• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tho if u have to trust someone that one is me

No one more harmless than myself

image.php

Hugstable

Banned
Metal Gear Rising been decent so far. I've really been enjoying the gameplay, but the camera gets really bad sometimes where it really kinda makes some parts more aggravating than anything. Plus I think I'm missing something, but where can I learn what I need to do to preform the skills that I buy in the customization menu. All they give is a description of what it does, but not how to preform the skill. Bosses have been great though and are definitely the highlight. Just started Chapter 6 and I see that I only have 1 more chapter after this.

Anastasia

I'm the most trustworthy person here. Trust me.

Problems is mostly on the, "only work with VA in the Union if you want a union VA" part, which means that any sounds(random sounds that can be done by anyone also) need to be done with union VA, the for example indie devs can't just go in and scream for a bit and call it a day.

Edit:if they use union VAs.

I think it's hard to say, because it depends on what sounds have to be recorded exactly, how much needs to be recorded, etc. If the sounds are truly something that anyone can do for the project, then I agree it will make things more difficult for indie devs or those on a tighter budget, which sucks. I hope it won't be too big of an issue if/when a deal is reached though.

Momentary

Banned
The Steam charts goes by revenue and not actual sales numbers.

I know that already. What I'm saying is that the numbers on Steam Spy seem to be a little low for a title in the NUMBER ONE SPOT that's beating out titles that are selling hand over fist. It's been at the top of the charts for a week now and it's only at 32,000 copies? There's no way.

Knurek

I know that already. What I'm saying is that the numbers on Steam Spy seem to be a little low for a title in the NUMBER ONE SPOT that's beating out titles that are selling hand over fist. It's been at the top of the charts for a week now and it's only at 32,000 copies? There's no way.

SteamSpy can't chart unredeemed gift copies received from a trader, can it?

Just can't enjoy or did something put you off in your play through of whichever Souls title you've tried at?

Kinda both, I guess.
I love conversations, choices, and story telling in my RPG, which is lacking in Souls. And the game difficulty is too harsh for me.

Lomax

Have you compared sales numbers on those other titles? It's possible that since it's still pre-release the data isn't accurate but seeing how much GTAV or something else in the top 10 has sold in the same time frame could give a point for comparison.

Honestly though, 32k seems quite reasonable, it would mean the third tier bonus was set at 25k, which seems pretty believable.

Momentary

Banned
SteamSpy can't chart unredeemed gift copies received from a trader, can it?

That's a crap ton of unredeemed copies if that is the case.

Have you compared sales numbers on those other titles? It's possible that since it's still pre-release the data isn't accurate but seeing how much GTAV or something else in the top 10 has sold in the same time frame could give a point for comparison.

Honestly though, 32k seems quite reasonable, it would mean the third tier bonus was set at 25k, which seems pretty believable.

I'm waiting for Minecraft sales to populate and divide it's total revenue by Zestiria's unit price to get some kind of estimate.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I have a Nintendo avatar and I'm proud.

My hand thing was a false alarm (I hope; it hasn't acted up in a while), so I finished up Half-Life 2: Episode 1. It was basically more of the same, but I weirdly missed HL2 in the few days I didn't play it, so I enjoyed it? Well, enjoyed it enough for a game I don't really enjoy playing in the first place. Yeah, I don't get it either.

At least it was Alyx centric, so that wasn't too bad. I still find the writing to be pretty dumb ("
ooh look, we're going to save you guys from certain doom magically, only to doom you at the end in a similar explosion! But not really because episode 2 exists!
"), but it's was better than what I remember of HL2's. The game also had the bonus of not dragging on forever and a half, like HL2 did. All in all, it was pretty okay.

Hektor

Which bayonetta?

you're doing it wrong bro. upgrade the shit out of the shield, eventually you'll recover health when they attack your shield.

Protipp for every witcher game, Quen is easymode.

Fucking hell.

Do I get the original Splinter Cell or Double Agent on sale this week?

I've got just enough credit to buy one of them but not both. Already have Chaos Theory and Blacklist but haven't yet played either.

Original. Double Agent is meh.
Chaos theory is the best, the epitome of stealthgames.

That looks great. Do we think that they'll downgrade it again or that it will actually look this way?

Apparently blackout might last til monday so seems I'll be missing ton of great lol worlds matches

Ugh fml

No electricity for an entire week? Holy shit.

pahamrick

Apparently blackout might last til monday so seems I'll be missing ton of great lol worlds matches

Ugh fml

Ouch, major sympathies.

I remember when we were without power for over a week after Hurricane Katrina, shit sucked so much due to the heat and no cold water.

Adnor

Banned
Dark Souls 3 looks amazing!

i still need to play 2 tho :V

I need to finish the first one. I got to the entrance of the sewers and just... stopped. Said to myself "Ok, this is a good place to finish this session, I'll continue tomorrow" and never continued. And then I lost my save.

My avatar is from a PC exclusive, does that mean some people will never trust me?
OWzQ4Qt.png

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Just heads up.

If you already bought Kero Blaster from Playism site, check out you account games list there and go to "Show Games Detail". There's already a Steam key waiting for you to redeem (you can't download it until Nov. 11, obviously).

2015_10_14_18_47_42_Inicio.png

"PSA"

quoted for visibility of awesomeness. I just grabbed mine too

Dr Dogg

Fucking hell Konami is the pusherman for the digital age. Not only do they have a swath of microtransactions that they give you a little taste of for free they then go and retool their game several times over, after it's released mind, to force you down the direction of buying into their devious wares. I wouldn't be surprised if MGSV is study in game design classes and lectures for years to come and not the gameplay element you'd think.

Move to England. We have great weather, food and there's never any power cuts.

It's true, especially in Manchester.

Tizoc

Just heads up.

If you already bought Kero Blaster from Playism site, check out you account games list there and go to "Show Games Detail". There's already a Steam key waiting for you to redeem (you can't download it until Nov. 11, obviously).

2015_10_14_18_47_42_Inicio.png

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssss
Thanks will do this once I get home :D

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Star Citizen drops alpha access and module passes for its one million citizens

There are now, according to Chris Roberts in his latest Letter from the Chairman, a million Star Citizens, and for that milestone, Roberts has decided to mark it with something special: alpha access and module passes have been scrapped.

What this means is that every backer that’s pledged for any Star Citizen package will receive access to the game. There are no tiers or extra costs – you can now get access to the whole thing.

“No Star Marine pass, no Alpha 2.0 pass… no additional payment needed for any module in the works, pre-release,” explained Roberts. “Going forward, should we need to put out some sort of limited release it will be done through the PTU test server. All backers will have access to any live release, the moment it publishes.”

And to thank the earliest supporters, Roberts is giving everyone who has an alpha package a bonus of 10,000 UEC, while everyone who picked up the Arena Commander pass will get 5,000 UEC.

“It goes without saying that I’m proud of the incredible community that has come together to support Star Citizen to this point,” Roberts continued, “and I’m so excited to watch and take part as you grow, evolve and change as we approach the finish line. Whether you were an Early Backer, a Veteran Backer, someone who joined yesterday or even one of the ‘Magnificent Seven’… we are all Star Citizens today, equal and with the same thing owed to us: the Best Damn Space Simulator Ever.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom