• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

ThisImprobableItalianbrownbear.gif

its the glasses

Rand6

If I only pay more than average, I will get the games from humble bundle next week?
I don't need to pay more than 15$, am I right?

BorntoPlay

Take it...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BorntoPlay, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC -- MB-487808DF98AEB607 - Taken by Out_Of_Ammo

MattyG

Banned
So I'm installing a second stick of RAM today. Do I just pop it in? It goes two DIMM slots over from the other one, right? And I just have to put it in and boot it up and I'm good to go?

Ruruja

So I'm installing a second stick of RAM today. Do I just pop it in? It goes two DIMM slots over from the other one, right? And I just have to put it in and boot it up and I'm good to go?

Most slots are colour-coordinated these days to make it easier. Otherwise, it tends to be 1-3 and 2-4. Pop them in and boot it up yes, if it beeps u dun goof'd.

Eanan

Is there a way to check the total power being used by your computer so that it doesnt overload the PSU? Im looking to add two new WD green hard drives, but think that might tip me over the max wattage on my PSU.

Is there a way to check the total power being used by your computer so that it doesnt overload the PSU? Im looking to add two new WD green hard drives, but think that might tip me over the max wattage on my PSU.

Use a page like this: http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

You don't want your used watts to be an actual match to the wattage of your PSU though. You want some overhead, but no one can tell you how to fare without knowing your parts.

derExperte

Buy an energy monitor, you can get one for less than $20.

Arthea

Yep. For example, he added a highlight to columns and rows so you can always tell where you are, which is super helpful on the massive puzzles. The Nintendo games had it but I didn't notice it wasn't included until my first 30x30.

It's an amazing feature to have in larger puzzles, just did couple of those, I can only say I'm really thankful for this.

That reminds me I might do or not a Secret Ponchos game night this Friday at usual time...

I would like to actually have people to play with (the last few times I played no one was playing, maybe Ill try again.) but, I am not sure I would be able to make whatever time you set.

I forgot the automated repost for ModBot. If I just paste the quote again will it still be found and crossed out?

I believe so.

That reminds me I might do or not a Secret Ponchos game night this Friday at usual time...

My PC is currently RIP, but even outside of that I installed it for the last AW stream I ever attended and promptly deleted it after the bullshit. I don't think I'd bother downloading it again at this point.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Resident Evil 5 -- MB-142CBEDBD17EC782 - Taken by derExperte. 27 entrants total.
Bionic Commando: Rearmed -- MB-3110F04AC244FD27 - Taken by nightstorm. 7 entrants total.

t1444852573z1.png

This is a manually automated repost because I screwed up.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
New Bundlestars site seems to be up. Has a sale going.

wow that's... much worse.

it's like the same but now it's hard to find bundles, the front page is useless [edit: nope, just the bundles weren't loading properly on some of my pageloads, it's less useless than i thought], the emphasis is on individual game sales, and regular links have been replaced with AJAX stuff... and for some reason they have an age gate.

edit: and I can't figure out how to login...

... edit: and the countdown timer on at least one bundle is counting up from 0 for some reason...

edit: and half the time when i change a filter on the games page it doesn't work

Tizoc

wow that's... much worse.

it's like the same but now it's hard to find bundles, the front page is useless [edit: nope, just the bundles weren't loading properly on some of my pageloads, it's less useless than i thought], the emphasis is on individual game sales, and regular links have been replaced with AJAX stuff... and for some reason they have an age gate.

edit: and I can't figure out how to login...

... edit: and the countdown timer on at least one bundle is counting up from 0 for some reason...

edit: and half the time when i change a filter on the games page it doesn't work

Not having any issues with it.
If all else fails there's the search box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom