• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catshade

Bundlestars has me in an endless loop of authorizing account and resetting password. Bollocks.

Me too. It let me see my account (I can see old keys and orders), but my e-mail is 'unconfirmed', so it said I can't redeem any new keys I newly bought. Click the 'send confirmation email' button, and no emails from Bundle Stars in my inbox. -_-

Aleskar

Banned
zestiriakjpgv.png

Wow.

Looks like Tales of is heading for a good start at steam with almost 30k preorders. It's just too bad that we dont have sales numbers for one the latest PS3 installments as comparison.

Robaperas

ModBot said:
Instructions for Robaperas:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Robaperas, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed -- MB-290F220A93DB5BE7 - Taken by Accoun. 2 entrants total.
Deponia -- MB-2CA8CC8D6982F3F5 - Taken by Stronghammer22. 1 entrants total.
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Episode 1: Penal Colony -- MB-2F161382C8E44B32 - Taken by anastef. 2 entrants total.
STRIDER -- MB-6CB87D717FB05EDE - Taken by bloke. 14 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten (GOG) -- MB-8BDB9E5A2B5E202C - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
LOST PLANET 3 -- MB-75427C53EFDD7DE2 - Taken by fspm. 12 entrants total.

t1444857016z1.png

Buena Suerte!

derExperte

I'm used to having wasted a few bucks on games I haven't played yet which then appear in bundles but the Capcom one is really bad in that regard.

wanting to pick up that Crysis/Crysis Warhead bundle since it's on sale...put up some PSN credit for sale on the BST thread and hoping someone takes it so I can buy before Friday

SA007

Banned
PC version has always been a mess and I can imagine it only got worse over time. But even when I got it running all those years ago I never made it far and now consider DA PC the worst SC game, the controls are terrible and it got seriously dumbed down compared to 3. May be one of the biggest drops in quality in a series from one part to the next.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_C...x_360.2C_Windows.2C_and_PlayStation_3_version

Thanks then i wont get it.

Knurek

Paint it Back doesn't seem to work correctly with Steam overlay for me, anyone else having similar problems?

No artwork for overlay popups, crashes here and there and the running process is being identified as Steam, not Paint it Back. :(

//EDIT: Okay, disabling MSI Afterburner fixes this.

Sch1sm

They finally put Skyrim and Dishonored on sale in the Stealth Game Sale, I know someone was commenting on that yesterday.

Sch1sm

The wrong Metal Gear(s) is still there though.

And the price is definitely not right on it, either. I picked it up for 4.99 in the last winter sale, but the current price...yikes.

I question a few titles in this sale, really. I guess stealth is an option in the ones I'm pretty eh on, though. Skyrim, Assassins Creed. A minority of quests/missions require sneaking, really.

Out of all IPs in the world, who thought it was a good idea to choose the 1 IP that doesn't have a story to create an adventure game? (Minecraft)

KarmaCow

According the backer email sent out, Darkest Dungeon is coming out of Early Access on January 19th.

Out of all IPs in the world, who thought it was a good idea to choose the 1 IP that doesn't have a story to create an adventure game? (Minecraft)

You should look on youtube to see how many machinima and cg animations of minecraft characters in player created stories. This is hardly out of nowhere.

Tales From the Borderlands proves that it can be done, no matter the IP. I seriously doubted their ability to pull it off, and it's ended up as my second favourite TellTale adventure. So, yeah.

My body is ready.

Also, Iosefe and I completed the Broforce campaign in anticipation of tomorrow's full release.

Cannot bring myself to buy it after all the freebies I missed, 33% off just isn't enough.
Shame it's not on GMG or Nuuvem or anything... or that the AW stream didn't keep it's promise of giving out codes again for it before I stepped away from the internet for a bit.

Tales From the Borderlands proves that it can be done, no matter the IP. I seriously doubted their ability to pull it off, and it's ended up as my second favourite TellTale adventure. So, yeah.

Borderlands has a universe full of characters and a story, whether you like it or not. Inserting some new characters and working with established canon gives Telltale enough free reign to be creative and do what they want while having the benefit of guidelines to keep them on track.

Minecraft doesn't really have that, outside of some of the enemies that appear in the worlds, I think?

MUnited83

For you.
Doesn't seem a bad idea at all, you don't need for it to have a story to create one.

I mean, they somehow turned the huge barrel of shit the Borderlands are to a decent story, which seems more impressive than just making a story on a IP doesn't have one.

After finally remembering to watch the ending for Broken Age (I skipped it when I finally got to it to ensure the speedrun trophy/achievement popped and didn't feel like going back to redo the finale to watch the ending, so I watched it on YT this morning)... I decided to go look at the badges and emotes/wallpapers.

What a wasted opportunity, Double Fine.

Y'know, I actually really want to see footage of TellTale's Minecraft. I have this morbid curiosity that must be satisfied, in only a way that Giant Bomb can manage.
Borderlands has a universe full of characters and a story, whether you like it or not. Inserting some new characters and working with established canon gives Telltale enough free reign to be creative and do what they want while having the benefit of guidelines to keep them on track.

Minecraft doesn't really have that, outside of some of the enemies that appear in the worlds, I think?

A blank slate like Minecraft or LEGO would actually be easier to not screw up, since there's zero expectations content-wise.

Borderlands is, like, terrible humour + FPS + multiplayer + post apocalyptic future fantasy western australia corporate tribal worlds. It's purely to TellTale's credit that Tales From the Borderlands turned out as it has.

After finally remembering to watch the ending for Broken Age (I skipped it when I finally got to it to ensure the speedrun trophy/achievement popped and didn't feel like going back to redo the finale to watch the ending, so I watched it on YT this morning)... I decided to go look at the badges and emotes/wallpapers.

What a wasted opportunity, Double Fine.

No kidding. A Huge disappointment.

pahamrick

Cannot bring myself to buy it after all the freebies I missed, 33% off just isn't enough.
Shame it's not on GMG or Nuuvem or anything... or that the AW stream didn't keep it's promise of giving out codes again for it before I stepped away from the internet for a bit.

AW will be giving out codes for BroForce tonight on their stream. You should try your luck.

After having tried well over a dozen times to collect +50K gold, buying the Ankh, dying at 3-x, killing Ramses, going to City of Gold, grabbing the Necronomicon, defeating Olmec, going to Hell and finally kill Yama, I realized that being a law-abiding spelunker is HELL. Made it the furthest to getting a Udjet and dying in 4-1 to Ramcunt. It was the only time I got the Udjet too.

Fuck it, I said and killed the shopkeepers. Got a jetpack, a shotgun and tons of bombs.
Now at the entrance of the blackmarket. So many shopkeepers there, urgh, how am I gonna make it??? -_-'

7VBXYRW.jpg

Paused the game, need an hour or so break. I tell ya, Shopkeeper have to dieeeeeee!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom