• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

My mind is being blown so HARD right now.

Your mind, eh?
Eh?
200.gif

Jawmuncher

I feel dirty. I'm actually enjoying the batmobile in Arkham Knight. Ignoring the fact i'm literally laying waste to Gotham.

Yeah man...'skin' looks great.

You'll get bored of it as the game goes on.
It's fun at first but starts to drag, the riddler races are the best thing though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Game is shit, doesn't even have mila.

She will be paid DLC. Just wait and see. The way the voting went leads and how fast they are going with the development simply makes me think that they will sell the others as a Season 2 or little by little add them to be purchaseable.

Jawmuncher

She will be paid DLC. Just wait and see. The way the voting went leads and how fast they are going with the development simply makes me think that they will sell the others as a Season 2 or little by little add them to be purchaseable.

You might be onto something.

I've never played the Xtreme games but are there any real differences the characters or is it mostly just aesthetic changes? It's all just minigames right?

Yeah the battle mode is what kills the bat mobile. I remember more instances of doing nothing but shooting tanks than the rest of the game.
When
it was destroyed in late game, I was immensely relieved(GandalfAtEndOfRotK.gif), "fucking finally it's all over", and then Lucious drops a new one in
, I was so pissed.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Furi Announced. Trailer. Coming To PC 2016

Fight your way free in our frenzied all-boss fighter, and discover what’s waiting behind the last gate. Furi is all about the tension of one-on-one fights against deadly adversaries. It’s an intense, ultra-responsive hack-and-slash with a unique mix of fast-paced sword fighting and dual-stick shooting. Each of the formidable guardians —designed by Afro Samurai creator Takashi Okazaki— has a unique and surprising combat style that requires focus and skill to defeat. The high-energy action gets a boost from an explosive soundtrack composed by electro musicians including Carpenter Brut, who created the trailer’s theme.

--

Trailer

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I've never played the Xtreme games but are there any real differences the characters or is it mostly just aesthetic changes? It's all just minigames right?

There is the personality aspect to get them to join you. Each girl has different taste on things but gameplay wise I think everyone shares all the animations except on the animations when they win a point or lose which is not a lot of trouble and considering they might recycle those animations from previous games it would be only a matter of creating animations for Mila.

Silly question time, maybe one of you has an answer for this:
For a PC that has integrated video disabled in the BIOS, if the main graphics card is no longer working, is there any way to get the integrated card enabled?

Knurek

For a PC that has integrated video disabled in the BIOS, if the main graphics card is no longer working, is there any way to get the integrated card enabled?

You can reset all BIOS settings by taking the battery off of MB for a few seconds. Some also have a jumper that will clear BIOS settings.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Ignore what others have suggested and try resetting the BIOS.

Edit: D'oh, not quick enough.

He needs to step away from big publishers altogether at this point if he still wants to develop a game.

He said after the cancellation that he's done trying to get a game off the ground.

When
it was destroyed in late game, I was immensely relieved(GandalfAtEndOfRotK.gif), "fucking finally it's all over", and then Lucious drops a new one in
, I was so pissed.
That sounds hilarious
"dont worry bros, we know you love the batmobile so here's a new one"

hm. You make a valid point. I usually 'ignore' the tanks and just try to avoid the trajectories.
Rocksteady stuff the tank into everything with the intensity of Ubisoft's love for collectibles. Boss fights, puzzles, environmental navigation puzzles that are unavoidable in story missions, a shit ton of enemy tanks (I must have destroyed hundreds if not thousands of tanks, if you have that much money for those drones, you don't need to be a criminal!), transporting criminals, and even more boss fights.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
For some unknown reason I'm really enjoying Shadow of Mordor. It's totally strange, because I don't like the Assassin's Creed formula at all (this game is basically a reskinned AC), and I also dislike Lord of the Rings. A formula I find pointlessly repetitive coupled with a franchise that spawned two of the most boring movies I've seen? The result: a game that's a blast to play and makes me feel powerful, even if I'm just mashing X and Y on my controller (and sometimes A).

It also looks very pretty with everything maxed out and the free ultra textures DLC enabled.

For some unknown reason I'm really enjoying Shadow of Mordor. It's totally strange, because I don't like the Assassin's Creed formula at all (this game is basically a reskinned AC), and I also dislike Lord of the Rings. A formula I find pointlessly repetitive coupled with a franchise that spawned two of the most boring movies I've seen? The result: a game that's a blast to play and makes me feel powerful, even if I'm just mashing X and Y on my controller (and sometimes A).

It also looks very pretty with everything maxed out and the free ultra textures DLC enabled.

I think you are enjoying it because it is a good game. The story is totally garbage but the Nemesis system is so rad.

Dr Dogg

Yeah enable it in your BIOS silly :p

Can you get a display from the connection on the ports from your motherboard? Actually do you have a separate BIOS on your motherboard or know how to clear your CMOS without a visual prompt (more modern boards have a dedicated button, some funky combination listed in the manual or just put a jumper in place)?

They were when Guillermo was trying to work with them.

eh, Konami has been the house of Metal Gear for ages now, the only real exception was their Mercury Steam Castlevania games and those weren't blockbusters either.

THQ was a midtier publisher trying to become a big time publisher when GDT was working with them. They were best known for Saints Row at the time of their demise.
EA, Activision, or any of the 3 main console makers are what i would consider a big, major publisher.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think you are enjoying it because it is a good game. The story is totally garbage but the Nemesis system is so rad.
Yes, but it's very similar to AC. Why do I hate the latter but enjoy the former? That's why I can't understand.

The Nemesis system is the thing where warchiefs become stronger after killing me, right? It's nice, but I don't find it particularly interesting. They are glorified mini bosses, not unlike any tough enemy that can be found in countless other games; they simply become a bit harder to kill after dying at their hands.

Yes, but it's very similar to AC. Why do I hate the latter but enjoy the former? That's why I can't understand.

The Nemesis system is the thing where warchiefs become stronger after killing me, right? It's nice, but I don't find it particularly interesting. They are glorified mini bosses, not unlike any tough enemy that can be found in countless other games; they simply become a bit harder to kill after dying at their hands.

The combat is far better in Mordor. It's not amazing but it's vastly better than AC IMO. I don't like AC at all anymore but loved Mordor. Thought the Nemesis system was pretty cool, especially when you'd run into like 4 dudes at one time, it was a blast.

Copons

Finally reading that PCs are better than consoles thread and I'm finding it a great read and quite hilarious.

It's baffling how console supporters don't simply quit the argument after the perfectly valid reasoning of "console are more accessible and require less efforts" and instead feel the need to descend in random nonsense that's easily proven wrong.

Like the one who said that he likes console better because he prefer playing with a controller. Mkay.

Or the ones who find any possible obstacle against a PC couch setup.
"it's too expensive"
"you just need an hdmi cable"
that leads to:
"yeah but what if I have the PC in another room?"
"yeah but what if my wife doesn't like cables?"
"yeah but what if my cat doesn't appreciate transparent cases flashing out GPU's neon blue leds?"
"yeah but what if I have the PC in another floor?"

I mean, at this point one could loop back the argument to the first assumption: "yeah but I don't own a PC, so it would definitely be too expensive to buy one just to set a comfy couch situation up"

e: christ, what if I had my PS4 in a completely different house than where I currently live in? how come I'm not able to play it from my couch? Sony sucks

Finally reading that PCs are better than consoles thread and I'm finding it a great read and quite hilarious.

It's baffling how console supporters don't simply quit the argument after the perfectly valid reasoning of "console are more accessible and require less efforts" and instead feel the need to descend in random nonsense that's easily proven wrong.

Like the one who said that he likes console better because he prefer playing with a controller. Mkay.

"it's too expensive"
that leads to:
"yeah but what if my cat doesn't appreciate transparent cases flashing out GPU's neon blue leds?"

I mean, at this point one could loop back the argument to the first assumption: "yeah but I don't own a PC, so it would definitely be too expensive to buy one just to set a comfy couch situation up"
Hence the creation of that thread, it's a beautiful full circle.

Yeah enable it in your BIOS silly :p

Can you get a display from the connection on the ports from your motherboard? Actually do you have a separate BIOS on your motherboard or know how to clear your CMOS without a visual prompt (more modern boards have a dedicated button, some funky combination listed in the manual or just put a jumper in place)?

Well, that's the problem I was trying to get around. Without the working dedicated card and the option for integrated being disabled, switching the display's HDMI connection to the integrated card doesn't push any data to the screen it seems, leaving me unable to see when to hit the keys to get into the BIOS and re-enable the card.

Probably mission structure.
Mordor has an overarching mission structure and the nemesis system feeds into that and helps to vary the experience a bit. AC on the other hand, runs a bit like GTA, where you don't really have an end goal, it's just "go to the next mission and see what I'm doing now for some reason". Mordor also always focuses on fighting/combat for each mission, whereas sometimes AC just ends up with some boring/annoying race type mission or whatever. Also Mordor has a much shorter lead in when it comes to tutorial/intro.

"it's too expensive"
that leads to:

e: christ, what if I had my PS4 in a completely different house than where I currently live in? how come I'm not able to play it from my couch? Sony sucks

You seem to have glossed over the other side of the idiocy contained within that thread -- a problem with the internet in general, but something definitely seen when it comes to "pc enthusiasts"... which makes that whole thread is aggravating. I'd get banned if I went in there, I'm sure of it. Add it to the list of the moronic bullshit that runs rampant on gaming side.
As far as your edit, you sure can -- so long as you have your trusty Vita with you.

Corpekata

Banned
Some MOBOs have an easy "restore to default BIOS" button, my older one did (extreme 4 Z77) if you don't want to mess around with the battery and whatnot. Had no clue what it was until recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom