, and not really give a fuck about what random posters on the internet have to say about it at all. But people have this need to seek approval and validation and that leads to all this stupid shit people argue about.

Nabs

PCs better than consoles thread officially dead.

I don't know why so many people bothered to entertain those people. It's clear so many of them only care about games with massive hype and big marketing budgets. They also have some weird boogie-man image of pc gamers. I thought we shook that off.

Omega

Banned
I don't know why so many people bothered to entertain those people. It's clear so many of them only care about games with massive hype and big marketing budgets. They also have some weird boogie-man image of pc gamers. I thought we shook that off.

i only kept looking at the thread wondering why it went on for so long. one thing i'll never understand how people find building a pc hard. im always incredibly paranoid that something will go wrong but even building a PC was easy as hell.

im not sure why it lasting so long surprised me though. PC gaming is the only thing in the world that can unite the console fanboys for a short period of time.

MUnited83

For you.
i only kept looking at the thread wondering why it went on for so long. one thing i'll never understand how people find building a pc hard. im always incredibly paranoid that something will go wrong but even building a PC was easy as hell.

im not sure why it lasting so long surprised me though. PC gaming is the only thing in the world that can unite the console fanboys for a short period of time.

And it's not like you can just pay someone else to put the parts together. Here where I live PC parts shops build the PC for you with the parts you picked and do tests for 10/15 euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom