• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Well, that's the problem I was trying to get around. Without the working dedicated card and the option for integrated being disabled, switching the display's HDMI connection to the integrated card doesn't push any data to the screen it seems, leaving me unable to see when to hit the keys to get into the BIOS and re-enable the card..

What motherboard you got? Delete will always get you into your BIOS unless you have some oddity and some have standard hotkeys (ASUS pretty much has F5 for optimised defaults, F7 to go to the advanced menu and F10 to save and quit). Check your manual (or view/download a copy online I guess) for what your clear CMOS routine would be as some just need the battery to come out, others need you to hold a button down while doing so and so on but that should put everything back to default, as in every setting.

RS4-

Option two is the cleaner method.

Ok thanks. What do I do about my default steam installation itself? Because I can hear my HDD when it's booting up steam lol.

Do I just uninstall, then reinstall in the new directory? Move the old folder and do delete the blob or whatever?

edit - and yesterday after moving to a new case, I had weird issues with my GPU. Wasn't detected (because the PCIE cable somehow got pulled out of the PSU). So Integrated worked, powered off. Plugged in GPU, then that still didn't work, and Integrated stopped working as well. Black screens.
Tried the jumper method. Somehow I got IGPU to work; restarted, only one of my monitors had signal with DVI, other one I had to use HDMI to test (worked). Swapped it back to DVI, not even detected. More restarts, swapped DVI cables between monitors, now they both work.

Still confused as to what happened.

Copons

You seem to have glossed over the other side of the idiocy contained within that thread -- a problem with the internet in general, but something definitely seen when it comes to "pc enthusiasts"... which makes that whole thread is aggravating. I'd get banned if I went in there, I'm sure of it. Add it to the list of the moronic bullshit that runs rampant on gaming side.
As far as your edit, you sure can -- so long as you have your trusty Vita with you.

Well now, I implicitly didn't gloss over the other side when I said that the argument "console are more accessible and require less efforts" is perfectly valid!

I know full well how expensive and painful is to build a (gaming, of course!) PC.
And as it was painful for me, a ~25 years long kinda-tech-savvy PC user, I can't even imagine how it could be for a random console player friend of mine who barely know where is their PC's power button.

Phawx

TOTALLY missed the forest for the trees in RPG Maker MV character generator. Can't believe I had missed something so obvious.

Anyhoo, I can now create 30~ or so SteamGaf people in RPGmaker. Now to just make a compelling, rich, ChronoTrigger-esque game.

fertygo

TOTALLY missed the forest for the trees in RPG Maker MV character generator. Can't believe I had missed something so obvious.

Anyhoo, I can now create 30~ or so SteamGaf people in RPGmaker. Now to just make a compelling, rich, ChronoTrigger-esque game.

Sounds like easy task.

Dsyndrome

So Divinity Director's Cut supposedly coming in two weeks? I'm going to have a huge RPG rotation going on by that point, not to mention Fallout 4 coming out soon after. F this end of year release everything nonsense, can't even play during the holidays because I'm supposed to hang out with family apparently.

I watched Part 1 earlier, what was it?

AHA-Lambda

Oh dear guys :/

http://youtu.be/bE9kyFx5IvE

So Divinity Director's Cut supposedly coming in two weeks? I'm going to have a huge RPG rotation going on by that point, not to mention Fallout 4 coming out soon after. F this end of year release everything nonsense, can't even play during the holidays because I'm supposed to hang out with family apparently.

Tbh, I'm finding this fall real quiet. I'm taking the time to work through some of the witcher games.

Well now, I implicitly didn't gloss over the other side when I said that the argument "console are more accessible and require less efforts" is perfectly valid!

I know full well how expensive and painful is to build a (gaming, of course!) PC.
And as it was painful for me, a ~25 years long kinda-tech-savvy PC user, I can't even imagine how it could be for a random console player friend of mine who barely know where is their PC's power button.

I was thinking more like it seemed that you were faulting all of the console players for their logic, but not saying anything regarding the PC posters who decide they need to push their agenda in the face of consoles in the first place. It seems like, these days at least, the majority of the people who are "PC Gamers" and want to argue about "superiority to consoles" on a public forum are the type of #PCMR elitist douchebags that give PC gaming a bad rep in the first place.

Parsnip

demon's souls? tough, but managable.
i breezed through bloodborne
dark souls? beat it at launch without much of a sweat
dark souls 2? FUCK YOU FROMSOFT

enemy placement is bullshit
too many enemies designed for 1v1 encounters put in packs
took me 17 hours to clear up to the first dragonrider

i'm still having a god damn blast though

Git Gud.

FloatOn

you can use me as a character if you're so inclined

iosefe

You totally need a half man, half gorilla in a bathrobe

Copons

I was thinking more like it seemed that you were faulting all of the console players for their logic, but not saying anything regarding the PC posters who decide they need to push their agenda in the face of consoles in the first place. It seems like, these days at least, the majority of the people who are "PC Gamers" and want to argue about "superiority to consoles" on a public forum are the type of #PCMR elitist douchebags that give PC gaming a bad rep in the first place.

No but you're actually right about my stance and how I constructed my post.
I'm a PC gamer (yet, I've been a hugely annoying console fanboy in my early 20s :p ), therefore I'm biased in this argument and, even though I despise them, I tend to bypass #PCMR arguments, pointing out only the console contradictions.

But you have to agree that, even tho master race jerks impose themselves as, well, jerks, their reasoning is often sounder (and more rooted in reality) than the converse. Or at least I perceive them as such.

Recomend me short games ( 1 or 2 hr long preferably ), I need to finish the 52 game challenge...

Me and
29 redheads

Phawx

I watched Part 1 earlier, what was it?

You can't export the entire thing, you have to export each part individually. So you have to go into Face subsection and then Export from there. If you want to export battle animation, go into that section and click export.

They really should have an export all function, tbh, but at least I know I was doing something wrong.

But jeez, I spent a LONG time effing with directories/files/json files trying to tilt the program to work.

here are the details of the Doom Closed Alpha

OVERVIEW
The DOOM MP Closed Alpha is a series of development-driven tests designed to stress test the game’s dedicated server infrastructure in a real-world consumer environment. It is not the Beta (offered with Wolfenstein®: The New Order™ pre-order), a demo, or representative of the final game.

*While the Beta and the full game will be available in multiple languages, the Closed Alpha is an English-only test.

CLOSED ALPHA GAMEPLAY FEATURES

ONE MAP: HEATWAVE
The Alpha will feature 1 multiplayer map: Heatwave. This industrial-themed map will place players in an arena setting featuring plenty of armor, ammo, and health pickups. Narrow corridors, walkways and small chambers all link to a central, open area of the map, providing players with a variety of environments that suit varying playstyles, as well as the focus point for fighting over key power-ups.

ONE MODE: 6V6 TEAM DEATHMATCH
Welcome to the core of DOOM’s arena-style multiplayer combat. In this mode, two teams of 6 players will try to dominate each other by fighting over the Revenant and Gauss Rifle power-ups, which provide devastating firepower that can turn the tide or ensure victory.

ONE DEMON: REVENANT
Being the first player to the Demon Rune will transform you into the powerful Revenant. Use your jetpack and dual rocket launchers to hunt down the other team for a limited time to either secure your team’s lead or mount a comeback.

ONE POWER WEAPON: GAUSS CANNON
Available as a counter to the Revenant, this high-powered weapon destroys opponents in one blast. Use the alternate fire to see your targets through walls, but be warned, there is a limited number of shots, so use it to take down the demon rather than enemy players. Once you’re out of ammo, you have to wait for it to appear on the map again.

6 WEAPONS, 2 EQUIPMENT ITEMS
The Closed Alpha will feature a limited arsenal of weapons and items featured in the complete game. They can be used both in standard and customizable loadouts.

WEAPONS
Vortex Rifle
Super Shotgun
Repeater
Rocket Launcher
Static Cannon
Plasma Rifle

EQUIPMENT ITEMS
Personal Teleporter
Frag Grenade

But if you bought from GMG, you have preorder key.

I suspect site checks if you own this.

Yeah I bought from GMG and I was eligible for the alpha.:D

yep...same here

bought TNO last year during a sale at GMG and this is what it says when I had it check my Steam account

Thank you for confirming your eligibility for the DOOM Closed Alpha. If you’re selected to participate, you’ll receive an email from us with your activation code and further instructions. Otherwise, we will see you again for the DOOM Beta next year!

dex3108

Ori and the Blind forest update?

• Fixed Windows 10 "running to the left" Xbox One controller issue.
  • Fixed an issue where the screen would flip upside down during cutscenes.
  • Fixed controller vibration not working on some controllers.
  • Fixed an issue with Sorrow Pass boulder going missing, causing the player to get stuck.
  • Fixed rare issue with no main menu showing up after “Press any key”.

Nabs

Recomend me short games ( 1 or 2 hr long preferably ), I need to finish the 52 game challenge...

Me and
29 redheads

From my list this year:

Woolfe is about 2 hours long.
Treeker: The Lost Glasses is a little less than 2
Super Motherload - 2-3 hours
BasketBelle is less than 2
Xeodrifter - 3 hours
Westerado - first playthrough should be around 2 hrs
Hare in Hat - 1 hr
Freedom Fall - 1 hr

From my list this year:

Woolfe is about 2 hours long.
Treeker: The Lost Glasses is a little less than 2
Super Motherload - 2-3 hours
BasketBelle is less than 2
Xeodrifter - 3 hours
Westerado - first playthrough should be around 2 hrs
Hare in Hat - 1 hr
Freedom Fall - 1 hr

What is BasketBelle? Googled it and it looks neat. Can you confirm?

It's a really nice basketball themed platformer.
Well worth the 45 minutes it takes to finish.

The game is narrative driven, so the mechanics take a back seat. It's also a lot shorter than I expected it to be, probably around an hour or less.

Cool. I will definitely check it out. Love the fact that Steam is so massive I can still discover old cool games that I haven't seen.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

I need this

fucking right now

SuY9QWq.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've got a 480GB ssd that I'm not using aside from like, 3 steam games. But now I just want to move all the Steam games I've got on my mechanical and just get it to the SSD.

I know that I can use steam mover, but could I just drag and drop the whole steam folder instead?

edit - or just follow option two found here: http://lifehacker.com/how-to-move-a-pc-game-to-another-hard-drive-without-re-1714706774

For future reference, there's no need to have Steam discover the existing files, which can take up to several minutes for larger games. Just move the ACF files from the root of the library folder on your HDD to the root of the library folder on your SSD (e.g. D:\Steam games to E:\Steam\steamapps) and likewise for the game installation folders in [library folder]\common (e.g. D:\Steam games\common to E:\Steam\steamapps\common); the games will remain installed.

Don't know if you guys are following the steam controller thread but I just preordered at GameStop and they said pickup Friday. Other people doing the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom